Trump down to 18224 in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Anyone with standing. Which means anyone who it would affect IIRC.
    Ah, why I am asking was wondering if Biden could pass EO if McConnell refuses to pass as a law that are popular and then use that against them when they try to fight it in the Senate just by claiming, here is the law, go ahead and vote on it while making sure its on TV.

Was wondering if it required the Senate to actually challenge them which was why Trumps EO's weren't really challenged.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

PA down to 18042.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    @Breccia

Question, if the President does an executive order, who is it that has to challenge it?
    Anyone can challenge an Executive Order's legality. However, if they do so without any actual reason, the attempt will basically instantly fail. If they have enough cause, they can drag a lawsuit to the federal level.

Realistically, it's Congress. They can either pass a bill which blocks it, which yes Trump would instantly veto. Or, they could refuse to fund it, if it's a thing that requires funding. We've already seen Trump doesn't care about funding, taking money from military pensions to build 3 miles of Wall that fell down, but sometimes courts do.

And of course, as we've seen, an E.O. does not always last. Trump ran on undoing all of Obama's "unConstitutional" E.O.'s. Apparently he suddenly remembered mid-October of this year that he, whoopsie daisy! Forgot to do that. So he found a few and shredded them in a big showy display, raising the total to 100.

Obama passed a total of 276. Trump, 152. So not only did Trump issue just about as many (per term of course), he also didn't come close to reversing them all. Or, maybe that low proportion were the unConstitutional ones? It's one of the many things Trump did in October when he suddenly realized he had to do his job, to keep his job.

EDIT: Also, @cubby is going to be far more effective at answering this.

I feel like John Lewis and John McCain are looking back from the beyond and laughing their asses off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    If Trump leaves, I guarantee he'll fall in line with whatever the GOP messaging happens to be thereafter.
    Well for a while, that seems to be...himself. Anyone seen McConnell lately?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I don't understand what you mean by "a static analogue to the House". To me, it's just unrepresentative. To take the most extreme example, in the Senate Alaska has 1 vote for every 350,000 people. California has 1 vote for every 19 million. Literally, an Alaska citizen is roughly equal to 55 Californians when it comes to the Senate.
    I mean, that's quite literally the difference between the House of Representatives and the Senate. The House is representative of the population, the Senate is representative of the states.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Ah, why I am asking was wondering if Biden could pass EO if McConnell refuses to pass as a law that are popular and then use that against them when they try to fight it in the Senate just by claiming, here is the law, go ahead and vote on it while making sure its on TV.

Was wondering if it required the Senate to actually challenge them which was why Trumps EO's weren't really challenged.
    Trump's EOs weren't challenged because he sucks at EOs and his carried no force. They were almost invariably stating an intent to do a thing at some point in the future or recommending Congress do the thing.

The couple that he did that actually carried force of law, like the transgender ban in the military, and the travel bans, were challenged and overturned in most cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Trump down to 1267 in GA now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    has the attempted attack slowed down the count in PA?
    They barely made it to the city before they were ratted out, pulled over, and their gun was taken.

My guess is Wolf and Kenney, both Democrats who support the police and also a fair election, have already arranged a blue wall of their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Where are you seeing the updates?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

God bless American democracy, where you can win the popular vote by 5 million but still have people up late hoping to god you win a grand total of 20000 votes in 2 different states that apparently matter more than 38 of the other states.

10+ Year Old Account
    You saw the arrest, right? They already have.
    I guess my concern is that it won't be picked up. It just seems likely that we'll be reading about someone 'successfully' attacking a crowd with automatic weapons because MAGA. And I hope it doesn't, but you can bet your arse that Trumps actions are directly increasing the likelihood this kind of thing might happen.

Fucking depressing and just make me feel more empathy for decent Americans. It's great they appear to be the majority, but jesus, there is a cancer in US Society and it ain't small.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, why I am asking was wondering if Biden could pass EO if McConnell refuses to pass as a law .
    Executive Orders are limited in scope. Trump could order the penalty of the ACA reduced to $0 by just not enforcing it, but he couldn't actually remove the law. Nor could he, for example, require every American to buy a toothbrush, but he could order federal employees to.

They barely made it to the city before they were ratted out, pulled over, and their gun was taken.

My guess is Wolf and Kenney, both Democrats who support the police and also a fair election, have already arranged a blue wall of their own.
    good to hear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    'successfully'
    Matter of time, I'm afraid. Too many Trump supporters have already demonstrated themselves to be terrorists. It's logical to assume others share that belief but just haven't done it yet.

Anyone can challenge an Executive Order's legality. However, if they do so without any actual reason, the attempt will basically instantly fail. If they have enough cause, they can drag a lawsuit to the federal level.

Realistically, it's Congress. They can either pass a bill which blocks it, which yes Trump would instantly veto. Or, they could refuse to fund it, if it's a thing that requires funding. We've already seen Trump doesn't care about funding, taking money from military pensions to build 3 miles of Wall that fell down, but sometimes courts do.

And of course, as we've seen, an E.O. does not always last. Trump ran on undoing all of Obama's "unConstitutional" E.O.'s. Apparently he suddenly remembered mid-October of this year that he, whoopsie daisy! Forgot to do that. So he found a few and shredded them in a big showy display, raising the total to 100.

Obama passed a total of 276. Trump, 152. So not only did Trump issue just about as many (per term of course), he also didn't come close to reversing them all. Or, maybe that low proportion were the unConstitutional ones? It's one of the many things Trump did in October when he suddenly realized he had to do his job, to keep his job.

EDIT: Also, @cubby is going to be far more effective at answering this.
    I wasn't thinking about Trump, I was thinking of Biden using it to sidestep McConnel on bills he refused to bring to the floor and then when/if they try to in the Senate mention the bill and try to make it televised.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    PA down to 18042.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Is the percentage of votes Biden still needs to collect staying in line with how many he's been getting relative to Trump?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Executive Orders are limited in scope. Trump could order the penalty of the ACA reduced to $0 by just not enforcing it, but he couldn't actually remove the law. Nor could he, for example, require every American to buy a toothbrush, but he could order federal employees to.
    Ah, k. Kinda getting caught up some, sorry I missed this before the last response.

Edit: Well, off to bed for me, night guys and hopefully I wake up to good news. Later

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Well, off to bed for me, night guys and hopefully I wake up to good news. Later
    We keep hoping, at this point I just look forward to waking up and having a few seconds of peace before I remember everything that's going on.
    /s