Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I guess 4senators per state with % of senators picked by % of vote? I guess is a step at least.
    So basically what Australia has for our state and federal upper houses :P

Honestly first past the post NEEDS to die. You know something is wrong when someone can win a seat without getting a clear majority of the votes. Sure preferential voting does lead to a 2 party system like first past the post, but if you win a seat via preferences you need to appeal to the minor parties and their supporters. Because without them, you may not have won at all.

Unfortunately, politicians do not want to remove and replace the system that got them in power.

As for voting in a head of state, imo it should be something like how we (australians) deal with referendums. Where you need to get majority of the national popular vote AND majority of the states. That way both the individual person has a say, plus the states themselves still have a say.
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2020-11-05 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    If he loses they may have to ban him to keep him from trying to start a civil war.
    If he loses, they'll probably just ban him anyway. Pretty sure the only reason they haven't already is because he uses it as an official platform for his administration.

Trump running behind Generic Republicans all over the country is a significant part of what’s driving the political calculus of the institutional GOP right now.

This is my guess before the election and now. I always believe the Republicans who just couldn't stand Trump no more went Republican down ballot to check Joe Biden and Dems.

So say they left the Presidential ticket open. Idk for sure.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I guess 4senators per state with % of senators picked by % of vote? I guess is a step at least.
    i was thinking more of term limits like the president.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    If he loses they may have to ban him to keep him from trying to start a civil war.
    The day he leaves (is removed from) office, they'd have to permaban him on every form of social media. He can go make GAB a thing finally.

If he loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    And that larger problem is Rupert Murdoch and his media empire

At least in the UK, Australia and the US.

I will never forget the Aussie Daily telegraph (well, the Sunday telegraph, which is the sunday version) saying "Australia needs Tony" on its front cover back in 2013.

At least the recent Queensland state election made Murdoch cry. And looks like he is going to cry again if current trends continue in the US.
    Murdoch's media bullshit is just a symptom. The UK, the US and Australia are rich, advanced economies and societies. They have no excuse not to have every single citizen educated enough to not believe the bullshit dailyfox spews.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    The day he leaves (is removed from) office, they'd have to permaban him on every form of social media. He can go make GAB a thing finally.

If he loses.
    The day he leaves office it was be into multiple indictments, his passport taken, and potentially have his access to social media terminated as potential safety risk to those involved.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Biden oversaw the gutting of industrial mid-west and was on the front lines promoting it. If you don't think people would vote against him for that you're crazy. It seems most people don't follow politics that closely, and vote on their own small perception of the world and lived experiences.
    It doesn't matter. Biden could have personally killed your dog in front of you and burned down your house, you'd still have to vote for him over Trump.

Do you understand that Trump is a fucking maniac who is succeeding at what the British, the Confederacy, the Japanese, the Nazis and Soviets failed at? Destroying the country. The whole thing.

And not just that, but the damage is worldwide and generational.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The day he leaves office it was be into multiple indictments, his passport taken, and potentially have his access to social media terminated as potential safety risk to those involved.
    I mean...I think, given how careless he's been with classified information already, there's a serious risk that he could discuss classified information when he's out of office.

Like, imagine, January 30th there's a massive feature on Fox News with the inside scoop on Area 51 and top secret military projects. Sourced to a former, unnamed president. : |

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i was thinking more of term limits like the president.
    I don't think that will help. McConnel has his term limit, then picks his replacement that is in turn just as insane as he is and repeats. Having more senators per state allows for the minorities in each state to end up having a say in the senate if they are picked by a more proportional voting number (they can still be by 6-year terms but all senators in the state share the 6 years)

I am from the EU, can somebody from the USA explain those mail in votes?

Are those votes send out by the mail man to adresses, and afterward you can just send it back by mail to a government adres? is this the way it works?
    Or people on vacation still need to do the normal voting but its send back to the state they live in?
    Last edited by tromage2; 2020-11-05 at 10:50 PM.

Biden oversaw the gutting of industrial mid-west and was on the front lines promoting it. If you don't think people would vote against him for that you're crazy. It seems most people don't follow politics that closely, and vote on their own small perception of the world and lived experiences.
    Dying polluting industries that for the good of humanity needed to go. Some of them went to other nations but others also if these people don't get that then they need to realise the world isn't just some 5 square mile and think more than mememememememe!

It could easily go the other direction and get someone who wants to fundamentally change the country for the better. That is my hope, but I am concerned because we can easily go the other direction.
    Sure, but Biden winning is a preferable alternative to another 4 years of Trump, and hopefully would pave the way for someone that wants to change the country for the better after 4 years of stabilizing things once more. Pretty much everyone knows he's not "just" a problem, but a symptom of greater problems with the conservative movement in the US dating back to the Nixon era, that's been expanded considerably thanks to the Murdoch media empire. At least everyone who doesn't support him.

They know he's a symptom. But you treat symptoms while trying to treat the root causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    It doesn't matter. Biden could have personally killed your dog in front of you and burned down your house, you'd still have to vote for him over Trump.

Do you understand that Trump is a fucking maniac who is succeeding at what the British, the Confederacy, the Japanese, the Nazis and Soviets failed at? Destroying the country. The whole thing.

And not just that, but the damage is worldwide and generational.
    However hyperbolic. I'm gonna upvote this one. Just because.

Steve Bannon just said on a podcast that during second term of Trump, Fauci and FBI Director should be beheaded and put their heads on pikes.

That's the Party of Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post

Are those votes send out by the mail man to adresses, and afterward you can just send it back by mail to a government adres? is this the way it works?
    Maybe it is just me but as somebody from the EU this sound like a very bad concept (just me ofc).
    In my country everybody needs to vote in person by showing your ID and alone so nobody can pressure you and nobody can vote for you, mail votes cancels this whole concept.
    Yeah it's just you. Not sorry your Trump guy lost because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Georgia is gone.

I would never vote for someone who shot my dog. That's just crazy. I would just stay home.

Also Hi Beanman12345 I saw you outraged comment. Good thing you fixed it. Glad you are still thinking about me. <3
    Ok, lets put it this way:
    - Would you vote for Biden and take a metaphorical shotgun blast to the foot? Or...
    - Would you vote for Trump and instead put the barrel in your children's mouth and blow away their future? Or...
    - Would you just not vote and let someone else decide which of those options gets to happen? Because there isn't any other option on the board.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post

Maybe it is just me but as somebody from the EU this sound like a very bad concept (just me ofc).
    In my country everybody needs to vote in person by showing your ID and alone so nobody can pressure you and nobody can vote for you, mail votes cancels this whole concept.
    Yes, you get a ballot in the mail. You open it, fill it out, and either mail it back or drop it off at a special ballot collection box in your county.

In Europe IDs are very easy to get because almost every country has a national ID card. The US does not. Your ID is your driver's license. If you don't drive, you get still get a photo ID but it's much more burdensome to get one than it is in Europe. Even so there are ID voter laws here but they tend to affect disproportionally affect poor people and minorities, leading to lower voter turnouts.

I don't think that will help. McConnel has his term limit, then picks his replacement that is in turn just as insane as he is and repeats. Having more senators per state allows for the minorities in each state to end up having a say in the senate if they are picked by a more proportional voting number (they can still be by 6-year terms but all senators in the state share the 6 years)
    i was thinking more along the lines of getting fresh ideas more often and not having people be in there for 30+ years.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor