Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Lol. That is similar to how I still box level. Foot pedals from old racing game with assist interact follow and a basic macro dps rotation. Ido it to level up my nephews characters while they only play on weekends. Boxing is still going to happen and programmable KVM switch I'll just drag out if I want to really resume.

Yay, and they made another version of Nightsong instead of creating new music for Ardenweald... and then had the audacity to not even credit Neal Acree in the Shadowlands credits as a composer...

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    The problem with bold part in case of hardware is that you are controlling them individually, each one of wow.exe gets it's own input from hardware. For multiboxing to stop being a thing they have to break their API, so you won't be able to use follow and target commands.

I wonder how it'll affect me, because i use two accounts to farm mounts in raids, dungeons and do pet battles. I mean, pet battles are safe, because you already can do them only on "first" account you log in, but it's going to be interesting
    Yep. I lean towards Blizzard banning the behavior, so it's up to the MBer to change up the behavior of their teams to escape notice, if they use hardware. Blizzard CMs have said many times over the years it's incredibly easy for them to spot MBers, so they most likely can look at player data very carefully, and see if characters are acting in unison over a short time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    There is a restriction already, which is the reason why multi-boxer/botter are such a blight, they gather up all "charges" in an instant and then move to the next. The issue is that Blizzard knows if they allow for even more charges then that just means people will do the same with even more characters. It's a feedback loop that goes out of control if unchecked. This has already impacted the design of the game itself to the point that they keep messing with drop rates and the like while accounting for these people.
    Perhaps Blizz could do two things:
    - have a variable quantity of charges in a node, say 3-7 instead of 10.
    - have a short period of time after a node has been picked before it can be picked again, say 2 - 5 seconds.

This would increase the time needed per node and decrease the mats gained, and - hopefully - not impact regular players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    No need to be rude.

What Im trying to say is that experienced multiboxers already know how to do this without breaking the updated ToS.
    sure they do, until it does break them. always pushing the envelope...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Bouncing ball
    -Bouncing the ball with your right hand is cheating-
    Bounces ball with left hand
    -No rule against left hand, perfectly fine-
    -Bouncing ball with either hand is cheating-
    Bounces ball with knee
    -No rule against bouncing ball with knee, perfectly fine-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    tru /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to toss in my opinion and express how painful this change is. My wife and I just got back into the game over the last couple months, and she started doing a bit of “multiboxing” as part of it. In her case, she’s used some basic software to send a few keys to a second character, so that they attack, use a Loot-a-Rang, and follow her main character. It’s not game breaking in the slightest. She’s not parading 20 Druids through Orgrimmar, but she’s just as guilty under this policy change. And she’s heartbroken, which is difficult for me to see. She’s fallen back in love with the game with this new dynamic, and now it’s being taken away from her. It really makes me wonder whether its worth it to keep playing.

I hope that Blizzard will rethink this. If someone is breaking the game or disrupting the experience of others, they need to be taken care of individually. Instead, everyone is being punished for the actions of a few people. I saw someone mention that Blizzard used a hammer when they needed a scalpel, and I think that was an apt way of putting it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    Sure I can! It is such a simple and harmless thing, it could be a feature of Windows itself. Imagine you have open lots of programs, you activate that feature and then you click alt+f4. All running programs in your task bar are closed.
    And then you have five instances of WoW and you hit W and all toons are moving forward. That's not cheating or hacking! It's a quality of live feature. HARMLESS!
    It always has been against the TOS. Automation software has been a bannable offense for years. The authors coined it "broadcasting" so Blizzard is giving a heads up before they start mass banning. It's a courtesy towards the players. They could just mass ban today and you couldn't do anything about it.

As computers have become more powerful you can now run 5 games on one machine so this has become more popular. In the past it was done through hardware which is expensive for most people and still within the rules of the TOS. Not everyone can pay $400+ dollars to do it that way.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by MoFalcon View Post
    sure they do, until it does break them. always pushing the envelope...
    Im sorry your feelings were hurt by a multiboxer once, but as long as he follows the rules he can still multibox just fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by insmek View Post
    I just want to toss in my opinion and express how painful this change is. My wife and I just got back into the game over the last couple months, and she started doing a bit of “multiboxing” as part of it. In her case, she’s used some basic software to send a few keys to a second character, so that they attack, use a Loot-a-Rang, and follow her main character. It’s not game breaking in the slightest. She’s not parading 20 Druids through Orgrimmar, but she’s just as guilty under this policy change. And she’s heartbroken, which is difficult for me to see. She’s fallen back in love with the game with this new dynamic, and now it’s being taken away from her. It really makes me wonder whether its worth it to keep playing.

I hope that Blizzard will rethink this. If someone is breaking the game or disrupting the experience of others, they need to be taken care of individually. Instead, everyone is being punished for the actions of a few people. I saw someone mention that Blizzard used a hammer when they needed a scalpel, and I think that was an apt way of putting it.
    Your wife is playing the game the way it's not supposed to be played and complaining that it's being changed?
    Your post is overly dramatic. It's just a game.

