Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    I mean, does it mean there's no phasing in the previous expansions zones? I can't see a reason why there wouldn't be. And there's no way there are more people leveling alts in Jade Forest than there will be people leveling their mains on release day.

And then there's Nya'lotha. There's no reason to suspect that there are more people raiding now than there were when the raid opened.

Something really broke when the prepatch hit. What's worse, the lags are STILL there in the raid.
    im confused as to what you are talking about

current lag especially in pandaria can be due to world bosses and open world combat from max level players due to all of the procs

as for nyalotha its much the same where you can have more players (its farm and prepatch so a lot of people are returning) with more procs now than before

as for phasing and sharding in the previous expansions the thing is theres less phasing due to a lower pop

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    I will just play and don't worry about my speed etc.
    Most importantly: I will NOT make the mistake again to miss opportunities of making a lot of gold just to ding max level a few hours earlier.
    Like in BFA when I ran across a part of Nazmir where herbs were respawning almost instantly with a lot of anchorweed.
    That being said there is a certain spot in shadowlands where you have to kill skinnable mobs and which will be crowded af, hyperspawning the
    sht out of it. Probably I will spend a day there just skinning... ^^
    be ready to make all the gold through legendary item crafting

im going to focus on herbs for the decks

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    im confused as to what you are talking about

current lag especially in pandaria can be due to world bosses and open world combat from max level players due to all of the procs

as for nyalotha its much the same where you can have more players (its farm and prepatch so a lot of people are returning) with more procs now than before

as for phasing and sharding in the previous expansions the thing is theres less phasing due to a lower pop
    What procs? Corruption has been disabled which was one of the biggest strains on the servers in the game's history.

Please elaborate on this post because, honestly, it makes zero sense. Are you implying there never were any procs before? Or that x times more were added in prepatch (despite corruption being disabled)? Do we even play the same game? They would have to add like 20 new specs bloated with procs to make up for the corruption lmao

First week lol you mean day 1

What procs? Corruption has been disabled which was one of the biggest strains on the servers in the game's history.

Please elaborate on this post because, honestly, it makes zero sense. Are you implying there never were any procs before? Or that x times more were added in prepatch (despite corruption being disabled)? Do we even play the same game? They would have to add like 20 new specs bloated with procs to make up for the corruption lmao
    they removed corruption but added talents and passives that are copies of the azerite traits that are still active

my paladin had 0 proc based corruption but it does now have a couple extra procs

we also probably have more ppl in MoP zones overall because of the leveling change so while we might not have gone from 50 to 100 players in the max level zone we did go from like 20 to 50 leveling players

It's completely moronic to think corruptions had anything to do with server lag, small areas with large amounts of people have literally always lagged, corruptions haven't changed anything in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    First week lol you mean day 1
    essentially

the only stuff you will be doing during the rest of the week is callings and dungeons along with WQ which is fine because i need to level my alt

weekly reset hits and you have
    torghast
    mythic 0
    renown weekly/campaign quest
    maw chores

when the raid gets released you have more but not much so its more time for you to level alts and get those soulbinds ready for extra materials

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    It's completely moronic to think corruptions had anything to do with server lag, small areas with large amounts of people have literally always lagged, corruptions haven't changed anything in that regard.
    to be fair corruptions did
    every proc based corruption you had meant more calculations

Nothing that much different from the other weeks. My spare time is limited, so if 50-60 takes about 12 hours it will take a couple of weeks minimum, for me.

But I’m not in a hurry, goal is being ready for M+ by the end of the year or so.

to be fair corruptions did
    every proc based corruption you had meant more calculations
    More calculations != more lag, because calculations are the cheapest thing on the face of this planet to perform. Trying to process the normal updates for a player character is significantly more difficult than procs, because procs are just a random generator, whereas processing the position and action updates of 50-100 people(
    Especially because those need to be echoed across to all the other players, which means the addition of even a single extra player to an extra means an order of magnitude more load on the servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbersome View Post
    Rage.
    Man I hate pvp.

First week of SL is going to be fighting the login boss

they removed corruption but added talents and passives that are copies of the azerite traits that are still active

my paladin had 0 proc based corruption but it does now have a couple extra procs

we also probably have more ppl in MoP zones overall because of the leveling change so while we might not have gone from 50 to 100 players in the max level zone we did go from like 20 to 50 leveling players
    There's no reason to believe there's a significant discrepancy between the amount of procs before and after pre-patch. Azerite procs were there from the very begining, as were specs with procs. Even if some classes received one or two additional procs, it still doesn't make up for multitude of corruption procs many people had.

