Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pandyr, Pandaren, just give Pandaren edge lord hairstyles and beard and it's the same shit. Pandaren are whimsical, but that doesn't make them silly. The Shado-Pan are written as a feared and credible fighting military force, for example. Every race has its share of comic relief, even Orcs and Night Elves.

Also, while Mists of Pandaria was not my cup of tea, objectively, even I recognize Mists is one of the best expansions Blizzard has produced as it pertains to a total package of gameplay, class design, features, and content schedule. It might have been the most perfect expansion on all those fronts. To me, it just suffered from a lack of interesting lore, but that's wholly personal opinion. The story-telling wasn't bad per say, I just don't care much for Pandaren, not 3 years-worth of them and just their continent, anyway.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2020-11-10 at 12:01 AM.

The problem with Pandaren is they don't have druids. That is easily remedied though.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    The problem with Pandaren is they don't have druids. That is easily remedied though.
    Plot twist, Pandaren Guardian Druids will shapeshift into Turtles.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

What is best is subjective. I have been playing since Dec 04 and MoP remains my favorite expansion to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Pandaria was the worst expansion in WoW history, managing to allienate 30% of the playerbase almost from its release day and being the only reveal trailer with a negative like:dislike ratio, which has only slightly risen since then.

Metzen himself announced the end of the expansion as "the end of the whimsical pandas", not even referring to them as pandaren, and their presence in game since has been almost as unimportant as it was in Warcraft 3, where they played literally no part other than an optional character in a side campaign.

Pandaren and monks have remained through the years one of the least played races and classes, at one point going below even goblins and gnomes.

The "most requested and wanted" race, class and expansion in the game is perhaps the biggest lie that the vocal minority and blizzard ever told themselves.

^ these are all irrefutable facts, as they are backed by official numbers released by blizzard and/or a congregation of statistics from various sites, which even though not representative of millions of players, all paint the same picture, which is what statistics are in the end.
    I refute your "fact" that MoP was the worst expansion in WoW history. I played a warlock and MoP lock was the absolute best class the game has ever seen. Most people left not because of the content but because they felt the Pandaren were too cute and didn't fit into the WoW universe, even though the WoW art style is not exactly the grittiest in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeptus Astartes View Post
    Plot twist, Pandaren Guardian Druids will shapeshift into Turtles.
    That would actually be quite fitting, like the Wandering Isle.

It's called statistics and logic, it powers the very tool you're using to question the relevance of statistics and logic.
    Did you actually extrapolate the data from your map? MoP gradually decreased over time but WoD dropped drastically over time. Worst expansion? Is WoD oblivious to you with the amount of cut content, the horrible garrisons, the rushed expansion cause they knew it was a mess and decided to rush and work on legion. Actually look at your data than make your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    You lost me at that first sentence my dude. Especially considering MoP was followed up by WoD which many would give that spot. The "outrage" for MoP was pretty much relegated to the forums while I still o this day see people shit on WoD in game and other places online in general.

Real life called, it wanted to check on you:

You realize there was a steeper overall slope of subscriber loss in Cataclysm, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    You realize there was a steeper overall slope of subscriber loss in Cataclysm, right?
    I mean I myself quit during MoP but while super smart people like the OP link the very evidence that proves their own argument wrong I didn't quit because MoP was bad. At that point I'd been raiding pretty constantly since BC and I just didn't care enough to commit to even 10 mans. And for me without raiding WoW loses a lot of its appeal so I quit. Expansion was perfectly fine though if not my personal favorite.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

So the last expansion before the pruning that wins every "when was class design at it's best" poll on this site, is always up there in the "which was the best expansion" polls, had amazing, unique lore, arguably one of the most fun, pretty and engaging intro zones of any expansion, one of the most liked raids of all time (ToT) and which introduced a completely new evergreen game system is the worst expansion of all time?

OK.

And before the whining starts: Yes, it was not all fine. Daily quests were exhausting, not every raid was good, and SoO dragged on too long. But it is far, FAR from the worst expansion WoW has seen. And while not knowing the numbers I'd argue that it was commercially more successful than all expansions after it (maybe except Legion).

And Pandaren or Pandyr, really whats the difference?

Just another person making a bait thread to get some attention because they're lonely. Nothing new.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    I mean I myself quit during MoP but while super smart people like the OP link the very evidence that proves their own argument wrong I didn't quit because MoP was bad. At that point I'd been raiding pretty constantly since BC and I just didn't care enough to commit to even 10 mans. And for me without raiding WoW loses a lot of its appeal so I quit. Expansion was perfectly fine though if not my personal favorite.
    Yeah MoP is when I started playing casually, and I actually enjoyed what the expansion had to offer me as a casual at that point. Started to get serious again with Legion, I just wanted to take a break from the game for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Viking Pandaren? then, what are Vrykul for?
    If we make every race to be based on the same culture, then what's the point of having different races?
    This why we need cross breading within the WoW universe, it'll create fascinating storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavey View Post
    I just can't wait till we can have 1/2 and 1/2 races of characters, I seriously think that WoW has an almost eugenic world view.
    How many centaurs are their in real life? I'll wait. You need to know more about how inter specises bredding workds or to be more precise, does not, you can get things like ligers and mules but they are very close genetically and are pretty much always infertile, now ofc wowland has magic and no such thing as science so we get alleria and turalyons half breed son and we have garona a product of the r word and other such glowing examples mostly having one side being an orc parent, nice pattern there, so to say its a eugenic world view... nah mate... nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Pandyr, Pandaren, just give Pandaren edge lord hairstyles and beard and it's the same shit. Pandaren are whimsical, but that doesn't make them silly. The Shado-Pan are written as a feared and credible fighting military force, for example. Every race has its share of comic relief, even Orcs and Night Elves.

