10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Then “compromise”. Don’t cancel it, simply let it be eliminated by a typical bankruptcy.
    Then the entire house of cards falls. Part of why we can keep pumping money into this bubble is because there is no forgiveness.

Not saying you're wrong. I'm saying Id rather not live through another great recession that could easily turn into the the Great Depression 2.0. Especially in these times, when it means giving the next republican challenger in 2024, an entire box of free ammo. And this ammo explodes on impact.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2020-11-09 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    There is no way we're canceling any student debt. Its a bigger bubble than the housing market was.
    Considering the entirely of student debt was less than half of this years deficit, it could easily be justified by Democrats. They could literally add it to next years budget, and they'd still have spent less than Trump did.

You think the cost/worth of education is what's at stake with a financial bubble this large bursting?

Honest question.
    Who's the bubble bursting for? The federal government? Add it to the deficit that's already been piling up. All it does is free up millions from huge student loan debt that...allows them to spend more money and help the economy, rather than simply pay the government for outstanding loans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Considering the entirely of student debt was less than half of this years deficit, it could easily be justified by Democrats. They could literally add it to next years budget, and they'd still have spent less than Trump did.
    Thats a big what if.

Thats a big what if.
    I mean, if Republicans suddenly decide after four years that they actually DO pretend to give a shit about the debt/deficit, maybe.

But imagine being the party that is holding up forgiving student loan debt for a group of people that just showed the fuck up to vote in a big way. That'd make the party a political loser with a newly energized voting demographic.

Thats a big what if.
    I'm not supportive of doing it, but more was literally done this year, and the GOP and the Trumpsters barely batted an eye.

Is the GOP going to go back to lying about caring about the deficit? The Dems can tell them all to fuck off, for being blatant hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, if Republicans suddenly decide after four years that they actually DO pretend to give a shit about the debt/deficit, maybe.

But imagine being the party that is holding up forgiving student loan debt for a group of people that just showed the fuck up to vote in a big way. That'd make the party a political loser with a newly energized voting demographic.
    Graham has already said they're going to start caring about the debt again...

McConnell is so out of touch, just like Mitt Romney. And just huge liars.

Both can eat my shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, in Coruscant England ...

This guy ....

I propose Biden makes a budget for Lin-Miranda Manuel to go full Hamilton on Churchill
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Graham has already said they're going to start caring about the debt again...
    Someone get me a Mint Julip STAT! I'm starting to feel the vapors, and I do declare that I might need to get some of that ocean air to calm down my tempers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not supportive of doing it, but more was literally done this year, and the GOP and the Trumpsters barely batted an eye.

Is the GOP going to go back to lying about caring about the deficit? The Dems can tell them all to fuck off, for being blatant hypocrites.
    It wont happen. We have the bubble stabilized by propping it up. No one is going to rock that boat, and if someone tries, they will fail. Horribly.

And yes, I'm sure on Jan 24th, budgets and deficits will be back on the FoxNews menu.

Just a quick question in-between Off-Topic debates: Are any GOP protesting the results of House/Senate/Governor races or just the Presidential? I don't seem to see any outrage over those outcomes where GOP lost. "Strange".

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Fuck, not this again. That article was made right after the election, before the last 10m votes were tabulated. Total turnout was 136m, not 126m.
    And the article mentions that...it also mentions that it would take 18.7 million additional votes to surpass 2008.

While election officials are still tabulating ballots, the 126 million votes already counted means about 55% of voting age citizens cast ballots this year.
    That measure of turnout is the lowest in a presidential election since 1996, when 53.5% of voting-age citizens turned out.
    As election officials go through outstanding ballots -- such as provisional ballots and those with write-ins -- the turnout figures will change.

But it would take another 18.7 million votes to reach the high point for turnout of 2008, when nearly 64% of voting age citizens cast a ballot.
    The difference between 136 million and 126 million is 10 million. So even with that difference...that's still over 8 million votes.

It wont happen. We have the bubble stabilized by propping it up. No one is going to rock that boat, and if someone tries, they will fail. Horribly.

And yes, I'm sure on Jan 24th, budgets and deficits will be back on the FoxNews menu.
    It's some hilarious irony that the Democrats are more fiscally responsible, and more in favor of small government, than the GOP is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Just a quick question in-between Off-Topic debates: Are any GOP protesting the results of House/Senate/Governor races or just the Presidential? I don't seem to see any outrage over those outcomes where GOP lost. "Strange".
    I'm hearing that all elections in AZ were "FAKE VOTES", but I still haven't seen any evidence of any fake votes.

Nope. But very simple logic never factors into conservative thinking.

Just the president so far, they like all the other results from what I can tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's some hilarious irony that the Democrats are more fiscally responsible, and more in favor of small government, than the GOP is.
    Oh, they are going to try and erase the last 4 years and act like "WHAT'D I DO" -Randy Marsh-.

I just read that turtle power is saying he wants to start focusing on the deficit again. . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    At this point I am really wondering what kind of kompromat they have on Pence and Graham. Both seem incredibly willing to go down with this ship, and we know neither of them has a developed sense of personal loyalty.