Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Selling transmogs for money would require them to create good looking sets first.

There aren't any sets in this game that would warrant paying for them with real money. The game engine can barely handle sets that look better than poorly textured spandex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to politicize this thread, but if Trump can have 70 million people fall for his nonsense, then Blizzard has and can do this perfectly well. They shouldn't, but they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Jesus, Is it impossible to be a good player and enjoy buying cool things at the store at the same time? o.O
    I was one of those guild officers that kicked people who had them.

This is an unacceptable practice. I will forever /spit on those who support it.

As much as I want to disagree with this, just because my favorite era of the game was wotlk and before and I believe it would be TERRIBLE for this style of wow....

There is absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing, wrong with selling xmogs. It doesn’t impact your gameplay (at this point in the game) whatsoever. League of legends basically only gets their income from skins and store stuff and it’s basically all cosmetic.

If you like the mog, then buy it. If you don’t want to spend money on it then don’t buy it. The only way this would become an issue is if they just all together stopped making mogs in game, which will likely never happen for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    If you like the mog, then buy it. If you don’t want to spend money on it then don’t buy it. The only way this would become an issue is if they just all together stopped making mogs in game, which will likely never happen for obvious reasons.
    It would be just like the mount situation. The mount you can earn in game will be just 47th recolor of a horse, while the stuff in the shop is unique and high quality.

Nothing stops them from making all ingame gear plain (or just recycle old textures) and put all the good stuff in the shop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    There were three helms for sale in the store some years ago. A lot of people who bought them got tired eventually (as it happens with tmogs) and mogged to something else.
    Also if you had the helmets on, there was a chance you could be kicked from LFR groups.
    We kicked people from oQueue groups for flex, C-Mode or whatever if they had those helms on. It wasn’t because of the player but because we wanted people to stigmatize the store selling them.

If it got back to forums that “Hey I’m getting kicked from groups for buying cash store stuff.” It would hurt the market. I think it worked because beyond that first batch what was there?

When the mounts appeared I don’t think anyone really cared too much. The aspect one was seemingly everywhere when it appeared before MOP because there was no model like it at the time. The fey dragon, same thing, it was just colored so damn well.

I’m VERY surprised that BMAH transmogs, discontinued sets etc have not ended up in the cash store. 14 years later is anyone really going to scream that T3 or Benediction/Anathema are suddenly available in retail? I mean I know people will but honestly there just can’t be that many accounts that are active that were active 14 years ago. (I’ll just wait for the flood of people saying they’ve been playing since beta to try and tell me I’m wrong though.)

Eventually when this game hits the 20 year mark there will be a “Classics, museum, legacy” version of the cash store.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Nope. The yeti suit from buying blizzcon digital a few years back has that achievement. You paid for 1 thing and the the transmog as a bonus just like now.
    Ok.. so... The-first-full-body-xmog-that-is-NOT-a-bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It would be just like the mount situation. The mount you can earn in game will be just 47th recolor of a horse, while the stuff in the shop is unique and high quality.

Nothing stops them from making all ingame gear plain (or just recycle old textures) and put all the good stuff in the shop.
    There are mounts that are like this, but it's being extremely disingenuous acting like "all" of the mounts we earn in game aren't unique or cool. This is just factually false.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    We kicked people from oQueue groups for flex, C-Mode or whatever if they had those helms on. It wasn’t because of the player but because we wanted people to stigmatize the store selling them.

Interesting - very curious how that worked. Did you pull their armory before you invited or waited to see?

I've found, esp when you start talking Gold CM level players, they don't wear that trash.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Yes I do. In many games, Destiny 2 for example, selling cosmetic items is a thing and a huge success.

Battlefield V (as bad as it was) and CODMW were also seeing a success selling cosmetic items. Thats why updates the updates were free.
    You see, those games are crap, no offense. WoW has some class and character and selling out content was never an option, you grind it and it should have a low chance or require a lot of work to get it. It should remain that way..

There is no fun on buying things.. you should play for them.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    You see, those games are crap, no offense. WoW has some class and character and selling out content was never an option, you grind it and it should have a low chance or require a lot of work to get it. It should remain that way..

There is no fun on buying things.. you should play for them.
    But there are things you play for. If you don't want to buy the other things then simply don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. The yeti suit from buying blizzcon digital a few years back has that achievement. You paid for 1 thing and the the transmog as a bonus just like now.
    If we're counting that you already had others, like the murloc suit.

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    If we're counting that you already had others, like the murloc suit.
    Well to be fair that was in person blizzcon only if i remember correctly vs a digital buy. That is why I didn't list that one myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Ok.. so... The-first-full-body-xmog-that-is-NOT-a-bonus.
    This one is also a bonus. You are buying 6 months and getting the suit as a bonus right?

Yea, why not? Ignore the naysayers, especially with something that isn't impactful with the game at all. Selling cosmetics is 100% fine.

Well to be fair that was in person blizzcon only if i remember correctly vs a digital buy. That is why I didn't list that one myself.

- - - Updated - - -

This one is also a bonus. You are buying 6 months and getting the suit as a bonus right?
    Yes but it isn't just tied to that sub. You can just go onto the store and straight up buy the xmog. So yeah, it isn't just a bonus.

And even before that, we had the store mounts. Which are all purely cosmetic since none of them are any faster than the mounts in the game, nor do they offer any special bonus (other than some being 2-seaters).

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    That costume was probably supposed to be a Blizzcon reward.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    This is a pretty shit thing to do, especially when it doesn't impact the game at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    I was one of those guild officers that kicked people who had them.

This is an unacceptable practice. I will forever /spit on those who support it.
    You really have problems dude ^^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no issue with video game companies selling cosmetics. Have at it.

However, if my progress through the game is directly impeded by the in-game store, then they can fuck right off.

Destiny does it great. Other than Tess Eververse shouting about Fenchurch in the tower, I can ignore her and play the game, never look at the store and never feel like I need to look at the store. Same goes for Blizzard. So there won't be some mounts or mogs in my collection. Oh well.
    Putin khuliyo