Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Because why should they? I would also rather wait 10 more minutes than boost someones 15th alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellal View Post
    Title^^

I have 15 alts with benthic and black empire gear mixed, ranging between 64-70 ilevel
    Ive done dozens of runs, this ilevel is completly fine for Guldan and Argus runs
    Yet a lot of people rather wait in q for 10 more minutes than invite alts like this...
    Everybody profits here, i just dont see why they have to be jerks
    For Guldan i just take anyone.
    Same for Argus BUT i want like 5 good geared ppl (like 110+) in raid so we avoid wiping on aggra if so.
    Thats mean , if we are 17in raid already and there just 2 of us good geared i invite only those better one for last 3 slot .

- - - Updated - - -

Tho other topic.
    I have problem with ppl whos lazy to unlock Argus and refuse to run but waiting for summon.
    Its interesting how 9 out of 10 ppl in guldan run are able to fly to Nighthold without asking summon but for Argus there barelly some1 going thére by own.
    And unlocking Argus on alt takes 3minutes.. . ...
    Yes im jerk but i rly explode inside when i see how some1 have 20+ argus kills on that char., yet lazy to unlock it.

Make your own group? It's not like it's current raid/m+, where you have to make at least a semi-decent group to succeed, for legacy raids you can basically invite anyone as you yourself said, so...nothing stopping you. You don't even need skips on your own characters, as long as anyone in the raid has them they still work.

And if that's too much work for you, then either give up on mounts, wait for SL, or do your runs closer to the end of the week, where majority of ppl already finished them, and it's harder to fill up groups, ppl are much more likely to accept your shitty alts when they have no one else to take your place.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeros View Post
    Tho other topic.
    I have problem with ppl whos lazy to unlock Argus and refuse to run but waiting for summon.
    Its interesting how 9 out of 10 ppl in guldan run are able to fly to Nighthold without asking summon but for Argus there barelly some1 going thére by own.
    And unlocking Argus on alt takes 3minutes.. . ...
    Yes im jerk but i rly explode inside when i see how some1 have 20+ argus kills on that char., yet lazy to unlock it.
    THIS SO MUCH. The amount of time that you lose every single run because of those lazy fucks spamming 123 every 15 seconds, instead of moving their lazy asses is absolutely fucking insane. I'm slightly over 500 attempts currently, and I could count on one hand the number of times where i wasn't the one who had to do all the summons, since NO ONE EVER FUCKING DOES it, everyone is waiting to be summoned, and even the people who do go to the fucking raid usually just run in instead of helping with summons. Nothing else in this game can get me as annoyed as this, just glad SL is around the corner and we will be able to solo it finally and won't have to rely on those morons T_T
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    THIS SO MUCH. The amount of time that you lose every single run because of those lazy fucks spamming 123 every 15 seconds, instead of moving their lazy asses is absolutely fucking insane. I'm slightly over 500 attempts currently, and I could count on one hand the number of times where i wasn't the one who had to do all the summons, since NO ONE EVER FUCKING DOES it, everyone is waiting to be summoned, and even the people who do go to the fucking raid usually just run in instead of helping with summons. Nothing else in this game can get me as annoyed as this, just glad SL is around the corner and we will be able to solo it finally and won't have to rely on those morons T_T
    yup ,also that . I random pick some guy whos spamming 123, if see he have more than 5argus kills and after summon he does not summon single person, i ask him why hes 1-lazy to unlock Argus and didnt helped summon single person after he beg for summon. If he turn into rude ass i just wait for Garothi kill kick him to lock him and tell him to unlock argus, help summons after he wanted one next time

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I make my own groups for everything. You should try it too. It saves a lot of mental energy, and you can delegate things the way it feels appropriate, and it's good for you and your team.
    Lead raid group. Save Mental energy.

Pick one.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    According to blueposts, it has a 1:100 or 1% chance. Rarity uses the same data. ^.^
    After 700 kills with full groups (let's assume 15 people) I have seen 4 mounts.

That's 4/10500 -> 1/2625.

Seeing one 1% mount after 2625 kills has a chance of happening of 0,000000000271%.

And that needs to happen 4 times..

It's definitely not 1% on personal loot. It could be 1% for the whole group though.

It shows a lack of competence.

