Page 94 of 127 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    No, I hadn't seen him - I'm assuming he's part of some later activity in Torghast as well, probably something not in the Beta yet. Perhaps he's a new model replacing some of the current placeholders in the Maw and/or Torghast, as well.
    @tommyhil622
    I found his model on WoWhead and he's just called generic "Maw Necromancer".
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=173517/maw-necromancer
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    @tommyhil622
    See the post above, he serves as a mini boss currently.
    Nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Nothing special.
    Ah thank you, I missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I like to think that the ghostly world our character end up in when they die is kind of a 'waiting room' in the Shadowlands. It IS part of it, but it's so close to the realm of the living that we can essentially see the living world (and still-living creatures), but as a ghostly reflection

(Oh and kinda off topic, but why does Bwonsamdi appear in that realm when we die in Zandalar? Is he just there for a non-serious reason, ex. to laugh at us?)
    I would call this mini-realm the Veil.

No, I hadn't seen him - I'm assuming he's part of some later activity in Torghast as well, probably something not in the Beta yet. Perhaps he's a new model replacing some of the current placeholders in the Maw and/or Torghast, as well.
    Gotcha, yea it's possible.

@tommyhil622
    Ah, so he's just one of those elites that you face at the end of a floor or a section in Torghast. Good find.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Nothing special.
    Cool. More than likely he's nothing special, just generic boss type. Do you remember the wing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Ah, so he's just one of those elites that you face at the end of a floor or a section in Torghast. Good find.
    Looks like replacement is the one, as if I recall those Maw Necromancers used to have a Mawsworn Kyrian-looking model prior to one of the more recent Beta builds.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah thank you, I missed that.
    I found same kind of guy , hes not the same as last time cus that one was an actuall mini boss, but they excist still stronger then other mobs.

These mobs are called Deathspeakers. They look badass and they use the human male casting animations etc
    Picture while playing on the beta -->https://ibb.co/D49RHXn
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-11-05 at 07:04 PM.

Looks like replacement is the one, as if I recall those Maw Necromancers used to have a Mawsworn Kyrian-looking model prior to one of the more recent Beta builds.
    Yea i agree. There's been some changes here and there. But i vaguely remember those Maw necromancers before the change.

Some cool dialog between Thassarian and Koltira:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318961/...in-shadowlands

Thassarian:
    I first took up the sword when the Plague of Undeath first began to grip Lordaeron. In the years since, I have served as a soldier in death for far longer than I did in life.

The wars of the living seem like paltry concerns in the face of forces such as those I have glimpsed beyond the veil. My loyalty has been pledged to the Alliance, and I shall stand for its citizens until I fall for the final time. But there are far greater threats to their existence than the Horde.

Perhaps they see that now, with the skies above Icecrown torn asunder and Death breathing down their necks. Such is the curse of the living.

They know not what truly matters until their time has come.
    Koltira Deathweaver:
    Do you know how I died? It was during the defense of Quel'Thalas, under the command of Ranger-General Sylvanas Windrunner.

She gave her life to save her kingdom, her people, and for her efforts she was raised into undeath. Just as I was. But then our paths diverged.

Sylvanas has inflicted more loss and suffering than either of us endured in life. She imprisoned me in the bowels of Undercity for years after I dared to staunch the bleeding with a momentary truce.

Not even the Ebon Blade could negotiate my release. Say what you will about the Banshee Queen...but she has never relented in life or in death.

Sylvanas will not be an easy foe to fell. She never was.
    Thassarian: The Helm of Domination has been shattered. A strange thought. For so long it has been a symbol of our curse and our duty.
    Koltira: And now we wield our blades on behalf of the one who wore it.
    Thassarian: Bolvar Fordragon is no longer the Lich King. If we are to take orders from anyone, I could think of far worse leaders to issue them.
    Koltira: Like Genn Greymane, for instance?
    Thassarian: Or Sylvanas Windrunner.
    Koltira: Point taken.
    Koltira: Do you recall anything from the moment of your death, Thassarian? Did the Kyrian come for your soul?
    Thassarian: If they did, then I have no memory of it.
    Koltira: I see. What fate do you supposed the Arbiter would have chosen for us?
    Thassarian: It is pointless to speculate. What has happened cannot be changed. We can only move forward, as inexorable as Death itself.
    Thassarian: And what of you, Koltira? What do you remember of your own demise?
    Koltira: I remember you were the one who killed me.
    Thassarian: You are most welcome.
    @Aucald
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2020-11-06 at 02:59 AM.

