Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Your logic is false. Blizzard has always supported multiboxing. What they do not support is using 3rd party automation to do it for you. Btw you can fully multibox withoutnising such programs with simple macros.
    Blizzard has never supported multi-boxing. They tolerated it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Hell, you could even stil use the key broadcast software, if you want... you'd just have to run all 5 clients in VMs. Warden is never running on your core OS install, so it cant take exception to the software, because that software isn't on the VMs.
    You're going to get people's accounts banned with awful 'advice" like this.

A VM isn't a magical unicorn box. It's an instance of an OS, running the game, including WARDEN. Warden will report to the Blizzard servers it detects InnerSpace, the code they're looking for (dual-boxing.com confirmed that with the lead dev of ISboxer), when that VM instance is used to log into the game. A VM does not connect their copies of WoW through your main OS - it's makes it's own connection directly, through the main OS.

You just need to stop posting about this, you're dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Those people who are running 10-20 accounts for multiboxing will just use hardware instead of software, it won't change much
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-policy/707978

"Perl is correct - nothing can be done through the forums, but it sounds like you already put in a ticket.

Just to be clear we have never SUPPORTED multi-boxing, but it was allowed - still is matter of fact, just not in the way you may have been doing it. You can still have as many licenses as you like online at a time, you just need to control them individually now."

Bold mine. I would take that as an implication that they will not make a distinction, if they see multiple accounts acting in unison, regardless if it's software or hardware, they will issue a warning/ban.

(It's also an expansive option, as discussed on dual-boxing.com. $400 for a 5 port solution. And there's no indication it won't be actioned.)

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    There will always be ways to multibox buddy, players have already found ways to do it without breaking the ToS.

I think you should try and move on and stop caring if Pete enjoys playing with his little 5man druid-squad.
    If it is giving them an unfair gameplay or monetary advantage though it is a glaring issue (which is does there is no arguing that fact) that must be dealt with across the board since players pay to play this game and we like not having auction house controlled by what mostly everyone considers cheaters. My solution is simple, only allow 2 clients maximum per unique mac-address be able to connect to their WoW servers at a time, this will keep people who multibox and don't use it to abuse the WoW systems happy enough and makes it far harder for people to multibox more than 2 without needing a few machines and a ton of annoying stuff most won't want to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I was helping some friends with questing/leveling in spires of arak, I ran into so many druid botters. Did my part in reporting them, but who knows how useful that is.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If it is giving them an unfair gameplay or monetary advantage though it is a glaring issue (which is does there is no arguing that fact) that must be dealt with across the board since players pay to play this game and we like not having auction house controlled by what mostly everyone considers cheaters. My solution is simple, only allow 2 clients maximum per unique mac-address be able to connect to their WoW servers at a time, this will keep people who multibox and don't use it to abuse the WoW systems happy enough and makes it far harder for people to multibox more than 2 without needing a few machines and a ton of annoying stuff most won't want to deal with.
    I guess I see things differently then, I dont believe its unfair that multiboxers can gather larger amounts of nodes since they have paid more money and they run more accounts, its a fun hobby to them as it is for you to play your one account.

But I have never felt personally affected by what multiboxers do, the times I have seen them I have just stopped and thought "-cool, he's rich!"

10+ Year Old Account
    There will always be ways to multibox buddy, players have already found ways to do it without breaking the ToS.

I think you should try and move on and stop caring if Pete enjoys playing with his little 5man druid-squad.
    when Pete has an unfair advantage, then its no longer playing a game. its cheating. when Pete needs to cheat to be competitive, then maybe he should stop playing and ruining everyone else's fun!

Quote Originally Posted by MoFalcon View Post
    when Pete has an unfair advantage, then its no longer playing a game. its cheating. when Pete needs to cheat to be competitive, then maybe he should stop playing and ruining everyone else's fun!
    But Pete is following the terms of service by playing the way he does, as long as he keeps to that it isnt unfair.

If you were to run into a multiboxer in W-PvP you could always create a raid-group and defeat him, or try to run away / turn off w-mode.

Well thankfully Blizzard is refunding preorders of Shadowlands, just refunded all 4 of mine on my 4 accounts. I only multi boxed to farm appearances but spent a fortune on everything, they just lost one of their biggest whale players. If I can no longer play the way I want and have to follow their strict pattern when i log in and out, i'm done
    Last edited by ketsui; 2020-11-07 at 11:16 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance, it seems to me that while they still can, botters and boxers are out in full force to get as much goldfarm done before they receive their first warning.

Took long enough. I still remember back in WOTLK when you'd really want to win Wintergrasp, but you'd just have 5box shamans rolling around insta-gibbing vehicles.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having multiple windows open or having 2 computers if you have to actually press the buttons yourself. One action, one keystroke. Not infinitely reproduced actions from one keystroke.

But Pete is following the terms of service by playing the way he does, as long as he keeps to that it isnt unfair.

If you were to run into a multiboxer in W-PvP you could always create a raid-group and defeat him, or try to run away / turn off w-mode.
    Or, you could now report him and not need to react any further at all. Seems like much less bother.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    Well thankfully Blizzard is refunding preorders of Shadowlands, just refunded all 4 of mine on my 4 accounts. I only multi boxed to farm appearances but spent a fortune on everything, they just lost one of their biggest whale players. If I can no longer play the way I want and have to follow their strict pattern when i log in and out, i'm done
    Sounds like they already profitted handsomely from you, are you sure it's not a bigger loss for you than for them?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account

Finding a way to cheat at a game, that isn't a cheat " officially " doesn't mean its not cheating. Things that start this way, sooner or later, get banned. Thats how you know it was cheating in the first place.

