10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    That was a pretty close race, too close to be honest. I'm glad it's over.
    It isn't. Besides the final counts, and the recounts, there will be legal actions, and I disagree with you about the violence.

This isn't over.

Philly is so fucking slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    12k lead in PA.
    "If this trend continues" we'll see a recount. PA does it automatically at 0.5% or less.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Philly is so fucking slow.
    Try driving in it. Good subway system tho.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    I don't think so, it's still a very good system for having an unalterable record. For example it's been used as a way to maintain land ownership.
    That's a proposal for how to use it, it's not actually in-place. And it's a proposal from...a blockchain company. Weird that they'd be hot on the idea of blockchain!

It has already been used in some voting situations.
    At least that's a successful example, but I'd have to look closer at the results to have a firm opinion. And it's very small-scale, so we'd have to see what kinds of hitches would come with expanding this to tens of millions/100M+ votes. I'm not terribly optimistic about that though.

This doesn't seem like some unnecessary fad that is being added somewhere it shouldn't be, but something that can provide tangible value where there are currently flaws.
    Don't wanna get too off-topic but...let's just say that about 3 years ago when blockchain was going to "FIX EVERYTHING!" my company almost worked with about a dozen different blockchain clients on various new startups/initiatives/projects. We ended up not winning/taking that business for the most part, and I don't think any one of those companies/products ended up being successful or is still pursuing the technology.

There'd need to a be a TON more small-scale testing that was slowly ramped up before any electoral rollout. And honestly, I'm not remotely optimistic about it given my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "If this trend continues" we'll see a recount. PA does it automatically at 0.5%
    Never a recount changed tens of thousands votes. At best they changed hundreds.

Really, we have been talking about math and facts since Election Day and there is nothing to be afraid, it's just democracy working.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "If this trend continues" we'll see a recount. PA does it automatically at 0.5% or less.

- - - Updated - - -

Try driving in it. Good subway system tho.
    Biden should mop up provisionals... I was estimating 80k provisionals, which should get him close to out of the recount territory. But that's going to take like a week :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Barring any strange surprises, yes. But it's still 2020.

12k lead in PA.
    The change in PA was fairly expected.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Thunderf00t/community

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Don't wanna get too off-topic but...let's just say that about 3 years ago when blockchain was going to "FIX EVERYTHING!" my company almost worked with about a dozen different blockchain clients on various new startups/initiatives/projects. We ended up not winning/taking that business for the most part, and I don't think any one of those companies/products ended up being successful or is still pursuing the technology.

There'd need to a be a TON more small-scale testing that was slowly ramped up before any electoral rollout. And honestly, I'm not remotely optimistic about it given my experience.
    Oh yeah totally, it would take a lot of work. And there's a lot of examples of companies trying to adopt random tech because it's popular, even when it wouldn't really fulfill a purpose for them, like IoT devices being all the rage. Who needs a wireless toaster? lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Even Rush Limbaugh is telling Trump its over.

https://twitter.com/stevethomma/stat...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    I hope Trump takes his medal back. One less stain to clean later.

Really, we have been talking about math and facts since Election Day and there is nothing to be afraid, it's just democracy working.
    well except when the scotus said a recount doesn't count ie bush v gore.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    well except when the scotus said a recount doesn't count ie bush v gore.
    Which was for other reasons (still bullshit) and they were clear was not a ruling to establish precedent.

Nevada announces mistakes everyday, ffs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    I do agree with the Demo caucus yesterday that the 2020 Demo campaign as a whole was run horribly. Democrats need new and much better upper leadership or they absolutely will get destroyed in the 2022/2024 elections. I don't see any change happening, but it's desperately needed. Election cycle #3 of underperforming in a row, and this election was as teed up for them to be successful as it gets and they flubbed it badly.
    You're lying. Badly.

Biden has received nearly 74,000,000 votes this campaign. That's a massive leap of support up from that of any prior President. The closest you get before this was Barack Obama in 2008, with 69,500,000 or so. Population levels haven't changed enough in 12 years to account for that leap.

When you have to base your position of false information, like you're trying to do here, it's clear you're just trying to conceal the truth.

Nevada announces mistakes everyday, ffs
    Nevada says they still have roughly 150k more votes to count, mostly from Clark a Biden friendly area. But they won't be releasing any new updates till this evening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Which was for other reasons (still bullshit) and they were clear was not a ruling to establish precedent.
    And even if it did set some precedent, it would be that attempting to recount an election it appears you lost (as trump appears to have) is not going to get you anywhere.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're lying. Badly.

Biden has received nearly 74,000,000 votes this campaign. That's a massive leap of support up from that of any prior President. The closest you get before this was Barack Obama in 2008, with 69,500,000 or so. Population levels haven't changed enough in 12 years to account for that leap.

When you have to base your position of false information, like you're trying to do here, it's clear you're just trying to conceal the truth.
    Tbh Biden's biggest pro is that he's not Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Tbh Biden's biggest pro is that he's not Trump.
    Sure, I'm hardly a Biden fanboy.

But their claim was that the Democrats were "underperforming", this election. There is literally no metric where that is true.