Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Questions about 100 Exalted Reputations

Hey!

Me and my guildie are racing to 100 exalted reputations, and i have some questions that i cant find a decent answer from on wowhead.

Firstly, is the achivement tracking only current Exalted reputations? For example, If i get exalted with Bloodsail Buccaneers and then loose that exalted reputation by geting exalted with the Steamwheedle Cartel, will that count as 5 or 4?

Secondly, are there some "normal" reputations that doesnt count? I know that for example Chromie in Legion doesnt count as it isnt realy a reputation, but i saw somewhere that Talons Vengance doesnt count? Is that true and are there some more reputations that acts like that?

Lastly, this isnt realy a question but, if anyone wants to give me a tip on quick ways to farm certain reps / reps that i might've forgotten about, i would love the help! Here is my armory for refference. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...cale/friggster

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is that "friendship" reputations do not count. The ones that end with "Best Friend" instead of "Exalted".
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    All I know is that "friendship" reputations do not count. The ones that end with "Best Friend" instead of "Exalted".
    That's what i thought aswell, and why i got suprised with comments on Wowhead that Talons Vengance does not count for this

Quote Originally Posted by Friggsterino View Post
    Hey!

Me and my guildie are racing to 100 exalted reputations, and i have some questions that i cant find a decent answer from on wowhead.

Firstly, is the achivement tracking only current Exalted reputations? For example, If i get exalted with Bloodsail Buccaneers and then loose that exalted reputation by geting exalted with the Steamwheedle Cartel, will that count as 5 or 4?

Secondly, are there some "normal" reputations that doesnt count? I know that for example Chromie in Legion doesnt count as it isnt realy a reputation, but i saw somewhere that Talons Vengance doesnt count? Is that true and are there some more reputations that acts like that?

Lastly, this isnt realy a question but, if anyone wants to give me a tip on quick ways to farm certain reps / reps that i might've forgotten about, i would love the help! Here is my armory for refference. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...cale/friggster

Thanks in advance!
    Do timewalking on all of your alts, one run each. Get 500 TW badges per alt per week. Buy shitload of Rep commendations. Wait for Darkmoon Faire buff. EXPLODE.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Do timewalking on all of your alts, one run each. Get 500 TW badges per alt per week. Buy shitload of Rep commendations. Wait for Darkmoon Faire buff. EXPLODE.
    Aye this is my plan, just need to dust of the UI's of my alts to make em playable

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Weird. Wowhead claims it counts https://www.wowhead.com/overview-of-...tations-in-wow - in one comment a guy says it counts indeed, then the next one says "no it doesn't"...meh..whatever

GL on your grind...I see you are at 55...quite a way to go still. Can't help on the Buccaneer question, but in all fairness...it should count as 5.

That weekly TW cycle event has ended now though I think...we have to wait the normal time now. Next TW is Cata on 11th and then WoD on 2nd of September, TBC on 21st of September on my calendar
    Aye this is my plan, just need to dust of the UI's of my alts to make em playable
    I didn't do a single TW during the special event, but I had been doing 1 TW run per each of my 12 alts for 5 months (the full rotation basically) and I went 0 WoD reputations to 9/9 exalted WoD reputations (easy peasy Pathfinder which wont matter anymore though...) + all TW mounts from all expansions :P And I have some leftovers

I didn't do a single TW during the special event, but I had been doing 1 TW run per each of my 12 alts for 5 months (the full rotation basically) and I went 0 WoD reputations to 9/9 exalted WoD reputations (easy peasy Pathfinder which wont matter anymore though...) + all TW mounts from all expansions :P And I have some leftovers
    I got 10 characters that are availible for all TW weeks, thats about 1,5 - 2 reputations to Exalted per TW event depending on what i start at, not to shabby

Make sure you clear MC every week, Hydraxian is IMO the slowest current rep. Preferably, use a Human. And plant rep banners, I would group 2 bosses, drop banner, kill, log out for 10 mins, come back and repeat.

I got 10 characters that are availible for all TW weeks, thats about 1,5 - 2 reputations to Exalted per TW event depending on what i start at, not to shabby
    10 characters x 10 Commendations each (500 TW badges = 10 tokens) = 100 commendations. If you are human (10% bonus) and have Darkmoon buff (10% bonus) that is already 360 per token = 36 000 per week. One full rep from Neutral 0/3000 to Exalted is 42 000 rep, so almost 1 full reputation.

For WoD reps, make sure to build Trading Post Tier 3 (you need to be exalted with one specific WoD reputation but forgot its exact name) and then be in Draenor while consuming the tokens for 420 rep per token and thus 100 tokens = exactly 1 exalted rep.