If Pete wants to play 5 accounts, let him play on 5 screens, 5 keyboards, 5 mice and work them all individually. not connected, not repeating or copying 1 single key stroke. Then I dont have a problem with it.

Any automated process in this scenario SHOULD be cheating. Hopefully one day, it will be.

Finding a way to cheat at a game, that isn't a cheat " officially " doesn't mean its not cheating.
    Actually that's exactly what it means, the game maker decides what is and isn't cheating.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    This is so ridiculous! They should let people have their fun! They should think of something else if they want to do something against cheaters.
    Leave the multi-boxers alone!
    Should Blizzard also "let people have their fun" those who use wallhacks? Should Blizzard also "let people have their fun" those who do DDOS attacks? Should Blizzard also "let people have their fun" those who bot?

If your answer to all those questions is "multi-boxers are not harming others", well, you'd be wrong. Just ask any herbalist why they are happy with these news. And let's not forget the horde of multi-boxer druids flying around one-shooting people in PvP with a single moonfire, cast at the same time by a dozen druids or so.

Or you can just report him and get him banned.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Actually that's exactly what it means, the game maker decides what is and isn't cheating.
    some players will always look for a way to get an advantage, an unfair advantage. by either creating a program or tool thats breaks the system. using it in a way not even thought of when the games is designed. Then that is cheating. Then that is abused and used until discovered by the designer and made illegal.

That is what has happened here.

someone will rework it, change it to still be able to cheat. until the same thing happens.

its cheating and nothing else. Anyone who does it is a sad, sad person. a real piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Or, you could now report him and not need to react any further at all. Seems like much less bother.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like they already profitted handsomely from you, are you sure it's not a bigger loss for you than for them?
    Finding a way to cheat at a game, that isn't a cheat " officially " doesn't mean its not cheating. Things that start this way, sooner or later, get banned. Thats how you know it was cheating in the first place.

If Pete wants to play 5 accounts, let him play on 5 screens, 5 keyboards, 5 mice and work them all individually. not connected, not repeating or copying 1 single key stroke. Then I dont have a problem with it.

Any automated process in this scenario SHOULD be cheating. Hopefully one day, it will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Or you can just report him and get him banned.
    Im sorry you guys misunderstood Blizzards message, multiboxing is not against the terms of service its certain software.

some players will always look for a way to get an advantage, an unfair advantage. by either creating a program or tool thats breaks the system. using it in a way not even thought of when the games is designed. Then that is cheating. Then that is abused and used until discovered by the designer and made illegal.

That is what has happened here.

someone will rework it, change it to still be able to cheat. until the same thing happens.

its cheating and nothing else. Anyone who does it is a sad, sad person. a real piece of shit.
    Game making says its fine it's fine

If tomorrow Blizz says all cosmetic addons are cheating then it's cheating and everyone has to use the stock UI, don't like it? Oh well, the maker said it's cheating so it is.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    What if you use driver software that came with your Logitech keyboard or mouse to duplicate key strokes across all running programs? Would those be against terms now?
    Yes, that would be a software broadcast and against ToS. Basically if a single keystroke is going to give input to more than one WoW client, you're broadcasting—if you make that duplication with software it's against ToS.

I don't believe you can do this with stock/default software for any razer/logitech stuff I know about (but I'm no expert on it) anyway.

I think you could try to slide in a 1 -> alt tab -> 1 -> alt tab -> 1 -> alt tab etc etc macro and argue that in the frame of any given WoW instance, a single action was executed for your single key press. HOWEVER, I'd say it's better to not try to find muddied and gray areas and instead wait for a clean and clear line so as to not make it seem like the multiboxing community is out to find loopholes. Whether it's a convenient setup or clever *fully supported and approved* game macros to make multiboxing possible, I think those types of solutions that people can look at and say "fair enough" are far better than ones that make it seem like you don't really care about the spirit of the law. (I think that the specific language of input broadcasting software, follow up that there has been no policy change regarding hardware, and that multiboxing is still allowed means the spirit of the law here is to ban multiboxing abuse which essentially multiplies your power as a human controller instead of splitting it among all your boxes)
    Last edited by Spazzix; 2020-11-08 at 08:32 AM.
    SorryNotSorry

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Should Blizzard also "let people have their fun" those who use wallhacks? Should Blizzard also "let people have their fun" those who do DDOS attacks? Should Blizzard also "let people have their fun" those who bot?

If your answer to all those questions is "multi-boxers are not harming others", well, you'd be wrong. Just ask any herbalist
    Dear boys and girls, multi boxing is not cheating! Using a simple software that sends the same keystroke to multiple running clients is not cheating! If this software is doing more than that (automating stuff) this is debatable and it could be prohibited.
    And I am a herbalist and have ZERO problems with multi boxers. A multi boxer was faster than you? Move on to the next spot! There are enough for all of us!

Sounds like Blizz should also adjust how material nodes (herb/mine/skin) are handled too. Maybe have a few seconds between each time the same node can be gathered, or maybe restrict how many times it can be farmed.