Gear is the first benchmark for determining if the player your inviting is able to play the game with any kind of competency. Right now with how long the patch has gone on for and how utterly free gear is 120 is roughly the mark of a player who will be good enough to not be a burden. The number inflates so rapidly that its one of the main reasons raider io took off.

Make your own group.
    Problem solved.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Four words:

Path of least resistance.

Probability of finding a better player that actually pull his weight is higher with higher ilvl.

I run Antorus 12 times a week with most of these characters having legion gear still. Never really had a problem getting invited.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Lead raid group. Save Mental energy.

Pick one.
    I choose both. Thank you very much.

We are talking here about the bully and possible tyrant who looks down on people because they don't have enough equipment score for a legacy content. Raid leading is also a super easy task if you are confident at your skill as a leader and understand encounter and class mechanics.

Headaches might only come if you play with a group of incompetent people.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    It's definitely not 1% on personal loot. It could be 1% for the whole group though.
    Chance and probability are not the same.

My question to the OP. Is how is your ilvl that low when you can hit ilvl 100 within about an hour of reaching lvl 50 on a toon. I find it hard to believe that your ilvl is that low. Unless you are lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing one 1% mount after 2625 kills has a chance of happening of 0,000000000271%.

I can see where you are comimg from but you are are thinking about it wrong. The 1% chance is not additive as you have describe. It does not matter how mant times you have run it. It is 1% chance no matter what. Think of it this way. The 1% chance resets every time you do the run again.

Your math is extremely flawed as it assumes your chance is additive between each run. It is not 1%/700 runs it is 1%/1run ×700.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Chance and probability are not the same.
    Huh? In most mathematical terms they are just different words to refer to the same ratio. You have 1 in 6 chance to roll a 6 on a dice or in other words the probability of hitting a 6 is 1/6.

Unless this is some im14andthisisdeep shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    My question to the OP. Is how is your ilvl that low when you can hit ilvl 100 within about an hour of reaching lvl 50 on a toon. I find it hard to believe that your ilvl is that low. Unless you are lazy.
    please tell me how you get 100ilvl within hour, i like to hear it

Somebody failed their math class.

It's always 1%.
    If you go in the second week you don't have a 2% chance cuz it didnt drop the first week.
    It won't drop from 100 runs.

This is not how probability works.

Huh? Never had an issue getting into legacy runs on my crap geared alts. I've joined runs on my shaman and warlock literally every week and they have only a couple of BE pieces and the rest is AH greens ilvl 55ish. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    You have 1 in 6 chance to roll a 6 on a dice or in other words the probability of hitting a 6 is 1/6.
    But isn't it entirely possible that you can roll it 5 million times and never hit a 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except you are wrong. Group size does affect the mount drop chance. For instance when it was at 100%, each player added 5% chance it to would drop. So if you ran with a group of 18 it only had a 90% chance to drop instead of 100%. Now that it is at 1% the same still applies just at a lower number. So it would be 0.9% instead of 1%.

Also, you are assuming they are going with less than full. They are likely still going with 20, they just aren't taking undergeared people.
    But that just means the odds of someone getting it scales up and down with additional people at the same rate. If it was 100% for 20 people, then each person has a 100%/20 = 5% chance of getting it. If you only take 18 people, it's a 90%/18 = 5% chance of a given person winning it.
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    But isn't it entirely possible that you can roll it 5 million times and never hit a 6?
    google says after 153 rolls you are guaranteed a 6! guess their calculator only does 12 significant digits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yxiomel View Post
    But that just means the odds of someone getting it scales up and down with additional people at the same rate. If it was 100% for 20 people, then each person has a 100%/20 = 5% chance of getting it. If you only take 18 people, it's a 90%/18 = 5% chance of a given person winning it.
    it's not 100% for 20 people, it's 100% for 20 player slots in the raid. so if you go with 18 people, there is a chance one of the untaken spots can get the mount.

it's why people farm jaina mounts with 20 people even though its perfectly doable with 10 orso.

it's honestly how i roll nowadays, either get it in current expansion or wait for it to become group loot. the odds in the interim period are just too low to bother.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-11-07 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    google says after 153 rolls you are guaranteed a 6!
    How exactly can they guarantee that? Can YOU guarantee that?