Other than being quite boring (outside of my main for whom I had full roster of socketed and corrupted items, Legion legendaries, BiS BFA gear, legendary cloak and artifact neck, etc, so QUITE more powerful than my regular alt) and having to wait longer for a DPS queue than the actual length of the dungeon, it is by far the fastest reputation farming method I know of. Thankfully, I have a job that allows me to spend a lot of time freely so :P

10 characters x 10 Commendations each (500 TW badges = 10 tokens) = 100 commendations. If you are human (10% bonus) and have Darkmoon buff (10% bonus) that is already 360 per token = 36 000 per week. One full rep from Neutral 0/3000 to Exalted is 42 000 rep, so almost 1 full reputation.

For WoD reps, make sure to build Trading Post Tier 3 (you need to be exalted with one specific WoD reputation but forgot its exact name) and then be in Draenor while consuming the tokens for 420 rep per token and thus 100 tokens = exactly 1 exalted rep.

Other than being quite boring (outside of my main for whom I had full roster of socketed and corrupted items, Legion legendaries, BiS BFA gear, legendary cloak and artifact neck, etc, so QUITE more powerful than my regular alt) and having to wait longer for a DPS queue than the actual length of the dungeon, it is by far the fastest reputation farming method I know of. Thankfully, I have a job that allows me to spend a lot of time freely so :P
    Well some reputation tokens give 500, like Cataclysm that is comming up next week. Also im allready exalted with all of WoD

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    That's what i thought aswell, and why i got suprised with comments on Wowhead that Talons Vengance does not count for this
    Talon's Vengeance does count. The counter only counts currently exalted reputations, hence you need to farm Bloodsail Buccaneers to exalted and then farm Steamwheedle from 0/36000 hated to exalted. Not a long grind really, takes around 15-20 hours in Tanaris.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, for the life of me I can't find anything now, but I had researched this at some point and the answer that I settled on was that the counter marks every exalted rep "achieved" and it is not a "current" counter. So... ding exalted with Frenzyheart in WotLK then immediately start grinding on the Oracles instead, work you way up from hated, and when you ding exalted with them your counter should be at 41. I'm currently at 89 exalted (wow ... I really need to go finish something ) and I'm sure this is how it worked with the Gelkis and Magram clans when I was working on those. I didn't lose ground when I was in the process of switching to get to the next achievement level.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    Ugh, for the life of me I can't find anything now, but I had researched this at some point and the answer that I settled on was that the counter marks every exalted rep "achieved" and it is not a "current" counter. So... ding exalted with Frenzyheart in WotLK then immediately start grinding on the Oracles instead, work you way up from hated, and when you ding exalted with them your counter should be at 41. I'm currently at 89 exalted (wow ... I really need to go finish something ) and I'm sure this is how it worked with the Gelkis and Magram clans when I was working on those. I didn't lose ground when I was in the process of switching to get to the next achievement level.
    Oracles and Frenzyheart only award 1, as do Aldor and Scryers. It's current counter, not achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    Oracles and Frenzyheart only award 1, as do Aldor and Scryers. It's current counter, not achieved.
    How does this work with cross-account reputation tho?

Can i have Scryer, Frenzyheart and Bloodsail on another character, and Aldor, Oracles and Steamwheedle on my main and they will all add up for the achivement?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bloodsail and steamwheedle all count (5 total) as it is possible to have them all exalted at the same time. Oracles/Frenzyheart only count as 1 (tested this one myself) as do aldor/scriers

question about this, i got horde expedition maxed out but none of the sub-reputations. I heard that the TW token give spillover rep to the others, but one comment said that it was only 50% (250 rep), does anyone have any information about this?

Just want to revive this post to give myself a pat on the back, in 3 months ive gone from 55 to 94, will hit 95 just before SL, so with SL reputations i will get to 100. Been some tedious grinds but feels rewarding!

10+ Year Old Account
    How does this work with cross-account reputation tho?

Can i have Scryer, Frenzyheart and Bloodsail on another character, and Aldor, Oracles and Steamwheedle on my main and they will all add up for the achivement?
    I am not subbed right now, but I'm 99,99% sure it's not a cross-account achievement, meaning you need 100 reputations on a single character, meaning it doesn't matter at all.

It IS a cross-account achievement. You can for example do 99 reputations on an Alliance character and then do the horde-exclusive reputation "Tristessa" on a horde character and get the unicorn.

Also, the next time there is the NPC-battleground of Arathi Basin, grind the heck out of it. It's the easiest way to get to exalted for that reputation.

Source: I did that.
    Last edited by Ditju; 2020-11-09 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditju View Post
    It IS a cross-account achievement. You can for example do 99 reputations on an Alliance character and then do the horde-exclusive reputation "Tristessa" on a horde character and get the unicorn.

Also, the next time there is the NPC-battleground of Arathi Basin, grind the heck out of it. It's the easiest way to get to exalted for that reputation.

Source: I did that.
    Didnt they remove that brawl? It seems to be gone from rotation