10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Eesh. Illinois is bucking the trend by posting a new COVID-19 record today. Over 12k. Please stay safe if any of you are participating in any celebrations there this weekend.
    I saw an article that starting yesterday Illinois changed their reporting to align to CDC recommendations to record both tested positive and presumptive positive so I'm not 100% sure how much this surge is actually a surge vs changes to reporting. We'll have to see over the next couple of days.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I saw an article that starting yesterday Illinois changed their reporting to align to CDC recommendations to record both tested positive and presumptive positive so I'm not 100% sure how much this surge is actually a surge vs changes to reporting. We'll have to see over the next couple of days.
    That new testing method started yesterday but even before that we had trends pushing 7,000-8,000. Assuming that a third of the cases are probable cases even 9,000 confirmed cases is insane compared to just a couple weeks ago./
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Breccia, thanks for this awesome thread, you are my hero!

I see you changed your avatar again. SPIEGEL did another brilliant front cover just like they did 4 years ago. I'm sure you'll like it, take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    The numbers Benggaul uses from Worldometers already included the presumptive cases, so there's no change there. There had only been about 7500 presumptive cases since they started counting cases anyway so the change doesn't really affect the daily numbers much. If you go to the Illinois health website, it shows about 18000 cases yesterday since they added all the old presumptive cases to that day's total, but there were about 10,376 actual new ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shpriest View Post
    SPIEGEL did another brilliant front cover just like they did 4 years ago.
    I changed it back, because of that picture

I would like to point out that the adult bookstore next to Giuliani's "Four Seasons" presser had better COVID-19 safety protocols in place than the entire Trump administration.

https://twitter.com/dhm/status/1325125765789229057?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    rofl. You are one of my favorite posters on this site. The incredible fortitude you must have to live where you do. I'm glad your neighbors far to the south of you didn't vote in fucking laura loomer, even if your close neighbors voted in nutjob Geatz. shame they edited your sig. But the sully quote, I'm sure he's somewhere around here on another account, but in some corner of his bedroom in a fetal position crying so hard right now.
    I actually went back to this one since it aged super well. And I know he’s seething somewhere.

I would like to point out that the adult bookstore next to Giuliani's "Four Seasons" presser had better COVID-19 safety protocols in place than the entire Trump administration.

https://twitter.com/dhm/status/1325125765789229057?s=20
    So I was telling my brother about the Four Seasons story earlier and he refused to believe me. I looked it up to prove it to him, and was not aware of the fact that it was even next to an adult book store.

This keeps getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Trump tweet.

Twitter should get some balls and just take down these tweets. I know they loved the traffic past 4 years and I guess milk it til the 20th.

So they say Trump will have to adhere to the rules after his Presidency.
    I find it pretty alarming, that even though Biden won, Trump increased his cultist following from 63 million into 71 million, rather than the cult having lost some following. I very much doubt Bidens likely to be one term will be enough to divert the descent to full authoritarianism.

Actually...it's even worse than just an increase, because unlike some shadow of doubt in Trumps first election of there having been dumb people falling for grifting, that reason is long gone after 4 years of Trump. All 71 million are full cultists.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2020-11-08 at 12:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    I find it pretty alarming, that even though Biden won, Trump increased his cultist following from 63 million into 71 million, rather than the cult having lost some following. I very much doubt Bidens likely to be one term will be enough to divert the descent to full authoritarianism.
    It's best to think of Biden as a 4 year time out, a lot can change during that time hopefully for the better.

Actually...it's even worse than just an increase, because unlike some shadow of doubt in Trumps first election of there having been dumb people falling for grifting, that reason is long gone after 4 years of Trump. All 71 million are full cultists.
    I'm not sure it's proof of his support growing so much as it is more of his following actually voting this time around. Given the polls I'm sure there was a lot more pressure on them to push their guy across the finish line than there was back in 2016. Of course this is all speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It's best to think of Biden as a 4 year time out, a lot can change during that time hopefully for the better.
    It's 4 year time out for sure, but to what end? What's your plan of deprogramming 71 million cult members within that time period? Or are you perhaps hoping they will magically deradicalize themselves? After the 4 year time out, they might very well elect someone who isn't stupid and incompetent in becoming god führer for them. "lucky" for everyone, Trump was incompetent and stupid, and "only" caused hundreds of thousands of deaths. Next time may not be so pretty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure it's proof of his support growing so much as it is more of his following actually voting this time around. Given the polls I'm sure there was a lot more pressure on them to push their guy across the finish line than there was back in 2016. Of course this is all speculation.
    Either scenario is pretty bad to be honest. I was hoping 2016 was a fluke and this country had learned but boy was I wrong. After 4 years of this crap there are still 71 MILLION people who would support him is very disheartening.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Either scenario is pretty bad to be honest. I was hoping 2016 was a fluke and this country had learned but boy was I wrong. After 4 years of this crap there are still 71 MILLION people who would support him is very disheartening.
    Oh I don't argue that it's not still bad. I just don't think his base has grown between then and now.

