New PvP Vendors: some good points

Supporting Stoopzz great work for PvP community

Seen this last night as well... Absolutely horrendous..

Remember in Cataclysm you could farm BGs for maybe 2 or 3 days, obtain a full set of ilvl 359 gear (=Normal Raiding ilvl) and then you could focus on pushing arena rating for your ilvl 365 pieces (=Heroic Raiding ilvl)? Well that was possible without making PvP gearing optimal for PvErs because it had a PVP Stat that was useless in PvE. Except now classic blizzard trying to reinvent the wheel for something that wasn't broken.

PvE being the optimal way to gear for PvP is what made me quit in BFA, don't think I'll be sticking around in SL for very long if this goes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think they need to go back to the token currency for gear.

There are two ends of the spectrum of this, there are people who just want everything from the get go and those that want a grind. I fall in the middle, I understand wanting investment, but I do feel there needs to be a way to obtain gear, be it a ranking system or a badge/token system. Not too much and not too little. I don;t like the idea of getting all your PVP gear in a week. If that happens I'll lose interest.

Blizzard will probably see it as people will get the loot too quickly and want them to slow down in obtaining it by gating it. and I feel its the too extreme option. There needs to be a more middle ground.

If I'm on my job instead of playing 88 hours of Battle Grounds + 2 weeks of Renown (to have a satisfying gear) ... I get $ 5,700.00.
    Well ... it's a very expensive gear, isn't it ?!

I actually hope that Blizzard keeps this firmly in place. Force these fucking idiots to farm random BGs for 90 hours against people in PvE gear just to end up with an LFR set of gear. If this doesn't drill Blizzard's intentions and some sense of self-worth into their brains then nothing will.

To be fair they have not yet revealed their plans for conquest upgrading and I do still doubt Blizzard would rating gate all pvp gear above this trash "honor" gear, but they clearly are toying with the idea. If they go through with this it would not only keep the BfA design entirely intact, but it would aggressively transform the PvP reward systems into even more of a push into PvE than it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I actually hope that Blizzard keeps this firmly in place. Force these fucking idiots to farm random BGs for 90 hours against people in PvE gear just to end up with an LFR set of gear. If this doesn't drill Blizzard's intentions and some sense of self-worth into their brains then nothing will.

To be fair they have not yet revealed their plans for conquest upgrading and I do still doubt Blizzard would rating gate all pvp gear above this trash "honor" gear, but they clearly are toying with the idea. If they go through with this it would not only keep the BfA design entirely intact, but it would aggressively transform the PvP reward systems into even more of a push into PvE than it was before.
    conquest gear will be similar to honor gear,low illvl and require 2400+ for heroic ilvl

they will NEVER allow a non rng pinata system to compete on gearing

they are doing this as a ''fuck you'' to the players who wanted vendors back,yeah..here you go...you just have to farm for it for unrealisticaly long months and it will only be equal to m+3 lol,they LITERALY have disgust for the playerbase
    Last edited by deenman; 2020-11-08 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    conquest gear will be similar to honor gear,low illvl and require 2400+ for heroic ilvl

they will NEVER allow a non rng pinata system to compete on gearing

they are doing this as a ''fuck you'' to the players who wanted vendors back,yeah..here you go...you just have to farm for it for unrealisticaly long months and it will only be equal to m+3 lol,they LITERALY have disgust for the playerbase
    The honor gear is trash by all means. Currently the aspirant gear from BGs is slightly under LFR ilvls, just like the fully upgraded honor gear will be slightly above that in SL. Let it sink in that some poor souls out there will start with basically quest green gear only to slowly and arduously upgrade it to what current aspirant gear is.

Seeing Blizzard trying to squeeze a timesink out of what was already a completely trivial reward system, while at the same time receiving not only negative feedback but calls for improvement, is truly an pristine example of their design philosophy and respect they have for their customers. This is sly too because none of these changes make the patch notes, so they will be quick to say "we were just testing things out", which in itself changes nothing but placates idiots very effectively.