And of course there are more people leveling now. That's not the point. The point is that the servers can't handle the amount of players in the Jade forest which is incompareable to the amount of players who will be there in the Maw / Bastion on release day. And low level characters have almost none of the procs the 50 lev character has.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    You are wrong. Not only there were a lot of procs going on, the %stat increases were being calculated on live all the time, which was amplified even more from people having both %stat increase and %stat proc. This has been talked a lot throughout patch 8.3.

I've played for entirety of 8.3 and it was never as bad as it is now, even when they added corruption vendor making people bloated with corruption. And I've never had any lags within Nya'lotha itself, having raided every reset.

There's no reason to believe there's a significant discrepancy between the amount of procs before and after pre-patch. Azerite procs were there from the very begining, as were specs with procs. Even if some classes received one or two additional procs, it still doesn't make up for multitude of corruption procs many people had.

And of course there are more people leveling now. That's not the point. The point is that the servers can't handle the amount of players in the Jade forest which is incompareable to the amount of players who will be there in the Maw / Bastion on release day. And low level characters have almost none of the procs the 50 lev character has.

You are wrong. Not only there were a lot of procs going on, the %stat increases were being calculated on live all the time, which was amplified even more from people having both %stat increase and %stat proc. This has been talked a lot throughout patch 8.3.

I've played for entirety of 8.3 and it was never as bad as it is now, even when they added corruption vendor making people bloated with corruption. And I've never had any lags within Nya'lotha itself, having raided every reset.
    Luck you I guess??

I mean stuff probably did get screwed up like always but to say “it wasn’t this bad for me before so it’s obviously worse now” is dumb

I can’t wait to go through the campaign quests and not be able to afk because the mobs respawn so quickly

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Luck you I guess??

I mean stuff probably did get screwed up like always but to say “it wasn’t this bad for me before so it’s obviously worse now” is dumb

I can’t wait to go through the campaign quests and not be able to afk because the mobs respawn so quickly
    Stable 20 man group every week, noone had problems with lags for months.
    Stable 20 man group every week, with over half of the raid having terrible lags, which started right when the prepatch released.

You call it luck, I call it consistency.
    All you need to do is check Battlenet forums, especially the technical issues board. People are reporting these issues there every week since the prepatch.

Stable 20 man group every week, noone had problems with lags for months.
    Stable 20 man group every week, with over half of the raid having terrible lags, which started right when the prepatch released.

You call it luck, I call it consistency.
    All you need to do is check Battlenet forums, especially the technical issues board. People are reporting these issues there every week since the prepatch.
    Your group experienced no lag

My group had 3 dcs a night on
    Hive
    Raden
    Illgy

Haven’t had those issues for a bit now

Again not saying prepatch didnt screw stuff up But it’s all different and probably going to be fixed (I’m hoping WoD release isn’t repeated)

I think it won’t be too amazing because everything is around American holidays sooooo the employees are gonna be stuck working because the game can’t break then wait

I think it won’t be too amazing because everything is around American holidays sooooo the employees are gonna be stuck working because the game can’t break then wait
    They probably won't be stuck at work but rather some key employees will be on call and have to remain available to deal with any emergency (and possibly escalate it to management etc. if the emergency turns out to be serious). They can probably use automated monitoring to detect most unexpected situations and automatically message whoever relevant person is on call.

They probably do that all year long anyway, new release or not.

Again not saying prepatch didnt screw stuff up But it’s all different and probably going to be fixed (I’m hoping WoD release isn’t repeated)
    Well that's the thing though. I'm not mad about the fact that lag happened when the prepatch hit. Shit happens. I'm just worried about the fact that it's been a few weeks now and nothing changed at all in that regard. It's the same story every week.

Well that's the thing though. I'm not mad about the fact that lag happened when the prepatch hit. Shit happens. I'm just worried about the fact that it's been a few weeks now and nothing changed at all in that regard. It's the same story every week.
    im wondering if blzzard is just letting bugs go until they become a huge problem now because there are still some in since 8.0

i havent been on during hour one normally it hit halfway through my shift at work

i also never said its going to be a disaster soooooo
    The guy you were responding to was complaining about the lag on launch days, and you responded with "shadowlands isnt out so you wont be hitting those issues....damn it this is the first launch i wont be working so i have to deal with it lol" So yeah, you were pretty much agreeing with the guy even after admitting you've never done launch day.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The guy you were responding to was complaining about the lag on launch days, and you responded with "shadowlands isnt out so you wont be hitting those issues....damn it this is the first launch i wont be working so i have to deal with it lol" So yeah, you were pretty much agreeing with the guy even after admitting you've never done launch day.
    1. shadowlands isnt out so you arent hitting any issues at all yet

2. your right ive never done the first 4 hours of launch day

3. this is going to be the first launch with a single starter zone since MoP and since they introduced sharding and layering so while it will still be a pain in the ass it wont be as bad as the past where you couldn't interact with items and you couldn't phase into the right quest in my opinion