Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Damn, so many tears you'd think a DH ran off with some peoples' wife or beat them when they were a kid

Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    Of course, it must've slipped my mind that there's also people participating in PvP who have a hard time counting to single digit numbers.

The damage was a problem, but the utility can be dealt with... if you can spare the necessary mental faculties.
    R1 Warriors having Sharpen Blade up for 30ish seconds because Blade Dance/ Death Sweep was not a balanced ability by any stretch of the imagination. But yeah sure, problem was people not being able to perform math.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    R1 Warriors having Sharpen Blade up for 30ish seconds because Blade Dance/ Death Sweep was not a balanced ability by any stretch of the imagination. But yeah sure, problem was people not being able to perform math.
    You didnt need math... one weak aura is enough and completely negated blade dance dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    You didnt need math... one weak aura is enough and completely negated blade dance dodge.
    Doesn't change the point. Skill was not healthy for the game and had to go. If Overpower still did sensible damage we could have an argument, but that was demented defense for a class with such high leech and defensives and mobility on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    Doesn't change the point. Skill was not healthy for the game and had to go. If Overpower still did sensible damage we could have an argument, but that was demented defense for a class with such high leech and defensives and mobility on top of that.
    I'd much rather have less leech (which comes from a specific talent build anyway) and the dodge return in some form. I don't disagree that it needed to be nerfed, but removing it entirely took away an ability that allowed to apply your skill. That it was busted even if you used it without much skill is a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    I'd much rather have less leech (which comes from a specific talent build anyway) and the dodge return in some form. I don't disagree that it needed to be nerfed, but removing it entirely took away an ability that allowed to apply your skill. That it was busted even if you used it without much skill is a different matter.
    Herein lies the issue. The DH rotation already revolves around 2 buttons and Eye Beam, and it still does relevant dps despite the nerfs. Blade Dance simply had too much packed inside it.

Leech is a healthier mechanic because it forces you to be active on the target to get any sensible mitigation. Still a broken mechanic, burt a healthier one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly they killed the DH flair for me. That dodge was as defining as the wings, but more so. I knew i can have a second respite when pulling lots of mobs, check my CDs and deicide how ill not die in the next moment. That moment of assurance between the high haste ability spam made the class feel real. By removing it to improve gameplay (which is what Blizz does a lot in the last 5-6 yrs) they killed again something that was interesting. Congrats to the other classes that cried so much for the pvp where they (im sure lost many games because of a 1 sec dodge). You win, and managed to again force Blizzard to slowly erode another class fantasy for the 1000s of players out there, and especially the ones that never touch pvp.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Now we have crap leech AND no skill dodge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, 100% dodge chance allowed DHs to cheese so many abilities in PvE that other classes have to deal with. Things like Cheat Death and Immunities are at least shared, but only DHs have a 100% dodge chance on a <10 second CD

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind that DHs still have a mini-Evasion on a 60 second CD. While it only grants 50% dodge chance, DHs do have somewhere between 10-20% dodge baseline. So Blur is actually 60-70% dodge chance for 10 seconds, almost as good as Evasion is, and it grants 35% damage reduction to boot. This also doesn't take into account their other various anti-melee abilities, such as...

Death From Above - Essentially 6 seconds of melee immunity, along with excellent damage capability. Unless melee are literally right next to a pillar, there is no countering this. Also provides a brief, ~1-2 seconds of immunity to Range.

Vengeful Retreat - Opens up a gap to allow your healer to heal you AND adds a slow to ALL melee nearby. It's CD matches that of most other melee's gap closer, meaning that you still have...

Fel Rush to open up even more distance if need be so.

Let's also not forget Fel Eruption, a 20 yd range, undispellable 4 second stun that has a short, 30 second CD. Now, if we look at single equivalents, we have...

1: Stormbolt on Warriors, which has the same stats as Fel Eruption, BUT only half the damage..
    2: Mighty Bash on Druids, which is only a 4 second stun with a minute CD and requires melee range (Though Druids DO have Cyclone and Roots so they are ahead in the CC department overall)
    3: Asphixiate on DKs, which is a 4 second stun, 20 yd range, 45 second CD, no damage.

There are a myriad of other stuns, but I just want comparable talent stuns. Now to see what each specs gives up for it...

DH - Gives up either 2 charges on Glaive Toss, along with a 50% snare, OR Chaos Nova can be used a bit more often (No contest here really)
    Druid - Gives up instant AoE roots, OR an extremely powerful defensive CD in the form of Heart of the Wild (Very tough choice, HotW is great for survival)
    DK - Frost gives up either an extra 10 yd range on DG (Somewhat meh), OR a 5 second AoE Disorient that also has a slow built in. UH gives up the same DG, OR a powerful slow on Death and Decay.
    Warrior - Very tough choice between Impending Victory (Powerful defensive CD) and Warbringer (Doubles their ability to close a gap).

As we can see here, DH has the lowest opportunity cost for their talented stun, and basically gets the MOST powerful version of said stun.

Case closed. I guess the dev behind DHs got fired like the Dev behind MoP locks got fired, so DHs are loosing all the love that the single dev gave em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.