Now don't get me wrong, there WILL be some gear out there for people that only do BGs.

In BfA they generously listened to feedback (no you moron this was part of the design all along) and added the conquest gear, which is basically a 10 week timegate after which it starts spitting out heroic ilvl gear at the pace of 1 piece of gear per week. So to get fully geared this way it would take.. 10+13=23 weeks of weekly CP capping? so half a year into the season you can be decked out in full heroic gear through random BGs and absolutely nothing else. For reference and clarity imagine a 6 month grind to get a full set of 115 gear.

Why did I bring up the current CP welfare gear? because (bookmark me please) they will do exactly the same in SL. A few months into the expansion, or around 9.1, they will come out and say something along the lines of "we hear your feedback lovely customers and we have decided to make some changes to the PvP gearing system". What changes you ask? an ungodly timegate and then the option to upgrade CP gear to heroic raiding ilvls eventually and very slowly. You can bet your house that calculating everything together this will add up to around 23 weeks again.

One disclaimer: they might gate the CP gear upgrading process indirectly through CP gain, at least I would if I were to sell my soul and work for them. There is indication that they will do this because in order to buy CP gear from the vendor you need a CP gained achievement. In other words, the higher your rating the more CP you can get every week and likely have a higher CP gain cap every week. They would still need to prevent non-rated people from investing everything into a single item (like weapon) and fully upgrading it, because hell will freeze over before they let a a non-raider or non-gold-boost-buyer to walk around with such a thing.

What am I leaving out? rated gear. We know for a fact that at 2.4k you can upgrade CP gear to ilvls that are competitive with mythic raiding gear. This of course implies that it will still be timegated even for 2.4k rated people because god forbid a PvE hero is forced into arenas. So what is the problem?

It doesn't matter. By definition, rating-gated gear is only relevant to a small group of people. The rating-gated PvP reward systems are and will always be by definition irrelevant to the vast majority of people who PvP. It doesn't affect them in any way, not even in having to face people in the best rated PvP gear there is. The number of people that gear this way is so miniscule that this is not even worth discussing, other than to point out the obvious that Blizzard also doesn't care about this reward system. It doesn't give a shit if some of the best gear in the game is obtained through rated PvP means, because it doesn't affect the population and customer base in any significant way whatsoever.

Most rated gear is trash gear anyway. Unless you are at 2.4k and patiently farming your weekly chest every week for months, your gear is trash. You might feel like your heroic ilvl gear at 1.8k is decent enough, but you would also be delusional. Even at 2.1k your gear is trash compared to min/maxers that play Blizzard's game and invest their time and money into the multiple PvE reward systems that are there for this exact purpose.

Lol I am looking at this post and boy did I get carried away. I'll stop the rant here but for the love of god people wake up and feel the saliva on your face.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    have you seen Assassin's Creed Valhalla?

Update! Ill give a resume later

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Why do players that only do random BGs even feel entitled to get good gear? PvE players don't get vault gear from LFR or heroic dungeons either. I spend 50% of my time in WoW in BGs myself, but would never expect to be rewarded with good gear for that. It's a casual activity. Also, most BG heroes that are crying about these changes are terrible at the game - I wouldn't even consider them true PvPers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    Why do players that only do random BGs even feel entitled to get good gear? PvE players don't get vault gear from LFR or heroic dungeons either. I spend 50% of my time in WoW in BGs myself, but would never expect to be rewarded with good gear for that. It's a casual activity. Also, most BG heroes that are crying about these changes are terrible at the game - I wouldn't even consider them true PvPers.
    I dont care about 'good' gear from random bgs. I just want the option to do random bgs and, even if it takes significantly longer into the season, gather the conquest required to buy the gladiator set - almost strictly for transmog purposes.

From what I'm reading on forums and what that video implies, conquest is no longer rewarded from daily random BG wins.