10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Did you forget who “the game” is???
    Triple H.

/formerlyknownasTerraRising
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yep. I'm all for 4 years of "acting" appointees. Republicans haven't had any problems with them the last 4 years, so they should be fine with 4 more years of "acting" officials who were not Senate confirmed.
    Same. I hate the concept, but if they really do try to stonewall nominations, they have to be treated as they deserve.

Either confirm this rational and experienced legal mind to AG, or we are going to let Nancy McCrazyperson be the acting AG. She wants to outlaw Heterosexual Relationships and calls the Southern Baptist Convention a hate group. Your call guys. You get to pick how much you want your life to suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    The senate republicans intending to be obstructionist asshats as always aside, do we have any ETAs on when we’ll get some definitive counts in the remaining states?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I'm talking judges. As for cabinet, I completely agree.
    Yeah I would just do all federal judges as recess appointments.

McConnell will try to block every one he can regardless of their qualifications unless they are blessed by the Federalist Society, and if you want so see any remotely liberal judges in the next 4 years, they have to be recess appointments. Maybe in 2022 if we flip the Senate, or if we get insanely lucky with GA runoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    PA is sounding more optimistic than NV. I'm fine with either.
    Nevada is looking pretty safe for Biden. Assuming Arizona is actually sound, there shouldn't be too much that can throw it now.

I fully expect the last 10k votes in Georgia to break for Trump at exactly the ratio he needs to barely keep the lead. There is no way Raffensburger is going to give a close election to Biden, even if he has to fill out the last two thousand ballots himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Trump just tweeted: "ANY VOTE THAT CAME IN AFTER ELECTION DAY WILL NOT BE COUNTED!", he truly is a special case isn't he.

Edit: Already flagged 3 minutes after the fact. Twitter's on the ball.
    Probably at least 1 guy who's job for the next week or three is "Watch this twitter account. Refresh every 30 seconds. Tag as applicable"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Anyone share this yet?

https://www.fox17online.com/news/ele...ng-camera-gear

Might have been posted while I was asleep.

PA having 370k votes left instead of 550k...makes things a lot scarier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Probably at least 1 guy who's job for the next week or three is "Watch this twitter account. Refresh every 30 seconds. Tag as applicable"
    Should just straight up ban the account for 72 hours. It hasn't done anything except spew bile that threatens democracy and incite violence. Now is not a time when the American people need to hear from the President, now is time for President to shut the hell up and listen to the American people.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Nevada is looking pretty safe for Biden. Assuming Arizona is actually sound, there shouldn't be too much that can throw it now.

I fully expect the last 10k votes in Georgia to break for Trump at exactly the ratio he needs to barely keep the lead. There is no way Raffensburger is going to give a close election to Biden, even if he has to fill out the last two thousand ballots himself.
    Georgia count is really slowing down this last update was only 900 votes with 300 going to Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Relax, we have time. Make sure it is done right and they are ready to deal with the psychos after.
    I’m guessing these slow counters are dotting their i’s and crossing their t’s to avoid being sucked into any litigation. Nobody wants to be the next hanging chad area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Is Nancy still stepping down as Speaker? I feel like we might need her another 2 years for this shit. I wouldn't mind someone fresh and/or progressive as long as they can be as effective as she's been the last 4.
    Why so we can another cycle of deciding how to govern based on focus groups?
    Fuck that, she needs to pass the torch. But to answer your question she walked back that statement.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Georgia count is really slowing down this last update was only 900 votes with 300 going to Trump.
    Georgia may wind up insanely close. Like within a thousand votes. But it will probably be in favor of Trump. It is too easy to cheat when it is this close, and Georgia is good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Yeah I would just do all federal judges as recess appointments.

McConnell will try to block every one he can regardless of their qualifications unless they are blessed by the Federalist Society, and if you want so see any remotely liberal judges in the next 4 years, they have to be recess appointments. Maybe in 2022 if we flip the Senate, or if we get insanely lucky with GA runoffs.
    Yeah I guess recess is the only way.. I think the country is right fucked right now no matter what we do they are gonna go with the same gameplan, and they never face consequences for it, yet we'll get screwed regardless of what we do. I would just say fuck it, but idk if Biden will.

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    "Pennsylvania’s secretary of state, Kathy Boockvar, said there are about 500,000 ballots yet to be counted and told CNN “we definitely could” know the winner by the end of Thursday."

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...eporterUpdates

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yes, but can't have "acting" judicial appointee's. That's what I was responding to.
    Yep. Though I'm hoping it'll be at worst a tie in the Senate, which is de-fact (provided Democrats don't break ranks) Democratic control on nominees etc. as Harris can consistently cast the tiebreaking vote.

NYT says there is still 500k left as of 30 minutes ago.

Where is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    "Pennsylvania’s secretary of state, Kathy Boockvar, said there are about 500,000 ballots yet to be counted and told CNN “we definitely could” know the winner by the end of Thursday."

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...eporterUpdates
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    NYT says there is still 500k left as of 30 minutes ago.
    Someone on CNN said the 500-550k figure might have been incorrect and 370k being the true figure. I hope you guys are right!