Also, while Mists of Pandaria was not my cup of tea, objectively, even I recognize Mists is one of the best expansions Blizzard has produced as it pertains to a total package of gameplay, class design, features, and content schedule. It might have been the most perfect expansion on all those fronts. To me, it just suffered from a lack of interesting lore, but that's wholly personal opinion. The story-telling wasn't bad per say, I just don't care much for Pandaren, not 3 years-worth of them and just their continent, anyway.
    Lol really? Their leader lost every battle we were alongside with him in, including against the shalalalala bullshit he was made to protect against, then got his ass kicked by an Orc despite having magic powers. Shadow-pan were a fucking joke, as was their whole misbegotten race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Real life called, it wanted to check on you:

Real life called it wanted to check on you.
    Wod was by far the worst expansion over literally any other.
    Also wow was already on a downward slide, so dont blame mop for the "fall"
    lets go 1 by 1

Vanilla, brand new game in a low market, constant growth then into tbc where that growth... starts to slow, as the playerbase hits its near cap and more and more wow clones are made.

TBC into wotlk, you can see the slowing and then eventual stagnation as the game hits its peak, the game is known all over the world, and everyone who will play it, is playing it. limitations now are other MMO's as the market is now flooded with mmos, and well people who dont want to play mmo's as its still sort of a niche genre.

Then wotlk into cata, as time passes a fair few players are going to leave, a lot have been playing for 7 years now, any game is going to lose players at year 7, peoples lives change and they get bored no matter what new is added. Plus the mmo market is starting to lower, mmo's are still coming out, but even at launch they are hitting abyssmal numbers like wildstar and swtor and ESO.

Cata to mop, slow decline with some stagnations at new content, and some grows at either new expansions or new content.

Wod, would you look at that fucking decline, holy, fucking, shit... come on you serious? how could you say that mop is the worst for its "30% reduction after launch" when THAT exists. Wod ran out of content QUICK and failed to appeal to many of the long term players, especially as the first patch came out and had 10 minutes of content with a twitter camera, and then the second patch came out releasing the third raid. the SECOND raid teir, and then THE EXPANSION ENDED. Wod had the lowest amounts of raids, and raid teirs, by fucking far.

- - - Updated - - -

It's called statistics and logic, it powers the very tool you're using to question the relevance of statistics and logic.
    except you cherry pick your data to somehow come to the conculusion mop is worse then wod...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You're starting to making less sense here. Are you implying other people quitting the game means I'm no longer allowed to think MoP was great?
    "Starting to make less sense here" have they ever made sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Well they could start speaking another language, then I'd have no fucking clue what they're saying.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Real life called it wanted to check on you.
    Wod was by far the worst expansion over literally any other.
    Also wow was already on a downward slide, so dont blame mop for the "fall"
    lets go 1 by 1

Vanilla, brand new game in a low market, constant growth then into tbc where that growth... starts to slow, as the playerbase hits its near cap and more and more wow clones are made.

TBC into wotlk, you can see the slowing and then eventual stagnation as the game hits its peak, the game is known all over the world, and everyone who will play it, is playing it. limitations now are other MMO's as the market is now flooded with mmos, and well people who dont want to play mmo's as its still sort of a niche genre.

Then wotlk into cata, as time passes a fair few players are going to leave, a lot have been playing for 7 years now, any game is going to lose players at year 7, peoples lives change and they get bored no matter what new is added. Plus the mmo market is starting to lower, mmo's are still coming out, but even at launch they are hitting abyssmal numbers like wildstar and swtor and ESO.

Cata to mop, slow decline with some stagnations at new content, and some grows at either new expansions or new content.

Wod, would you look at that fucking decline, holy, fucking, shit... come on you serious? how could you say that mop is the worst for its "30% reduction after launch" when THAT exists. Wod ran out of content QUICK and failed to appeal to many of the long term players, especially as the first patch came out and had 10 minutes of content with a twitter camera, and then the second patch came out releasing the third raid. the SECOND raid teir, and then THE EXPANSION ENDED. Wod had the lowest amounts of raids, and raid teirs, by fucking far.

- - - Updated - - -

except you cherry pick your data to somehow come to the conculusion mop is worse then wod...

- - - Updated - - -

WoD was bad because it overpromised and underdelivered.

Panda was bad because it was founded on a lie that was proved immediately such, and every year since, a continued lie.

The numbers don't lie. Everything that came out of panda is some of the least popular content in the game. At least Warlords produced Gul'Dan as a main villain. Literally nothing from panda was produced into WoD, and barely anything in Legion outside the artifacts for monks. BFA? What major presence did they have here?

WoD was bad because it overpromised and underdelivered.

Panda was bad because it was founded on a lie that was proved immediately such, and every year since, a continued lie.

The numbers don't lie. Everything that came out of panda is some of the least popular content in the game. At least Warlords produced Gul'Dan as a main villain. Literally nothing from panda was produced into WoD, and barely anything in Legion outside the artifacts for monks. BFA? What major presence did they have here?
    Have you played 8.3 by chance? Honest question
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing