Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Just reading through this thread, I find it unbelievably sad people would kick others from groups because of how they choose to spend their money on something that doesn't affect gameplay whatsoever. Really really sad.
    Quite a few people believe that if they keep adding more things to the store with more detail to it than the items aquirable by actual gameplay its a direction that will hurt the game in a long-term. Imagine a future of the game where all the cool things are put on the store behind 25$ or more, and all the gear in game looks blend and boring in comparison with much less detail.

Thats a scenario that isnt far fetched at all if the company decides to emphazise more on putting things on the store.
    Best thing you can do is vote with your wallet, but some people like to take it even further than that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I buy mounts and pets all the time. I proudly display them any chance I get. I have never been kicked from LFR or any pug. I think you're just projecting your envy onto others.

I got the transmog onesie because people hated it. I fully support the cash shop. It's pretty simple. If you don't like the items then don't buy it. No one will kick you from your weekly lfr because you're poor.
    You proudly display them any chance you get? That's a really weird thing to be proud of.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Quite a few people believe that if they keep adding more things to the store with more detail to it than the items aquirable by actual gameplay its a direction that will hurt the game in a long-term. Imagine a future of the game where all the cool things are put on the store behind 25$ or more, and all the gear in game looks blend and boring in comparison with much less detail.

Thats a scenario that isnt far fetched at all if the company decides to emphazise more on putting things on the store.
    Best thing you can do is vote with your wallet, but some people like to take it even further than that.
    So far Blizzard hasn't though. I somewhat agree that in-game obtainable sets should be just as good, if not better looking as ones you'd hypothetically be able to buy.

What I don't agree with is punishing players who decide to spend their money how they like by kicking them from groups for having paid for something.

As you say, if you want to protest against the store, do it with your wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    Honestly, I hope they do enter the tmog market on the store. I think it would be great and any revenue stream that can help keep the game running short of pay to win is a win in my book. As an aging player myself, I think tmog has saved the game to a certain extent for me just because it gives me something to mess around with when bored from doing other stuff.
    Doesn't really increase longevity when all i takes if 5 seconds to enter your credit card to get all the new stuff.

Imagine a future of the game where all the cool things are put on the store behind 25$ or more, and all the gear in game looks blend and boring in comparison with much less detail.
    We don't need to go to the future to imagine this. Look at the present and you will find exclusive mounts in the game store.
    And what has changed mine or your game play? What has changed our fun?
    You talk about the future, right? Let's talk about TIME then ...
    How long does it take a normal player to get Arthas horse: Invencible ??
    1 month? 2 months? 1 year?
    "Oh but it's super cool to make IceCrown 1000 times until it drops"
    No, it's not.
    Do you know how much money I earn in 1 year time ???
    So ... maybe for people like me (and like some goblins) where "time is money friend" .... simply paying to have the invincible is a more pleasant option.
    And yes ... for other people who find it more pleasant to do Icecrown 1000 times ... the option is already there.

- - - Updated - - -

Just reading through this thread, I find it unbelievably sad people would kick others from groups because of how they choose to spend their money on something that doesn't affect gameplay whatsoever. Really really sad.
    totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    We don't need to go to the future to imagine this. Look at the present and you will find exclusive mounts in the game store.
    And what has changed mine or your game play? What has changed our fun?
    You talk about the future, right? Let's talk about TIME then ...
    How long does it take a normal player to get Arthas horse: Invencible ??
    1 month? 2 months? 1 year?
    "Oh but it's super cool to make IceCrown 1000 times until it drops"
    No, it's not.
    Do you know how much money I earn in 1 year time ???
    So ... maybe for people like me (and like some goblins) where "time is money friend" .... simply paying to have the invincible is a more pleasant option.
    And yes ... for other people who find it more pleasant to do Icecrown 1000 times ... the option is already there.
    Personally this would cheapen the experience and the 'uniqueness/coolness' of the mounts for me.

I believe the Final Fantasy MMO has the kind of in-game shop that you're asking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, just no. You want to protest against the practice? Stop paying and playing the game then. Other players buying transmog/mounts that doesn't affect you at all being kicked is simply a major dick move.
    It does affect me. It affects me in the sense that blizzard is withholding content from me that was created with aid of my contributions.

Its protesting, and I'm free to do that. Its a lot more sad that you don't think I should have a right to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    It does affect me. It affects me in the sense that blizzard is withholding content from me that was created with aid of my contributions.

Its protesting, and I'm free to do that. Its a lot more sad that you don't think I should have a right to do that.
    You don't.

Your idea of protest is to basically break the windows of random houses because you're pissed with the system. You're basically BLM.

Lot of petty people in the world, sadly. As depressing and infuriating as it is to see in a video game, it's even WORSE when people make political decisions out of sheer pettiness. Those can mean actual life and death, and/or the loss of democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not inviting people to groups in a videogame is comparable to vandalism and racism now? Lmao

Not inviting people to groups in a videogame is comparable to vandalism and racism now? Lmao
    Hurting random people because you're pissed with the system, can take all sorts of forms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Anrakyr View Post
    Hurting random people because you're pissed with the system, can take all sorts of forms.
    I'm pissed at the system, and even more at the people that support it. I don't hurt anyone. I just don't invite you to my groups.
    This is something you bring on yourself for supporting a bad business practice. Its anything but random.

Personally this would cheapen the experience and the 'uniqueness/coolness' of the mounts for me.

I believe the Final Fantasy MMO has the kind of in-game shop that you're asking for.
    I think I prefer to wait a bit in the natural way of things and see wow it becomes FFXIV.

I'm pissed at the system, and even more at the people that support it. I don't hurt anyone. I just don't invite you to my groups.
    This is something you bring on yourself for supporting a bad business practice. Its anything but random.
    So you don't consider that by rejecting people based on your personal grievance, you are actually getting back at them in some way. Then why are you rejecting them? If you don't think they are negatively affected by your actions, ergo hurt, then why do you care about rejecting them or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    black smoke effect? what, so you can draw penises with your smoke in SW/org?

in any case, not interested. mounts and transmogs are, in their most basic form, skins. that's it. they are only skins. they give you no performance benefit or other advantage, unless you count "expressing yourself" as an advantage?
    It is at the Trial of Style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Anrakyr View Post
    So you don't consider that by rejecting people based on your personal grievance, you are actually getting back at them in some way. Then why are you rejecting them? If you don't think they are negatively affected by your actions, ergo hurt, then why do you care about rejecting them or not?
    Because the point is not to hurt them emotionally. The point is that they have to realize that these things are bad for the game and by playing into blizzards hands with it there will be consequences through accountability by other players.

The ultimate goal is not to give the person in question a bad time.
    The ultimate goal is for them to understand what these things mean for the game.
    As the only way you can see these things as a positive influence for the game is by not understanding the repercussions that come with it.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2020-11-09 at 08:56 PM.

Lot of petty people in the world, sadly. As depressing and infuriating as it is to see in a video game, it's even WORSE when people make political decisions out of sheer pettiness. Those can mean actual life and death, and/or the loss of democracy.

I think what people forget is they have always been putting the 6 month sub perk on the store.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Because the point is not to hurt them emotionally. The point is that they have to realize that these things are bad for the game and by playing into blizzards hands with it there will be consequences through accountability by other players.

The ultimate goal is not to give the person in question a bad time.
    The ultimate goal is for them to understand what these things mean for the game.
    As the only way you can see these things as a positive influence for the game is by not understanding the repercussions that come with it.
    "I beat you up because I love you".

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its justified, too. That's just people holding others accountable for playing into blizzards hands with these things.
    A good many people, and while I can't prove it I'd wager it would be most since the majority of us don't have endless streams of money, don't want these practises to expand and find their way into the game even more than they already have.

As such, the only way you can make a statement on these things is by holding others accountable and speaking out against it.
    15-25$ here and there constitutes an endless stream of money? What? It's not like Blizzard puts out new stuff every month or has a shop comparable to other F2P games like Tera. Not to mention everyone loves to say how WOW isn't F2P, which it isn't, but have you actually tried any "F2P" game? They really aren't "F2P if you want to actually play them. Without a sub, you're at a huge detriment, so much so that playing with out a sub is basically worthless, some MMOs don't even let you equip certain slots or epic loot.

You aren't justified in anything, you're just being petty, Blizzard can run their game however they want and people can play it however they want. This isn't your game, you don't have any right to tell or force others into anything and your weird morals on Subscription based games selling cosmetics is just that, your own personal morals, they don't justify shit. Being an asshole to other players for enjoying things is, well, being an asshole no matter how you slice it.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2020-11-09 at 09:04 PM.