Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LCSscallywag View Post
    they tested the waters previously with the helm transmogs and weapon effects.

they recently removed em from the shop I thought? I never saw anyone in game with those transmog effects.

but they were also pretty lame overall.
    I have them (bought one, other two were a gift), but rarely use them, because the implementation was so sloppy. I think I've used Crown of Eternal Winter on two Frost DKs, NEVER used the other two because they looked too silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Anrakyr View Post
    "I beat you up because I love you".
    Thats one way of looking at it. I for one just consider myself passionate and hate to see the game steering into this direction.
    You can't have a box price, charge for expansions, charge a subscription.. and then also make people pay for ingame items. That's just too much fuckery.

I want a game where everyone is equal, like we had in the past. And I'm standing up for it.
    You won't guilt trip me into not standing up for what I believe in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    15-25$ here and there constitutes an endless stream of money? What? It's not like Blizzard puts out new stuff every month or has a shop comparable to other F2P games like Tera. Not to mention everyone loves to mention how WOW isn't F2P, but have you actually tried any "F2P" game? Without a sub, you're at a huge detriment, so much so that playing with out a sub is basically worthless, some MMOs don't even let you equip certain slots or epic loot.

You aren't justified in anything, you're just being petty, Blizzard can run their game however they want and people can play it however they want. This isn't your game, you don't have any right to tell or force others into anything and your weird morals on Subscription based games selling cosmetics is just that, your own personal morals, they don't justify shit. Being an asshole to other players for enjoying things is, well, being an asshole no matter how you slice it.
    There are so many contradictions in your post it's embarrassing, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    There are so many contradictions in your post it's embarrassing, honestly.
    Care to, you know, tell me what those might be?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Yep and Nope. Also... Go in game store. There is a new tab called "Transmog". U can find the xmog being sold there separately.

And for people who don't want Blizzard to sell cool xmogs (like mounts) ..well .. something tells me that they wouldn't create a new tab just to sell 1 xmog ...
    Im still waiting for the day allied races are on the store.

well since they introduced transmoggin i don´t care. the old days where you saw a char and were like "damn look at that sword he has from "omgwtfboss", he is a real badass" are long gone so they can sell whatever they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Care to, you know, tell me what those might be?
    Sure.

15-25$ here and there constitutes an endless stream of money? What? It's not like Blizzard puts out new stuff every month or has a shop comparable to other F2P games like Tera. Not to mention everyone loves to say how WOW isn't F2P, which it isn't, but have you actually tried any "F2P" game? They really aren't "F2P if you want to actually play them. Without a sub, you're at a huge detriment, so much so that playing with out a sub is basically worthless, some MMOs don't even let you equip certain slots or epic loot.
    I know. I played them. And I was more accepting of these kinds of things there because they didn't triple charge you for all sorts of shit.
    Yet the games where none of these systems existed and there was just one monetary (or at most 2, in case of expansions) method have always been an objectively better user experience.

You aren't justified in anything, you're just being petty, Blizzard can run their game however they want and people can play it however they want. This isn't your game, you don't have any right to tell or force others into anything and your weird morals on Subscription based games selling cosmetics is just that, your own personal morals, they don't justify shit. Being an asshole to other players for enjoying things is, well, being an asshole no matter how you slice it.
    I can apply literally all of your arguments here to you as well. I can play the game however I want.
    You don't own the game and you don't have a right to anything I do or do not do within it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Im still waiting for the day allied races are on the store.
    Well.. why not?
    Sometimes world of warcraft is the same as world of real life:
    You can work hard for a long time in life and get a real love ... or You can work hard for a long time on the job ... and buy a real love. ♥❤

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure.

I know. I played them. And I was more accepting of these kinds of things there because they didn't triple charge you for all sorts of shit.
    Yet the games where none of these systems existed and there was just one monetary (or at most 2, in case of expansions) method have always been an objectively better user experience.

I can apply literally all of your arguments here to you as well. I can play the game however I want.
    You don't own the game and you don't have a right to anything I do or do not do within it.
    None of this points out any contradictions.

I also never said you can't play how you want, just that you aren't justified in "standing up to Blizzard" or however you see it by being an asshole to people who buy things. Do what you want but call it what it is.

10+ Year Old Account

I also never said you can't play how you want, just that you aren't justified in "standing up to Blizzard" or however you see it by being an asshole to people who buy things. Do what you want but call it what it is.
    What? If I can literally turn your own arguments against you without even changing a word, that is a contradiction.
    I see it as activism, you see it as spiteful. Which means you are missing the point entirely.

That doesn't surprise me really, I'm just way past explaining myself.

It is community policing. While its not the nicest thing to do it is one of the few things players can do to show their dissatisfaction outside of quitting to blizzard.

Sure.

You don't own the game and you don't have a right to anything I do or do not do within it
    Did you intentionally not read that person's reply or what happened? You're arguing against a point that was never made in an effort to make yourself seem better than them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Did you intentionally not read that person's reply or what happened? You're arguing against a point that was never made in an effort to make yourself seem better than them.
    You're implying that I do? I don't consider myself better than anyone else.
    I just have a certain opinion on how the game is being monetized and I stand against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Would you buy an xmog if it was really amazing?
    Yes, provided it looked good and I liked it. I'd totally be down for more fall/winter/summer themed outfits. Blizzard, for whatever reason, does not like to spend time on stuff like holiday rewards, etc. If paying them extra gets us more cosmetic stuff I actually want, I'd be all for it.

I will never understand why people care so much about this. Don't like it? Don't buy it. The fact that it's there and I won't be buying it doesn't negatively impact my gametime in the slightest.

I don't like bullying, but I hope people who spend real money on transmog gets every bit of ridicule they deserve ingame. Don't support Blizzard's greed. Don't buy stuff from the ingame store. They get more than enough money from the monthly subscriptions, it's frankly ridiculous that they spend development time on content locked behind real money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    I will never understand why people care so much about this. Don't like it? Don't buy it. The fact that it's there and I won't be buying it doesn't negatively impact my gametime in the slightest.
    It will in a future where the shop takes a more prevalent spot in the availability of quality items. This is my concern, because where does it end?
    As more and more people are indulged, the shop will keep expanding and ultimately it takes away from what is available in the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    The problem is people are already paying for these items via a subscription and by buying each expansion. It's using money from customers to develop more content to sell them rather then including it into the game. Worse the cash shop items tend to look an entire expansion ahead in terms of details in their design then mounts and transmogs that are currently obtainable.

I rather the resources are spent improving the quality of the game rather then hunting whales.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    I don't like bullying, but I hope people who spend real money on transmog gets every bit of ridicule they deserve ingame. Don't support Blizzard's greed. Don't buy stuff from the ingame store. They get more than enough money from the monthly subscriptions, it's frankly ridiculous that they spend development time on content locked behind real money.
    You...don't know how a public listed company actually works...

Yes, they do get enough money, but a public listed company needs to show CONSTANT GROWTH. That means that even if the profits are high, they need to be ever higher, otherwise it's considered that the company stagnates, and the shares will start to drop in value, shareholders will lose money and sell their shares, etc.

You see, it doesn't work like in the case of a mom&pop company that has good and constant sales, ensuring a steady profit. A public listed company needs to grow forever, so it has to look for ways to sell more and more shit no matter how ridiculous it becomes, OR to reduce expenses, such as firing personnel and selling assets should it come down to that.

Blizzard fired 800 employees, despite having profit, because that profit was just not enough to show GROWTH, so it had to be supplemented with some cost cuts, namely some expenses with salaries.

It's stupid and it's one those anomalies that occur in Capitalism, but they have to work with it.
    Last edited by Overlord Anrakyr; 2020-11-09 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    We kicked people from oQueue groups for flex, C-Mode or whatever if they had those helms on. It wasn’t because of the player but because we wanted people to stigmatize the store selling them
    That shows what kind of a toxic player you are. That behavior needs to be removed from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Anrakyr View Post
    You...don't know how a public listed company actually works...

Yes, they do get enough money but a public listed company needs to show CONSTANT GROWTH. That means that even if the profits are high, they need to be ever higher, otherwise it's considered that the company stagnates, and the shares will start to drop in value, shareholders will lose money and sell their shares, etc.

You see, it doesn't work like in the case of a mom&pop company that has good and constant sales, ensuring a steady profit. A public listed company needs to grow forever, so it has to look for ways to sell more and more shit no matter how ridiculous it becomes.

It's stupid and it's one those anomalies that occur in Capitalism.
    You can achieve growth by making good games for longevity rather than sell drugs for temporary pleasure.