Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Having their own quarantined safe space is good for everyone. Maybe people will stop falling down the right wing rabbit hole on Youtube and Facebook that leads to QAnon shit.
    Yeah those mainstream sites are vital shopfronts for white supremacy. Between the right wing's deliberate tactics and the natural bubble-creating tendencies of social media algorithms, people are slowly radicalised until they're attracted to the hardcore right wing stuff off-site. Shit I remember before I started aggressively culling them out of my Youtube feed, after a few clicks on gaming videos Youtube would start recommending white guy grievance politics lol. Reddit allowed r/theDonald to operate for like a year between when it was quarantined and finally deleted - they used that time to turn the place into a bunch of links to more radical sites where they could regroup.

Cut off from the mainstream, those sites will just slowly attrite away because not enough new blood will be coming in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    So all in all, this second semester we had:

- The NZ prime minister being re-elected, crushing the far right oposition,

- The Bolivians electing a Leftie president, totally repudiating the far right coup enablers.

- Chile voted for a new constitution, repudiating the pinochet one (by a massive margin),

- The US voting out the orange cancer.

All in all, not too bad for a redemption arc, eh?
    Not bad at all. And despite coronavirus, africa is now polio free. once we rid of it from pakistan and afghanistan it'll become the second eradicated human virus after smallpox.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    haha, yep, been seeing some of the more hardcore right wingers on my Facebook start advertising they're headed there too
    Good riddance. Maybe the cancer will consume itself rather than metastasize.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I had to Google Parler, let's see where it rank:

1-Facebook - 2.7 billion users
    2-Youtube - 2 billion users
    3-WhatsApp - 2 billion users
    4-Facebook Messenger - 1.3 billion users
    5-Weixin / WeChat - 1.2 Billion users
    6-Instagram - 1.1 billion users
    7-TikTok - 689 million users
    8-QQ - 648 million users
    9-Doutin - 600 million users
    10-Sina Weibo - 523 million users
    11-QZone - 517 million users
    12-Snapchat - 433 million users
    13-Reddit - 430 million users
    14-Kuiaishou - 430 million users
    15-Pinterest - 416 million users
    16-Telegram - 400 million users
    17-Twitter - 353 million users
    18-Quora - 300 million users

Okay, I give up, the list I have goes up to 100 and I just scrolled down and I don't even see Parler listed on there.

I have secret footage showing the tactics they used to get themselves on the top spot.

This will be off the top spot in a day or two max.

The people who are going to leave Facebook and Google for Parler are the nutjobs who are so far gone, they don't matter. The people who are going to stay on Facebook are the boomers and grandparents who are easily manipulated by what is on their feed.
    I guess QQ, QZone, Doutin and Kuiashou are Chinese sites... but what the heck is Telegram?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Would be cool to see the police state pointed at right-wing militias instead of civil rights protesters for a change.
    For what it's worth, the FBI has been pretty on top of tracking down and stopping right-wing loons as of late, and seem to have zero affinity for the Trump administration and the illicit actions of his followers.

Local law enforcement and Trump ordering in federal troops seems to be the main sources of peaceful protest oppression.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

8-QQ - 648 million users

Okay, I give up, the list I have goes up to 100 and I just scrolled down and I don't even see Parler listed on there.

I have secret footage showing the tactics they used to get themselves on the top spot.

The people who are going to leave Facebook and Google for Parler are the nutjobs who are so far gone, they don't matter. The people who are going to stay on Facebook are the boomers and grandparents who are easily manipulated by what is on their feed.
    Kind of makes me feel better with those numbers. I will admit that article just popped up and I thought it was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Good riddance. Maybe the cancer will consume itself rather than metastasize.
    bonus if they congregate in the same place it'll be easier for the FBI and other agencies to get them before they do anything dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Meh, i was 10 then all i remember is pokemon from that time.
    Well now I feel old.

Although that might be because I'm old.

8-QQ - 648 million users

Wow twitter is only 353 million? It's such a crap concept, I guess it doesn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah those mainstream sites are vital shopfronts for white supremacy. Between the right wing's deliberate tactics and the natural bubble-creating tendencies of social media algorithms, people are slowly radicalised until they're attracted to the hardcore right wing stuff off-site. Shit I remember before I started aggressively culling them out of my Youtube feed, after a few clicks on gaming videos Youtube would start recommending white guy grievance politics lol. Reddit allowed r/theDonald to operate for like a year between when it was quarantined and finally deleted - they used that time to turn the place into a bunch of links to more radical sites where they could regroup.

