10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    You should bother. you should reject all forms of hate and bigotry. That is Trump. But you also can't just be content to let it continue while sitting on the sidelines. you have to self reflect and realize that other's are victims to hate and bigotry, and fight back against it! How do you fight against it? at minimum, you vote against it!
    ‘Cmon man... I know we don’t have Trump supporters to chastise, but... ‘Cmon...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    So we will find out the winner around Sunday ?
    They could (and should) call this race right now. I dunno why they're chickening out
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I honestly didn’t know anything about Trump prior to him becoming President. I thought he could be a good President, even saying it made me nervous but it could be the change we need.... then, after reading more about him, I changed my stance and said I wanted Hillary to win, only to have people tell me I was only wanting that because she had a vagina and I did too. Then I went against Hillary because of the whole Benghazi incident, which immediately meant I must be a Trump supporter then.

I haven’t been a Dem my entire life, I’ll admit that, but I started to lean way more left after Trump became President, and it’s what I identify as now.
    You don’t have to defend your self.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Why does it feel like the news channels are still pretending this is a close race?

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    The report was that the top Republicans advisors are asking him to concede, his kids and Rudy are feeding Trump's delusional view of the election.
    That reminds me of something. Now what was it. Oh yeah, conmen and grifters taking advantage of dementia patients while milking their bank accounts.

I haven’t been a Dem my entire life, I’ll admit that, but I started to lean way more left after Trump became President, and it’s what I identify as now.
    Bad luck at ending up in the firing sights I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Why does it feel like the news channels are still pretending this is a close race?
    Because news channels are there to make money... don’t mean to be condescending...

5+ Year Old Account
    Can they call this shit?? I'm over it at this point
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Ah, well that's a horse of a different color
    Indeed. I can at least understand why otherwise-decent people would have voted for Trump in 2016. He was a relative political unknown. He was telling them exactly what they wanted to hear. Hillary seemed real gosh darn scary. He was just another guy with an R next to his name for them to vote for.

I think all of those judgements are erroneously founded, but ones I could believe were made out of simple ignorance rather than actual malice.

But after four years of Trump just kicking the US down a flight of stairs... yeah, no.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I have a feeling that any Trump supporter claiming they regret supporting him (if they voted for him the 2nd time) is akin to a criminal regretting getting caught, but not doing the actual crime.

Months from now? I could buy that. It takes time to shake off that cultist brainwashing and understand how bad the past four years was. It certainly can't happen overnight.
    My personal bar for forgiving trump supporters is going to be VERY VERY high. Like, basically on their hands and knees denouncing him and admitting how stupid they were. Anything less is meaningless.

Also, New York is celebrating right now. They aren't waiting for the late call.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I think that they're waiting to create more revenue, and also because of 2000/2016 PTSD
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

I promise I’ll vote next election. I’ll even post a pic of my voting sticker or my mail-in ballot. I want to make a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, Theramore <3
    That is good, because you matter, your voice matters, and we are blessed to live in a country where we actually have a voice, and thankfully with trump losing, we will continue to have a voice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    They could (and should) call this race right now. I dunno why they're chickening out
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Man just how long do some states need to finish counting.

I thought this election would be a banger. Short and brutal. But now it's already taking so long, and it's so close that even at 99.9x% they're not calling it.

Feels like watching a walker zombie marathon.

If I may sum up our thoughts...

“Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think that they're waiting to create more revenue, and also because of 2000/2016 PTSD
    The counters are getting death threats, they really need the heat taken off of them as soon as possible
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Hillary was strongly projected to win, but if I recall correctly it became evident that she was not going to fairly swiftly.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The counters are getting death threats, they really need the heat taken off of them as soon as possible
    Not so sure a call for Biden would have the effect you're wanting there =P

Another big dump from AZ incoming. Trump ain't getting the margins. AP made the right call.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Hillary was strongly projected to win, but if I recall correctly it became evident that she was not going to fairly swiftly.
    I'll never forget that night. It was very clear she had lost before midnight, I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Another big dump from AZ incoming. Trump ain't getting the margins. AP made the right call.
    Do we have estimates for NV/AZ to be done-done? I know GA and Pennsylvania are going to drag this thing out. If AZ and NV get definitively called, we can call a Biden presidency a 99% done deal.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Nobody wants to risk the ire of violent Trump supporters for being "First" probably.

That and I imagine election drama is better for eyeballs than covid fatigue, so they'll milk this as much as they can.