Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Pretty sure its easy to write a script with certain software available out on the web that with a button press, can switch to specific window.
    Yeah, you're looking for tiled window manager software

https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/com...r_for_windows/
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Did you read the blue post? They aren't banning multiboxing. They have no intention of banning multiboxing. Multiboxing is still considered by Blizzard to be a legitimate way to play the game. You just can't use 3rd party keystroke broadcasting software to do it any longer.

The real reason for the change actually has nothing to do with multiboxing. Some bots started using keystroke broadcasting software so that they don't have to write their own layer to hook into the game's memory and functions. From the standpoint of a bot developer, if existing software has the capability to send commands to clients, then you can just use that software to control the game and write your own logic layer on top of it.

If you read the original blue post on the topic, they spelled it out for you: "We’ve examined the use of third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients, and we've seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay."

Blue posters already clarified that multiboxing is still very much allowed via the terms of service. If they wanted to ban multiboxing, they would have simply banned multiboxing, but that's not what they did.
    you can broadcast a key into one single game window with a software, it's just mirroring it to multiple wow windows at the same time which is not allowed and they made it very clear, and you need to activate the game window manually before each keypress

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Its gonna be nice no longer seeing an army of druids with near identical names zooming around picking all herbs clean in a second.
    ^^

I don't know why Blizzard let this shit slide for so damned long. And an army of shamans in PVP... stupid.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

If I record video proof to demonstrate this for you, will you admit that you didn't understand how easy it will be for multiboxers to work around the upcoming ToS change?
    I never said this? I have only ever mentioned that it is going to slow them down tremendously. Wtf are you attempting to say that I said?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    It was ok before so no change means it's ok now. No change

I'm wondering the same about you
    That’s not what that means even remotely my friend. Thanks for convincing me of your intellect so I can end this discussion and not waste anymore of your worthless time.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    I never said this? I have only ever mentioned that it is going to slow them down tremendously. Wtf are you attempting to say that I said?
    So if I post video proof later tonight after I get home from work, demonstrating that mounting up on 5 characters is easy to do and only takes seconds, even without keystroke broadcasting, you will admit that it will only be a minor slowdown and not "tremendous slowdown" as you claimed?
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

That’s not what that means even remotely my friend. Thanks for convincing me of your intellect so I can end this discussion and not waste anymore of your worthless time.
    That's absolutely what it means and thank you for not wasting your time anymore
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

So if I post video proof later tonight after I get home from work, demonstrating that mounting up on 5 characters is easy to do and only takes seconds, even without keystroke broadcasting, you will admit that it will only be a minor slowdown and not "tremendous slowdown" as you claimed?
    Sure no problem. Film yourself on 5 characters doing something like looting mobs for a couple minutes, or doing something like herb gathering, or something like this and show the difference.

Obviously if you are just going to film yourself running in a straight line it won't do much. And I mean yeah sure I'll admit it if there's no noticeable difference but that will never be the case considering it's common fucking sense but yes do it.

It's not going to slow anything down at all as it turns out since we can just hardware box lol
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    It's not going to slow anything down at all as it turns out since we can just hardware box lol
    Actually have to ignore this troll wow lol. I never have to ignore people either this is pretty impressive.

Actually have to ignore this troll wow lol. I never have to ignore people either this is pretty impressive.
    It's not trolling, you just don't understand how hardware boxxing works. Not liking what someone is saying doesn't mean they are trolling Mr 123
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Except it does. You cannot play at NEARLY an effective rate. Multiboxing is not worth it if you can't carry inputs between windows.

So effectively, yes, this does prevent players from multiboxing, because multiboxing is worse than playing normally in all cases.
    It doesnt prevent, sorry.

Many people play multiboxing wow without 3rd party programs

People who only multibox with 3rd party programs might stop multiboxing because of this. But that doesnt mean everyone will

Sure no problem. Film yourself on 5 characters doing something like looting mobs for a couple minutes, or doing something like herb gathering, or something like this and show the difference.