It's 4 year time out for sure, but to what end? What's your plan of deprogramming 71 million cult members within that time period? Or are you perhaps hoping they will magically deradicalize themselves? After the 4 year time out, they might very well elect someone who isn't stupid and incompetent in becoming god führer for them. "lucky" for everyone, Trump was incompetent and stupid, and "only" caused hundreds of thousands of deaths. Next time may not be so pretty.
    A lot will depend on what Biden does and what the GOP decide to become because let's be frank all those cult members are dumb sheeples who will follow whoever the GOP props up.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    A lot will depend on what Biden does and what the GOP decide to become because let's be frank all those cult members are dumb sheeples who will follow whoever the GOP props up.
    Well, those "dumb sheeples" seem "smart" enough to realize that Democrats will absolutely never grant them some of the agendas they are after. Republicans in time just might. I hope you're right in that they are mostly harmless sheeples as you seem to view them, but personally I think they are far more dangerous than that. No Empire is forever, and those sheeples are the eventual downfall of US.

It's getting pretty fucking absurd.

124,232 new cases; around 37k more than last Saturday. The single largest week-to-week jump thus far.

Illinois: 12,438 new cases (new record); 91 deaths
    Wisconsin: 7,065 new cases (new record); 45 deaths
    Michigan: 6,494 new cases (new record); 65 deaths
    Ohio: 5,549 new cases (new record); 12 deaths
    Texas: 5,273 new cases; 93 deaths
    Tennessee: 5,071 new cases (new record); 49 deaths
    Indiana: 4,899 new cases (new record); 43 deaths
    California: 4,869 new cases; 24 deaths
    Oklahoma: 4,741 new cases (new record*); 9 deaths
    Minnesota: 4,647 new cases; 34 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Iowa: 4,363 new cases; 11 deaths
    Colorado: 3,498 new cases (new record); 13 deaths
    New York: 3,415 new cases; 16 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 3,236 new cases; 37 deaths
    Utah: 2,956 new cases; 9 deaths
    New Jersey: 2,920 new cases; 12 deaths
    North Carolina: 2,676 new cases; 23 deaths
    Arizona: 2,620 new cases; 38 deaths
    Massachusetts: 2,302 new cases; 23 deaths
    Georgia: 2,195 new cases; 39 deaths
    Kentucky: 2,156 new cases; 17 deaths
    Virginia: 2,103 new cases (new record); 22 deaths
    South Carolina: 1,870 new cases; 10 deaths
    Nevada: 1,824 new cases (new record); 5 deaths
    Alabama: 1,768 new cases; 33 deaths
    North Dakota: 1,602 new cases; 15 deaths
    Arkansas: 1,598 new cases; 12 deaths
    Maryland: 1,410 new cases; 7 deaths
    Idaho: 1,403 new cases (new record); 4 deaths
    South Dakota: 1,337 new cases; 13 deaths
    New Mexico: 1,277 new cases; 16 deaths
    Missouri: 1,207 new cases; 5 deaths
    Washington: 1,060 new cases; no deaths reported
    Mississippi: 1,031 new cases; 14 deaths
    Montana: 1,001 new cases; 26 deaths

Nebraska once again did not report on time so their totals are not figured in my update today. Oregon fell just under my threshold with a new record at 979. Oklahoma looks scary--and it is--but it's not so scary as today's numbers appear:

NOTE; Oklahoma: "In addition to significant community spread, included in today’s numbers is a backlog resulting from the continued transition from a manual to electronic reporting system at several labs across the state. Today’s number likely also contains some duplicated cases, which will be corrected in tomorrow’s numbers. We have reason to believe that our normal case count would have continued on an upward trajectory without the backlog and duplication."
    That's a LOT of records for a Saturday when new case reports are typically lower. See: Texas. There's no way the actual number is that low given they were pushing 9-10k the whole week. Still, a LOT of states have posted huge numbers for today which is evident by the 37k rise over last Saturday's total. The fact that the delta is getting higher each week is frankly very frightening. If we're not near the peak--and there's still no reason to believe we are--there's definitely the potential to see 150-160k next week. The medical community has come up with better ways of dealing with it since Spring, but at this rate it's not going to be treatment that will be the deciding factor but hospital capacity--space TO treat them. If only a small percentage of cases is bad enough to go to hospital that's still a shitload of people being hospitalized every day and some states were already struggling.

1,031 deaths is a little over a hundred more than last Saturday and is the first Saturday since mid-August to pass 1k. The total is now 243,257. The weekly average is crawling up to 7k deaths. The next two days will be lower as usual, but then beginning Tuesday we'll likely be seeing numbers higher than this week.

Related news:

Biden to announce COVID-19 task force Monday--Not even officially in office yet but already working.

White House officials were aware of chief of staff Mark Meadows' COVID-19 diagnosis earlier this week, despite him being seen without a mask--Meanwhile, in Fucking Loser Land...

While the US is focused on the election, the Covid-19 pandemic keeps growing--I know everyone had other concerns this week, but this can't be overstated enough: we're in trouble.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Bookmark this page.

Trump landslide.