This is coming from someone who was a heavy Honorbuddy user.
    I can't be arsed to level up a character without Honorbuddy, even with the new changes.
    But I don't complain about it. I just don't play.
    Actually, I play SWTOR which is more enjoyable to level up. It has an actual story.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Your wife is playing the game the way it's not supposed to be played and complaining that it's being changed?
    There is no "how it's supposed to be played"
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I can't be arsed to level up a character without Honorbuddy, even with the new changes.
    Actually, I play SWTOR which is more enjoyable to level up. It has an actual story.
    Multiboxing is not against the rules, Blizzard even went out to emphasize that.

So no, his wife isnt doing any wrong as long as she sticks to the new ToS.

WoW indeed has a story. Just because you dont likenit doesn't mean there isn't one. Also the games are incomparable. SWTOR was designed to be a singleplayer-story driven MMO, meaning your character(class) will have a specific major story arc. The entire game was narrative centered and that was the focus of the game. As a result gameplay and controls suffered. Plus the later expansions are basically single player stories with a MP lobby for group activity.

The later stuff is exactly what the game should have been from the start.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure there is. Games need to have rukesets and boundaries to guide players. There are multiple examples of how the game was not supposed to be played throughout the years and those ways became actionable or made impossible to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It always has been against the TOS. Automation software has been a bannable offense for years. The authors coined it "broadcasting" so Blizzard is giving a heads up before they start mass banning. It's a courtesy towards the players. They could just mass ban today and you couldn't do anything about it.

As computers have become more powerful you can now run 5 games on one machine so this has become more popular. In the past it was done through hardware which is expensive for most people and still within the rules of the TOS. Not everyone can pay $400+ dollars to do it that way.
    “Allow me to set your argument to rest. This:

Add in a 3rd party program. You press ONE button and all 5 screens react. How exactly is that fair/legit? It’s not. The ability to control 5 computers at once with 1 single keyboard and 1 single press of a button is automation. The ability to make your characters cast their individual spells and skills at once by pressing 1 button is automation.

Is not automation by our standards. This is why multi-boxing is just fine.
    The moment that single keypress initiates a string of actions not normally possible via our base macro system for an individual character, then that is a different matter. It is also a separate offense.

Multi-boxing, currently, is not a violation of our policies.
    That is all.”

Malkatorix, Blizzard Poster, 2013.

You can read all about how Blizzard always has said multiboxing is ok here:

https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/...lues-on-Boxing

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    So when I was a kid I had received a punishment banning me from playing "our Playstation", so I borrowed a friend's. I was then told I couldn't play "any Playstation", so I borrowed a friend's Xbox. I was then told I couldn't play any games "in the house", so I played through the window from the porch.

This is exactly how I see everyone who is stating "it's just the method that makes it unfair or cheating".

Dare I say that gathering profs might be more lucrative in SL?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scynfullone View Post
    So when I was a kid I had received a punishment banning me from playing "our Playstation", so I borrowed a friend's. I was then told I couldn't play "any Playstation", so I borrowed a friend's Xbox. I was then told I couldn't play any games "in the house", so I played through the window from the porch.

This is exactly how I see everyone who is stating "it's just the method that makes it unfair or cheating".
    The definition of being obtuse when told something. You knew very well it meant no video game playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    So multiboxing is still allowed, but only per /follow and all other functions operated manually?
    I haven't gotten any warnings and that's all I use for the most part /follow /assist and I just use windows 10 and snap the screens into boxes

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Dare I say that gathering profs might be more lucrative in SL?

- - - Updated - - -

The definition of being obtuse when told something. You knew very well it meant no video game playing.
    Exactly, that is my entire point. People understand the definition and meaning behind "no automation" but they are being obtuse.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Amazing what a scape goat multiboxing have become for all the casual entitles.
    [...]
    Amazing behavior people have, especially if you let them roam free with each other.
    My only issue is with organized pvp. With 10 chars perfectly syncing attacks. Tell how that is the same as coordinating 10 people to hit at the exact same time on the exact same target in a random BG. If you can somehow replicate this with a group of friends with the exact same perfect execution, I will agree it is not cheating.

But let's be real here. Anyone who does multiboxing and perfect sync-ing does it for a gain that justifies the investment. Whether it's quick wins, streaming, herbing, level boosting, ganking to annoy people or whatever else, it gives an advantage that wouldnt be there without it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Multiboxing is not against the rules, Blizzard even went out to emphasize that.

So no, his wife isnt doing any wrong as long as she sticks to the new ToS.
    Where in my post did I write that it's against the rules?

- - - Updated - - -

There is.

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    WoW indeed has a story. Just because you dont likenit doesn't mean there isn't one. Also the games are incomparable. SWTOR was designed to be a singleplayer-story driven MMO, meaning your character(class) will have a specific major story arc. The entire game was narrative centered and that was the focus of the game. As a result gameplay and controls suffered. Plus the later expansions are basically single player stories with a MP lobby for group activity.

The later stuff is exactly what the game should have been from the start.
    Bold:
    NAH

/10char

Where in my post did I write that it's against the rules?

- - - Updated - - -

There is.

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Bold:
    NAH

/10char
    Well...

By saying she is "playing the game like its not supposed to be played" you're pretty much implying she is cheating/breaking the rules.