Cut off from the mainstream, those sites will just slowly attrite away because not enough new blood will be coming in.
    Yeah, I have a friend who links Tim Pool videos all the time in Discord and I clicked on like 2 of them and I got a shit ton of far right outrage you tubers in my suggestions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

The DNC is spamming our voter fraud hotline to bog down the thousands of complaints we are receiving! Wonder what they have to hide
    "Too coherent for Trump, too conspiracy for anyone sane...Eric?"

Correct.

Team Trump now claims they have thousands of tips from people who...waited until the election was over, then called one of the campaigns instead of local law enforcement or election officials.

By the way, even if you have a thousand of them, "I saw some guy do something" isn't really credible evidence. Or, if we are going to play that game, Biden could set up a hotline for people who saw Melania enter the abortion clinic. I'm pretty sure that could get just as many, just as credible, calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    For what it's worth, the FBI has been pretty on top of tracking down and stopping right-wing loons as of late, and seem to have zero affinity for the Trump administration and the illicit actions of his followers.

Local law enforcement and Trump ordering in federal troops seems to be the main sources of peaceful protest oppression.
    Because the conditions are right for another right-wing fuck to blowup a government daycare center. They need to be vigilant because these nutjobs don't actually care if they're Republican or Democrat. As soon as Joe Biden is sworn in, hell, as soon as he's officially recognized by Trump as President-elect, in their mind, the whole government is evil Democrats.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow twitter is only 353 million? It's such a crap concept, I guess it doesn't surprise me.
    It probably has more, but Twitter doesn't provide MUA details so it has to be guestimated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow twitter is only 353 million?
    Harder to spam with ads, I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I mean, it's probably not good that the far right is becoming even more insular, but at the same time it will limit the influence they have on the mainstream.
    There's literally nothing that can be done about that.

They're moving to sites like Parler/Gab and to news media like OANN because they are unwilling to accept reality as it is. They prefer the narratives they've made up in their own heads to the truth.

There is literally no evidence or argument you could ever present to people like that to change their minds. If they could be convinced by reason or evidence, they wouldn't be making the choices they're making, in the first place. All you can do is write them off as a lost cause, and monitor their communications to ensure their radicalization doesn't boil over into violence, or that law enforcement can get on them when it's about to.

It doesn't mean they can't recover from this kind of radicalization. But it has to be from their own initiative, and there's pretty much nothing you can do to push that.

And before people point to those handful of guys who've managed to pull a few white supremacists and such out of a radical group, even made a career out of it, that process generally takes months or years, a one-on-one personal connection and interaction, and a hell of a lot of patience and forgiveness on the part of the people working to pull them out. I applaud the effort, but it's like trying to respond to the mass extinction of a species by keeping a couple as a pet. It takes all of your effort and resources, and the damage is being done far faster than you could ever hope to help. It looks and sounds good on the personal level, but it does not and cannot actually address the central problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And before people point to those handful of guys who've managed to pull a few white supremacists and such out of a radical group, even made a career out of it, that process generally takes months or years, a one-on-one personal connection and interaction, and a hell of a lot of patience and forgiveness on the part of the people working to pull them out. I applaud the effort, but it's like trying to respond to the mass extinction of a species by keeping a couple as a pet. It takes all of your effort and resources, and the damage is being done far faster than you could ever hope to help. It looks and sounds good on the personal level, but it does not and cannot actually address the central problems.
    And those kind of people have to already have some kind of disillusionment with their group in the first place. A true believer will almost never be swayed from their belief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It doesn't mean they can't recover from this kind of radicalization. But it has to be from their own initiative
    Which, sadly, could happen due to tragedy. Asking the widow "do you believe in COVID now?" kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    And McCain was involved in those crimes by bombing whatever they told him too, how is that hard to understand. He bombed them, he was at fault. Saying they are just orders does not justify jack shit. You think a country can bomb anything without pilots or something
    [Infraction]
    Bombings are a forbidden topic? How are we supposed to talk about politics in any meaningful way if that's off the table?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Yeah, I have a friend who links Tim Pool videos all the time in Discord and I clicked on like 2 of them and I got a shit ton of far right outrage you tubers in my suggestions.
    Tim Pool is pretty much grand central station for the far right at this point, mostly because all of their other concern trolls have been banned by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I guess QQ, QZone, Doutin and Kuiashou are Chinese sites... but what the heck is Telegram?
    It’s very popular in the ex-Soviet space. A little bit like Twitter.

Fringe ideas need to return to fringe websites. Fox News shifted ridiculously far into fringe territory during the 4 years of Trump. Hopefully they can readjust a bit now because their reach and influence is so significant that the next GOP presidential candidate may be much worse than Trump if they don’t recenter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

Yeah, I know the FBI is at least demographically left-leaning and identifies the right-wing as a breeding ground for homegrown terrorists.

I just mean under a Biden presidency we can hopefully see the feds going after actual hate groups and toning down suppression of completely valid protests.