Those "Maw Necromancer"/Deathspeaker dudes really remind me of Harbaron from Maw of Souls....

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Some cool dialog between Thassarian and Koltira:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318961/...in-shadowlands
    Does this have voice acting, I wonder? I really want to hear Koltira's inflection when he says "I remember you were the one who killed me" to Thassarian - because there's a ton of weight in that, and it could go any number of ways depending.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

god, kolthira still lying after what? 10 years?
    stop the bleeding? damn he literally threw forsaken lives away to save the alliance ones...

10+ Year Old Account
    Koltira: Do you recall anything from the moment of your death, Thassarian? Did the Kyrian come for your soul?
    Thassarian: If they did, then I have no memory of it.
    Koltira: I see. What fate do you supposed the Arbiter would have chosen for us?
    Thassarian: It is pointless to speculate. What has happened cannot be changed. We can only move forward, as inexorable as Death itself.
    Thassarian: And what of you, Koltira? What do you remember of your own demise?
    Koltira: I remember you were the one who killed me.
    Thassarian: You are most welcome.
    Is this in reference to when they were both raised by the Lich King or have they died again? Cause it seems a little strange. Also weirdcomment from Koltira regarding Genn and did Thassarian just forget about every other single instance of a cosmic or great threat attacking Azeroth?

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    god, kolthira still lying after what? 10 years?
    stop the bleeding? damn he literally threw forsaken lives away to save the alliance ones...
    No don't you see? Purposely misleading your forces into a stalemate and having them die with no intended progress made towards claiming victory as well as getting one of your most important units killed and having the occasional meeting with the enemy leader to share memories of times before this conflict after they both willingly chose to join opposing armies when they were not required to is a prime example of a truce that stopped people dying and didn't result in lives and resources being wasted totally. Sylvanas imprisoning him and driving the Alliance into a retreat where conflict subsided, people stopped dying and allowed the Alliance to regroup and reorganise and enabled the assault on Scholomance to take place and deal with Gandling once and for all? Extremely Bloody and devastating to both sides, what kind of person would commit the War Crime of stopping a conflict by convincing enemy forces to leave prior to their attack?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but do we know anything about the In-Between (a space between the realms of the Shadowlands) at this point? There are a few mounts that have their origins there so it got me curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Sorry if this has already been discussed, but do we know anything about the In-Between (a space between the realms of the Shadowlands) at this point? There are a few mounts that have their origins there so it got me curious.
    While we're on this subject I'm curious about this voice over that plays when you arrive in SL zones. I've mentioned it some time ago but got no replies.

2:49

Do we know who does the voice belong to? It intrigues me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    While we're on this subject I'm curious about this voice over that plays when you arrive in SL zones. I've mentioned it some time ago but got no replies.

https://youtu.be/n2EAyKgr52I?t=169

Not sure whose voice it is, but I think it's a bug. Haven't played Beta in the previous couple of versions, but I don't recall that clip playing when I transferred into zones from Oribos.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post

https://youtu.be/n2EAyKgr52I?t=169

weird, never heard that voice in any of my play throughs. Must be some early thing. I've played recently (few months after this was recorded).

I'm starting to suspect that it might be the new race/faction the Brokers who stuck a deal with the Jailer and broke the Machine of Death in his favor.

They are as shady as they can get. Apparently one of them - Ve'nari is working towards her own goals in the Maw, which seems to be frowned upon by her "people".

Thinking about what their real intentions might be makes me feel the same way as when I first watched the pilot season of Lost. It just "feels" like they are a way bigger player than it currently appears.

I am so happy Sunwalker Dezco is back. He was undeservedly forgotten for the sake of boring Liadrin. Hopefully we'll get to see more of him in SL storyline. In my humble opinion, he should become the main paladin of the Horde.
    Last edited by BaumanKing; 2020-11-16 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    I am so happy Sunwalker Dezco is back. He was undeservedly forgotten for the sake of boring Liadrin. In my humble opinion, he should become the main paladin of the Horde.
    Agreed. Even during his limited appearance in MoP, I developed greater feelings towards that character then Liadrin managed to evoke during all of her time in game. It got even worse in Arathi WF where even Alliance leaders are not even close to level blandness Liadrin showed.