Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thing is I absolutely LOVED Andromeda, I have played all mass effects games and andromeda is hands down my favorite, I ecven did a marathon playthrough of all 4 and still liked it the most, yet people irrationally hate it, sigh. I so wanted a mass effect andromeda 2, but at this rate it will be some janky mass effect '4' and you will be shephards grandkid or something dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Thing is I absolutely LOVED Andromeda, I have played all mass effects games and andromeda is hands down my favorite, I ecven did a marathon playthrough of all 4 and still liked it the most, yet people irrationally hate it, sigh. I so wanted a mass effect andromeda 2, but at this rate it will be some janky mass effect '4' and you will be shephards grandkid or something dumb.
    More likely is a Mass Effect prequel. That said, I also rather enjoyed ME:A and I wish it would have at least resolved the Quarian Ark in a DLC or something.

But I also totally get the criticism. It's a great game, but it's also much less of a Mass Effect game than previous games in the franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

It's about time I visited Tali vas Normandy again. I'll be in for the whole collection, but might just replay part 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    This news is exciting as all of the games could use a modernization. However, I was kind of hoping they'd all be made "similar" in the sense that gameplay & graphics style would be similar across all three of the games. It just sounds like they are modernizing each game in their own way.
    To be fair, they would probably need to remake the first game from ground up to get it closer to the other two. The first one was really different, in a lot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    More likely is a Mass Effect prequel. That said, I also rather enjoyed ME:A and I wish it would have at least resolved the Quarian Ark in a DLC or something.

They semi-resolved it in a comic, if you like I can spoil it here:
    https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Keelah_Si%27yah

More what happened though and not the 'present', i too would borderline kill for a DLC even now for Andromeda.

It felt more like a mass effect to me but hey ho different strokes for different folks.
    Last edited by Sorrowseer; 2020-11-09 at 03:54 PM.

depending on the price point i might actually buy this. i have only play ME3 and andromeda, so experiencing ME1 + ME2 + all DLC might actually make this worth the money.
    looking forward to some reviews to see if its worth checking out.

Sign me up.
    Do you hear the voices too?

quick question.
    i never played it so what is the problem with andromeda?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    quick question.
    It was a janky mess at launch in bad/hilarious ways. The story is generally viewed as not quite as good IIRC, gameplay is friggin great but the "BioWare" elements were apparently lacking.

I played well after it was patched and it was still pretty rough around the edges, but IMO it was about as good as most of the other entries outside of the jank cutscenes etc.

quick question.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KWkao73HuU

this is all you need to know about ME:A

10+ Year Old Account
    I also think that ME:A was not the "devil" it was made to be by some more rabid fans.

I do think, however, that it was too weak of an entry story-wise to jumpstart another trilogy as they surely intended. It just did not live up to the grandeur of ME1 and expectation of what was supposed a new epic story.

quick question.
    Bugged, rushed, unmemorable and unlikable companions, SJW elements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KWkao73HuU

this is all you need to know about ME:A
    I think videos like this are just silly memes. Bioware fucked up with animations and such, but it's not really why Andromeda did not take off. Ultimately the story was not grand enough.

It's just like case of ME1 - nobody really praises it for some insane breakthroughs in animations or such for its time. It was simply a great story that was asking for more.

Despite its flaws, ME:A 100 percent deserved a sequel to see if it found its footing. It was an enjoyable game even if it couldn't hold a candle to the originals.

Andromeda is honestly more like 1 than 2 or 3 were, it managed to recapture the sense of exploring a completely alien galaxy.

It kicks into gear after the first half of the game tho, which combined with it being a buggy mess at launch are where most of the bad reviews come from I think

If I have to play this on or log in to EA Origin or whatever it's called, nah mang.

The complaints about ME:A were overblown. It was a good game if a tad repetitive (if you decided to 100% it)

First game needs facelift much more than the other two. It felt dated even when released. Not sure if they can do anything reasonable about that, just some upscaling won't help much.

10+ Year Old Account
    quick question.
    Story and writing issues in combination with bad animation work.

The actual gameplay when you're moving about and shooting things in the face is the best the series has ever been at, but the other half didn't really hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think videos like this are just silly memes. Bioware fucked up with animations and such, but it's not really why Andromeda did not take off. Ultimately the story was not grand enough.

It's just like case of ME1 - nobody really praises it for some insane breakthroughs in animations or such for its time. It was simply a great story that was asking for more.
    Which i don't get, to me it was far more epic, colonising an entirely new glaxy, thats massive, but alas, numbers.

Which i don't get, to me it was far more epic, colonising an entirely new glaxy, thats massive, but alas, numbers.
    The premise was more epic. The actual storytelling and execution was weak, and those matter a lot more then the premise.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death