Easy win.
    Truly prescient.

- - - Updated - - -

It's getting pretty fucking absurd.

124,232 new cases; around 37k more than last Saturday. The single largest week-to-week jump thus far.

Illinois: 12,438 new cases (new record); 91 deaths
    Wisconsin: 7,065 new cases (new record); 45 deaths
    Michigan: 6,494 new cases (new record); 65 deaths
    Ohio: 5,549 new cases (new record); 12 deaths
    Texas: 5,273 new cases; 93 deaths
    Tennessee: 5,071 new cases (new record); 49 deaths
    Indiana: 4,899 new cases (new record); 43 deaths
    California: 4,869 new cases; 24 deaths
    Oklahoma: 4,741 new cases (new record*); 9 deaths
    Minnesota: 4,647 new cases; 34 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Iowa: 4,363 new cases; 11 deaths
    Colorado: 3,498 new cases (new record); 13 deaths
    New York: 3,415 new cases; 16 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 3,236 new cases; 37 deaths
    Utah: 2,956 new cases; 9 deaths
    New Jersey: 2,920 new cases; 12 deaths
    North Carolina: 2,676 new cases; 23 deaths
    Arizona: 2,620 new cases; 38 deaths
    Massachusetts: 2,302 new cases; 23 deaths
    Georgia: 2,195 new cases; 39 deaths
    Kentucky: 2,156 new cases; 17 deaths
    Virginia: 2,103 new cases (new record); 22 deaths
    South Carolina: 1,870 new cases; 10 deaths
    Nevada: 1,824 new cases (new record); 5 deaths
    Alabama: 1,768 new cases; 33 deaths
    North Dakota: 1,602 new cases; 15 deaths
    Arkansas: 1,598 new cases; 12 deaths
    Maryland: 1,410 new cases; 7 deaths
    Idaho: 1,403 new cases (new record); 4 deaths
    South Dakota: 1,337 new cases; 13 deaths
    New Mexico: 1,277 new cases; 16 deaths
    Missouri: 1,207 new cases; 5 deaths
    Washington: 1,060 new cases; no deaths reported
    Mississippi: 1,031 new cases; 14 deaths
    Montana: 1,001 new cases; 26 deaths

Nebraska once again did not report on time so their totals are not figured in my update today. Oregon fell just under my threshold with a new record at 979. Oklahoma looks scary--and it is--but it's not so scary as today's numbers appear:

That's a LOT of records for a Saturday when new case reports are typically lower. See: Texas. There's no way the actual number is that low given they were pushing 9-10k the whole week. Still, a LOT of states have posted huge numbers for today which is evident by the 37k rise over last Saturday's total. The fact that the delta is getting higher each week is frankly very frightening. If we're not near the peak--and there's still no reason to believe we are--there's definitely the potential to see 150-160k next week. The medical community has come up with better ways of dealing with it since Spring, but at this rate it's not going to be treatment that will be the deciding factor but hospital capacity--space TO treat them. If only a small percentage of cases is bad enough to go to hospital that's still a shitload of people being hospitalized every day and some states were already struggling.

1,031 deaths is a little over a hundred more than last Saturday and is the first Saturday since mid-August to pass 1k. The total is now 243,257. The weekly average is crawling up to 7k deaths. The next two days will be lower as usual, but then beginning Tuesday we'll likely be seeing numbers higher than this week.

Related news:

Biden to announce COVID-19 task force Monday--Not even officially in office yet but already working.

White House officials were aware of chief of staff Mark Meadows' COVID-19 diagnosis earlier this week, despite him being seen without a mask--Meanwhile, in Fucking Loser Land...

While the US is focused on the election, the Covid-19 pandemic keeps growing--I know everyone had other concerns this week, but this can't be overstated enough: we're in trouble.

Stay safe, folks.
    Meanwhile in the Land of Make Believe, Trump's Swaprats are busy trying to make "Biden ended COVID"sarcasm a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    1,031 deaths
    Remember last week where we said "Oh good, it's still under 1,000 deaths"?

Remember today, when we said "Oh good, it's back down to 1,000 deaths"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, those "dumb sheeples" seem "smart" enough to realize that Democrats will absolutely never grant them some of the agendas they are after. Republicans in time just might. I hope you're right in that they are mostly harmless sheeples as you seem to view them, but personally I think they are far more dangerous than that. No Empire is forever, and those sheeples are the eventual downfall of US.
    Those "sheeples" are made up primarily of white, elderly, rural and/or uneducated people. All demographics that are shrinking, relative to the population. And while people will continue to get older, they wont be riding the hard-line ultra-conservative, ultra-religious viewpoints of today's republican party.

The United States wont be ended by a bunch of racist old hicks. It didn't happen in 1860s, it's not going to happen in the future.

Also, I think it might be quite fitting when Biden takes office to close this thread and place a punctuation mark on this sad stain in American History. Perhaps a "Covid in America" thread could then handle those relevant breakdowns. Any subsequent Trump bullshit could be consigned to another, post-any-pretense-of-legitimacy-Trump thread.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.