https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/08...-investigated/

Here's a link to an article titled -

America Won’t Trust Elections Until The Voter Fraud Is Investigated
    If all the evidence of voter fraud is not investigated and properly accounted for, half of America will fervently believe that the election is a fraud no matter who ultimately
    Who wants to break it to The Federalist and its readers that Trump already did this. And it fell apart after months of not finding anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The problem in 2016 was that Hillary Clinton was polling ahead by a large margin until three days before the election, when the DOJ re-opened the investigation against her (instigated by Republicans). Her polling numbers swiftly dropped after that. The only reason that Trump & co. couldn't have pulled a similar stunt this year was mail-in ballots for weeks beforehand due to COVID-19. Also they had nothing on Biden, the closest they could come to finding dirt on him was related to his son.

Funny how people forget the bullshittery that happened four years ago, we should remember. No matter what side of the aisle we are on.
    Turns out the reason Comey announced the investigation to the world is that he fell for a piece of Russian disinformation, probably intended to have precisely that effect:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...b69_story.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Oh man, they're having fucking meltdowns. Donnie Jr straight up going "DECLASSIFY EVERYTHING!"

These are the fucks that lose the fuckin pie baking contest and proceed to shit on literally ever other pie because if they don't win they don't think anyone else should either.

God I'm going to enjoy the next four years of conservative tears after four years of this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Who wants to break it to The Federalist and its readers that Trump already did this. And it fell apart after months of not finding anything.
    Not true, they found a few Republicans committing fraud.

Also they dissolved the panel and destroyed all the records lol.

But I agree - investigate voter fraud! Let's hear more about people like this on the evening news:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybe...h=5b69594a38fc

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man, they're having fucking meltdowns. Donnie Jr straight up going "DECLASSIFY EVERYTHING!"
    Yes, please do, let's start with the Muller Report.

10+ Year Old Account

America Won’t Trust Elections Until The Voter Fraud Is Investigated
    If all the evidence of voter fraud is not investigated and properly accounted for, half of America will fervently believe that the election is a fraud no matter who ultimately wins.
    I mean, if the people who believe there was election fraud just decide to never vote again in protest... problem solved?

I know which party the people who believe in the integrity of the election process will support.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Nah, ScoMo really isn't Australia's Trump - he at least listened to advise from the medical experts and didn't try and turn the whole thing into an idealogical battle.

Clive Palmer is Australia's Trump, right down to appropriating the MAGA slogan, not paying musicians for their music, his dangerous populist rhetoric and a host more. Thankful most of the country has told him to get stuffed as shown by his abysmal polling in QLD.
    Yeah our Trump is some combination of Palmer and Pauline Hanson.

Palmer did succeed in spreading a lot of right wing propaganda to get ScoMo elected, I suppose that was worth it for him. But fortunately for us, our lunatics are mostly confined to tiny nutcase parties where the harm they can do is limited.

Worst we get is the occasional Senator elected due to a loophole like Fraser Anning. I had to look him up because I'd forgotten his name aha. Fuck that guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by passingthrew View Post
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...r-and-facebook

'Awakened a sleeping giant': Parler jumps to most popular app as conservatives rally support to leave Twitter and Facebook

I have also seen a lot of people saying fox news is too far left and they are going to oann and newsmax.
    oh please, it will be like when they whined about Wikipedia, made Conservapedia, then quietly returned to Wikipedia because they arent happy if they don't think they are pissing off other people.

Parler will see a boost for a few months till they get to the "we all agree, but there are no libs to own." phase. Then they'll be back to facebook and twitter.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    "DECLASSIFY EVERYTHING!"
    "Show us your taxes!"

Funny how people that always disregarded Russian interference as “lol russiagate”, suddenly believes in actual voter fraud, because someone wrote something on twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    So speaking of "RussiaGate". Now that Trump will no longer have the protections of the Presidency come January is it feasibly possible that criminal charges can actually be leveled against him with actual results as opposed to a sham hearing by a boot licking Senate?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump may not, but many in inner circle accept defeat

Top Trump advisers sat the president down at the White House on Saturday and walked him through the "options for success," a campaign official tells me.

The official added that they made clear to Trump the likely outcome of waging these legal battles, but he was firm that he wants to forge ahead anyway.

One source who recently spoke to the president tells Axios' Jonathan Swan that even Trump has discussed the possibility of not winning. He has accepted that losing may be an outcome but insists on pursuing what he claims is mass fraud.

Several of his close advisers, including social media guru Dan Scavino and personnel director Johnny McEntee, are egging him on.

But people one rung out have privately accepted reality. They know the court cases are dead ends, and some are already putting out job feelers.

Chris Liddell, Trump's deputy chief of staff for policy coordination, has been working on transition preparations for the past several weeks, but "everything is frozen right now, they’re not doing anything," a source familiar with his work says.

Typically at this point, Liddell should be figuring out what priorities they can push through before Jan. 20 and working with the Justice Department to review security clearances for Biden officials.

While the Biden campaign has posted its own transition page, Emily Murphy, administrator of the General Services Administration, has yet to declare when Biden's official transition begins.

Neither may happen until the White House gets on board with the outcome.

One White House official described a scene of chaos and frustration among staff, particularly younger, lower-level aides anxious about finding new jobs.

"Senior staff can afford to drag it out, but mid to lower ... need paychecks and don't want to get left behind," the official said.

The challenge, the official added, is sending out resumes when "we are technically supposed to believe we can win."

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany says, "Having spoken with many younger West Wing staffers, I can tell you that the team fully supports President Trump and the movement behind him."

One adviser who attended Trump's election night party at the White House tells me the president had "whiplash" watching his lead diminish over the ensuing days.