Obviously if you are just going to film yourself running in a straight line it won't do much. And I mean yeah sure I'll admit it if there's no noticeable difference but that will never be the case considering it's common fucking sense but yes do it.
    I don't have any gathering professions so I can't demonstrate that since I don't have it on my characters, but I can demonstrate how easy it is to loot mobs (do you seriously not know what IWT is? lol) or mount up without keystroke broadcasting. The difference using broadcasting vs. without broadcasting will be only a few seconds at most....
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2020-11-05 at 10:07 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

I don't have any gathering professions so I can't demonstrate that since I don't have it on my characters, but I can demonstrate how easy it is to loot mobs (do you seriously not know what IWT is? lol) or mount up without keystroke broadcasting. The difference using broadcasting vs. without broadcasting will be only a few seconds at most....
    Sounds like excuses to me

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    if blizzard sees that a key is broadcasted at the same time or very close interval or at the same interval (hence non human) to multiple game windows, then they will ban.
    it's not hard to detect a human alt tab or window switch, the interval is never the same to the milisecond.
    there's no such thing as making millions per day with tricks like this, maybe it was possible if you cheated, no longer.
    Are you joking?

If it was so easy like you are saying as today we will have 0 false positive banned and 0 bots in the game.
    Humanity.

While happy I cannot fail to see its input broadcasting software, not multiboxers, that are getting the boot, while the worst multiboxers surely use IBS I imagine banning it does not necessarily mean the end of these 'people'.

Sounds like excuses to me
    Yeah OK I'll get right on dropping my 300/300 crafting professions for mining so that I can demo that for you...

You previously argued that the hurdle would be mounting up and following on multiple characters without input broadcasting and I already explained how a mouseover mining macro works. You are obviously just shifting the goalposts at this point.

It's funny that you are in complete denial and have no understanding at all of the basic methods of multiboxing available. You are basically plugging your ears at this point and saying "LALALA I can't hear your, you are so inconvenienced by this change" when experienced multiboxers are telling you this doesn't change much.

― Douglas Adams

Yeah OK I'll get right on dropping my 300/300 crafting professions for mining so that I can demo that for you...

You previously argued that the hurdle would be mounting up and following on multiple characters without input broadcasting and I already explained how a mouseover mining macro works. You are obviously just shifting the goalposts at this point.

It's funny that you are in complete denial and have no understanding at all of the basic methods of multiboxing available. You are basically plugging your ears at this point and saying "LALALA I can't hear your, you are so inconvenienced by this change" when experienced multiboxers are telling you this doesn't change much.
    That’s hilarious because people who are actually KNOWN for multiboxing have been posting all over the forums about how they are cancelling all their subs on multiple accounts because of this change and how it will effect them.

But yeah, let’s go by random forum poster #14632 that multiboxing somehow isn’t going to be effected by this at all. Okay bud. Whatever you say.

Quote Originally Posted by locketto View Post
    you are wrong. Years later and you still don't understand how it works.

While a normal months cost 13€ with a debit card, a month paid with tokens is 20€.
    You are not paying the 20€ for the month with your gold, someone else does for you and take your gold.

Every token sold for them is equal to a month paid 20€ instead of 13€

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong, gathering will be less affected by this "softban".
    You can still gather, follow the master with addons (LUA coded), you will only manually (?) (till an addon coded on LUA will come) swap window and press right-click

The big nerf for now (let's see how it evolves) is for stand still farm.

Funny how people are mad for a guy controlling 5 accounts while if they go in an entrance in the right shard for an old dungeon they can see THOUSANDS of bots entering every minute.
    If they purchase a wow token that means someone already payed for it. Whether or not it is bought.

That’s hilarious because people who are actually KNOWN for multiboxing have been posting all over the forums about how they are cancelling all their subs on multiple accounts because of this change and how it will effect them.

But yeah, let’s go by random forum poster #14632 that multiboxing somehow isn’t going to be effected by this at all. Okay bud. Whatever you say.
    Lots of people are canceling but not everyone
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    What is cool about it? I can only think of cheating when i think of multiboxing. Making things faster than intended - like leveling for boosts. Farming things faster than intended - like herbing for gold / selling. Oneshotting ppl in pvp with perfectly aligned attacks that a group of actual people would not be able to do.
    What am i missing? I mean i dont think anyone multiboxes just to prance around in mount parades?
    Because you are thinking of ways to game the system.
    My two friends who did multi-box did get refunded for Shadowlands and have since quit the game.
    You likely never saw them, because one of them basically only ran mythic 5mans and the other one did that as well as 10man normal raiding, dabbling in heroic raiding.

They didn’t do it to get an advantage, they did it because to them, this was a fun way to play the game and challenge themselves, playing 10 different classes at the same time in a raid, doing very different things with one keyboard. Because it was complicated, not because they couldn’t join a guild.

They in turn have forums and communities they are part of, who all do the same things. Or, rather, did.
    You likely never saw them, you likely will not notice they are gone, but the game they played died very suddenly.