Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Your first sentence in that is extremely direct. You stated that it IS the same team as if you know. That's the same thing as saying it's 100% known.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you honestly think you have any idea whatsoever how many people are hired for these jobs/work on certain projects?
    Considering since the first, they have been done by individual devs on their soare time, I doubt t they have a team dedicated to it. If that were the case we would see a lot more than the handful that have been in the shop since 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    This one is also a bonus. You are buying 6 months and getting the suit as a bonus right?
    Yep and Nope. Also... Go in game store. There is a new tab called "Transmog". U can find the xmog being sold there separately.

And for people who don't want Blizzard to sell cool xmogs (like mounts) ..well .. something tells me that they wouldn't create a new tab just to sell 1 xmog ...
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2020-11-09 at 05:54 PM.

Got mine with my 6-month sub, so who cares. If they sold sets for like $1.50 or something they’d gain much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    And we all know Blizz won't do those, so no reason for store mogs to exist
    True, Blizzard is an SJW company and that would be considered "female objectification" or some other nonsense.
    Besides, I'm sure whales will buy anything from the store. LITERALLY ANYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Considering since the first, they have been done by individual devs on their soare time, I doubt t they have a team dedicated to it. If that were the case we would see a lot more than the handful that have been in the shop since 2010.
    And how do you know that these were just done by an individual devs in their spare time? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by LCSscallywag View Post
    they tested the waters previously with the helm transmogs and weapon effects.

they recently removed em from the shop I thought? I never saw anyone in game with those transmog effects.

but they were also pretty lame overall.
    There were weapon effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I think it's got to be down to the former.

Most other MMOs already sell a ton of transmog-equivalent outfits. Guild Wars 2 has countless, vastly outnumbering the "legit" outfits/armours you can get (last I played anyway), ESO has a bunch, FFXIV has dozens and dozens despite being sub-based like WoW, SWTOR I can't find a good list for, but they certainly had a bunch at one point.

WoW is actually really weird among MMORPGs that it doesn't sell tons of transmog-type outfits. Hopefully it stays that way. I suspect it will because at this point, changing that and regularly selling costumes, especially ones that compared favourably with in-game stuff would be unlikely to be well-received.

Are you saying that's true right now? Because that definitely isn't true right now. Whilst any model used in-game is bound to get recolours (because why not?), where shop models tend to be unique models (albeit rarely unique animations), there are certainly tons and tons of extremely cool mounts in-game, and the shop mounts aren't devastatingly cool (indeed most are a bit silly).
    We may see something expansion specific each expansion. So 1-4, depending on if they do individual armor type sets, per expansion. Still not ridiculous when compared to other games.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    I do all the time in games where they are available. The issue with Blizzard is they have yet to show me a truly amazing paid xmog. Everything we have gotten has been meh at best.

If they started doing them like FFXIV though where a lot of them are based off lore figures and what not then I might be a bit higher on them but as of right now I just don't really have faith that Blizzard will nail this. Hell they still don't even let us dye gear. They really need to let that go lol
    If I could buy an accurate set of gear that would make my character look like Bwonsamdi, or even just a mask, I'd gladly pay to $25 CAD for it

As long as the don't start doing lootboxes (looking at you EA games) I think it would be ok to add more tmogs to the store

(Lets hope that it would actually have a 'shirt' for female characters and not just a tiny piece of cloth though lol)
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    There were weapon effects?
    Pretty sure there weren't. Can't find anything on it.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Got mine with my 6-month sub, so who cares. If they sold sets for like $1.50 or something they’d gain much more.
    This is Blizzard. They won't sell anything in the store below 25 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Would you buy an xmog if it was really amazing?

"Sprite Darter's Wings" is the first (and very strange ...) xmogs that Blizzard places in the game store. I remember when the "Celestial Steed" appeared and sparked the same debate: "Is selling mounts a good idea?" Will players accept an exclusive item that can only be purchased like a "Pay to Win" game?

Check this out: Despite turning the char into a complete clown (forgive me if you disagree) the xmog "Sprite Darter's Wings" is a success. I'm already getting tired of finding players using this in Azeroth.
    Imagine then ... if Blizzard creates special xmogs for specific classes like (for example) the first FULL BLACK set for rogues (a wish of many) with "smoke effect" and when you press sprint ... a huge trail of smoke black is left behind. (Blizzard, I would pay $ 500 on that. Just saying ...)

And you? Do you believe that the new era of "xmogs for sale" is coming?
    Would you buy it if they were special and badass (as with the mounts that are to sell) ??
    Why would anyone in their right mind want the in game store expanded? Why would you spend $500 would you could just play the game for it?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Would you buy an xmog if it was really amazing?

"Sprite Darter's Wings" is the first (and very strange ...) xmogs that Blizzard places in the game store. I remember when the "Celestial Steed" appeared and sparked the same debate: "Is selling mounts a good idea?" Will players accept an exclusive item that can only be purchased like a "Pay to Win" game?

Check this out: Despite turning the char into a complete clown (forgive me if you disagree) the xmog "Sprite Darter's Wings" is a success. I'm already getting tired of finding players using this in Azeroth.
    Imagine then ... if Blizzard creates special xmogs for specific classes like (for example) the first FULL BLACK set for rogues (a wish of many) with "smoke effect" and when you press sprint ... a huge trail of smoke black is left behind. (Blizzard, I would pay $ 500 on that. Just saying ...)

And you? Do you believe that the new era of "xmogs for sale" is coming?
    Would you buy it if they were special and badass (as with the mounts that are to sell) ??
    No, I'm already paying monthly for this game, don't need them to try take more money off me while there already are so many ways to implement those things in-game.

And how do you know that these were just done by an individual devs in their spare time? Just curious.
    What exactly is your opposite implication then? That they were... Idk.. Done by the Art Team? If not an individual art dev?

Because if so, then you've gone in a circle, and now stand where we stood on the subject. :P See it's a lot easier to practice Common Sense and Reasoning than endlessly chase the "how do u know tho!?" angle until you end up arguing against your initial points.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Pretty sure there weren't. Can't find anything on it.
    There wasn't. Weapon effects weren't part of the Transmog system when they sold those helmets.

So far only weapon effect they have sold is the one you get from the most expensive Shadowlands version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    had nothing to do with skill level. It was a protest from people who disliked the blizzard store. Since they couldn't hurt blizzard in any way for adding the items to the store. They went after the players that bought it, the only way they could. And that was to kick them from a group.

I guess those players NEVER recovered /s
    That player probably thought "oh, that guild is full of douchebags" and then got into a different group.
    Putin khuliyo

Because they mentioned it years ago in a blog, blue post, or a making of DvD. Can't remember the source specifically. But it's been said before by Blizzard that they were made by singular artists in their down time.

- - - Updated - - -

There wasn't. Weapon effects weren't part of the Transmog system when they sold those helmets.

So far only weapon effect they have sold is the one you get from the most expensive Shadowlands version.
    I was thinking specific weapon enchants being sold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    Really? That happens?
    I mean, WoW has one of the pettiest communities out there, so I believe it.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I mean, WoW has one of the pettiest communities out there, so I believe it.
    Just change that to gaming.

Oh good, I thought I completely missed something. While I am not always aware of every morsel of news about this game I was baffled how I missed that.

As long as I can still get cool sets by mythic raiding idc what they offer in the cosmetic shop.