"He went to bed thinking he won. We all felt good," the Trump adviser said. "That's why we collectively are still confounded. But there's only so much you can do now once a big part of the country has decided to move on."
    Hmm. So it's not that people are choosing to stay on the sinking ship. It's...holy shit, this really is the Titanic, and the poor people aren't allowed in the lifeboats!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So speaking of "RussiaGate". Now that Trump will no longer have the protections of the Presidency come January is it feasibly possible that criminal charges can actually be leveled against him with actual results as opposed to a sham hearing by a boot licking Senate?
    Really depends what's in Mueller's report. We can't just say "LOCK HIM UP!" that would make us hypocrites. But if there's specific evidence of specific crimes, and Pence hasn't pardoned him, then yes.

"What if he pardons himself?"

Well, if he pardons himself, that means Pence hasn't. Then, if he really is arrested, we get to try the "President can pardon himself" in SCOTUS, If that fails, Trump has no pardon, and by then Pence can't help him either. There's no upside.

How is he going to pursue an investigation into mass fraud, when he’s a civilian, or more likely, inmate.

The spoiled kid is building up a narrative to why he really did not lose, and all the inbreed rednecks and his attention hungering kids are in on it, fucking pathetic

A reminder that Covid stimulus literally depends on the outcome of these 2 senate races in Georgia.

If you're in Georgia, or know anyone who is in Georgia, please keep that in mind.

And please consider donating to the relevant election funds to help secure those victories, if you're able to.

I know people who are convinced there is going to be a swath of recounts that are going to change everything... but as far as I am aware the only states doing recounts will be WI and GA and no other states meet the criteria for it, or am I mistaken?

"He went to bed thinking he won. We all felt good," the Trump adviser said. "That's why we collectively are still confounded. But there's only so much you can do now once a big part of the country has decided to move on."

My god, he might of actually believed what he was saying then. I thought he was just lying. Any idiot paying even a little attention knew all the mail-ins were going to swing towards Biden. Delusion is a hell of a drug.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post

My god, he might of actually believed what he was saying then. I thought he was just lying. Any idiot paying even a little attention knew all the mail-ins were going to swing towards Biden. Delusion is a hell of a drug.
    Oh he absolutely believed he won. Seeing him lead by 70% in states he had no business being that far ahead in like MI was so demoralizing for me, I was shocked to my core when I went to sleep tuesday night. Even if people kept repeating "red mirage" we had never seen anything like this before.

While we were slowly clenching our teeth hoping there was enough votes still coming to get Biden over the line, Trump and his cult had to watch his lead so very slowly leak away.

I see that all former living presidents, including Dubya, have come out and said it was free and fair and that Biden won.

Seriously repubs, if Dubya is saying that then surely some of them should be reconsidering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    How is he going to pursue an investigation into mass fraud, when he’s a civilian
    You're looking at it from the wrong point of view: not Trump. To Trump, because there is fraud, he will not be a civilian.

Okay, so really, there is a deadline for the states to send their votes along and the House certifies it. One of three things will happen.

1) No proof of fraud is shown in the timeline necessary. As such, the states finalize their votes, the House certifies it, and Trump can try to sue as a civilian -- but if he can't prove it while in the Oval Office, he can't prove it from whatever gutter Melania and Deutsche Bank dump him in.

2) Trump manages to raise a big enough stink with enough court cases that enough swing states don't make the deadline. The states with Republican legislatures just give Trump the votes (if they don't, see #1 above). Now, if Arizona does this too, Trump takes the White House and the investigation is suddenly moot. Yes, yes, I know there's laws about faithless electors, but those laws would conveniently not apply to the lawmakers making this decision -- they would claim you can't be faithless to false results.

3) Trump actually has proof of enough voter fraud to overturn enough votes that he wins the election fairly. This begs the question "what is he waiting for?" As I recently linked, his combined lawsuits that are still ongoing don't seem like they would effect votes to change the results. I find this result incredibly unlikely, just so we're clear, but if the results are actually due to massive fraud...somehow, we'd have no choice but to accept such proof and the honest results of the election. But don't hold your breath -- if Trump had objective proof that would hand him the victory, I see no reason at all it wouldn't be in court yet.

Trump's best shot is #2, fitting for such a piece of shit.

But yeah, the most likely of these outcomes at this point has Trump, screaming into the wind and homeless, collects donations from his rabid fanbase, keeps most of the money to pay Putin, and uses the rest to launch lawsuits with the intent of overtunring the election "because".

Or, he suddenly gets bored of the whole thing, claims it's all rigged, goes golfing, launches Trump News, etc etc. Without anything actually resembling evidence, a private citizen cannot challenge a federal election and expect anything otther than ridicule.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I know people who are convinced there is going to be a swath of recounts that are going to change everything... but as far as I am aware the only states doing recounts will be WI and GA and no other states meet the criteria for it, or am I mistaken?
    I mean, you can't have a recount until you're done counting, by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump may not, but many in inner circle accept defeat

Hmm. So it's not that people are choosing to stay on the sinking ship. It's...holy shit, this really is the Titanic, and the poor people aren't allowed in the lifeboats!

- - - Updated - - -

Really depends what's in Mueller's report. We can't just say "LOCK HIM UP!" that would make us hypocrites. But if there's specific evidence of specific crimes, and Pence hasn't pardoned him, then yes.

"What if he pardons himself?"

Well, if he pardons himself, that means Pence hasn't. Then, if he really is arrested, we get to try the "President can pardon himself" in SCOTUS, If that fails, Trump has no pardon, and by then Pence can't help him either. There's no upside.
    Mueller already said that Trump would be arrested for Obstruction if he wasn't president. He's also Individual -1 in another case which has him pretty much guilty of crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    To be fair his planet was apparently populated by a bunch of grotesque disease-addled child molesters.

Hmmm. Wait a minute.
    I did not say he was nice.