Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    there had never been one with a successful housing system.
    Eso makes millions off their housing system and players make tons of cash off of housing items selling them to other players.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-11-08 at 04:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    No more bananas than WoW not having Myspace and Geocities intergration
    To be fair, MySpace is still around but is a music promotion type site and Geocities died out fully in 2019. But if you could explain why WoW needs to add a music promotion thing in the game, I'd be ears to hear the logic in that

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    And i help out by telling him a game where it is appropriate with a housing system
    That's the great thing about opinions, they are subjective. Never understood why anyone ever stood in the way of having more options in an MMO instead of fewer. As for successful housing, aside from a lack of interactive furniture, Star Wars: the Old Republic did pretty well for itself with 9 different strongholds and thousands of decorations. It's such a popular theme that it makes up 20% of their cash shop and 75% of where Roleplayers host their scenes. If you are not into RP, or housing, that's fine. But to brazenly be a jerk to someone who has shown interest prevents you from being the sort of person others feel they could have a meaningful dialogue exchange with. I hope you give it some thought and try to identify what your actual issue is with player housing.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    I agree lastime i checked owning my real house in real life is 1000% better then owning one in a fake world.
    The time you spend and enjoy in the game is not fake...it always makes me cringe when i hear people say stuff like ''its just a game bro who cares''...this mentality is just weird...ofc people care,and why wouldnt i want to spend more time in a game i enjoy on more things i enjoy?

Also this real house comparison is another cringy one....its like saying why play video games at all if i can just go outside and play in the sand....how immature does a person have to be to even make such a silly argument?

I guess you should just go fight in some foreign war and kill innocent civilians in real life instead of playing cod

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Garrisons are pretty much housing to me. Sure, it would be nice to have more than one option in terms of the location, but honestly, I can live with it
    Garrison isnt housing at all,it has zero actual customization,it was made as an expansion system,like azerite or covenant,it has player power tied to it

Housing would be like what wildstar had or something like fallou4,just cosmetic stuff like transmog only 10 times better,different home arhitectures,all kinds of customizations inside,they can even make a special crafting proffesion just for housing,they could have achvments for it that reward extra stuff,decorations you only get from pvp,raiding etc,the posibilities are endless,blizz is just lazy,we seen this everytime they try some new major content like cataclysm or wod,they dont want to hire people to do this,they only fire people so bobby gets an extra jet

So what's the positive to homes/housing? A place to hang and be able to change any aspect of yourself on the fly? Personally I don't see the need or personal benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    Didn't they try that with garrisons and it failed miserably?
    And now you'll have people chiming in with the "no true scotsman's" fallacy.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And now you'll have people chiming in with the "no true scotsman's" fallacy.
    noneed. Garrisions had next to no customization options. Ppl want to build their own hideout. choose the drapery and floor tiles and the like. Place a chair and a table where they feel like it and a trophy where they feel like it. Grow a fucking tree, anything rly.

Garrisions gave no such freedoms. I don't need to change any definition of player housing to assert that garrision was not the long wished for playerhousing what players wanted, in fact, im not sure even blizzard considered it as a player housing system.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want housing a lot, but only if they actually implement it like a base system, not just another rental system that will become irrelevant with the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    So what's the positive to homes/housing? A place to hang and be able to change any aspect of yourself on the fly? Personally I don't see the need or personal benefit.
    As a roleplayer, I spend time and gold giving myself amazing outfits, creating a very vivid and colorful backstory, and spend hours creating content and scenes in which my characters can all unfold in their own way, and their own space. The story is not rushed, or forced, but simply evolves and takes shape as the interactions with others proceed. Much the same way I invite friends into my own home for dinner, movie days (like watching a trilogy), a birthday party, a wedding reception, or even just a cold beer near the firepit at midnight in the back yard, I feel as though my characters would have similar ambitions and goals with their friends on Azeroth.

With player housing, I could have an instanced phase where I can group up with friends, or like in swtor give them a key to my house to keep on their key ring, decorate the place with some interactive tables, chairs, couches, and floor cushions, and simply move my group roleplay into a more secluded setting away from other roleplayers, or griefers. If my adventurer just returned home from several weeks of travelling and fighting the good fight, she might enjoy preparing a feast for her guildmates and cohorts and celebrate in the comfort of her own living room, bar area, or even backyard. The farm at Halfhill in Pandaria proved that outdoor phasing is a thing, so if instead of a shack on stilts, they added a full sized house instead, we'd have precisely what we are looking for.

Limiting player options, and mocking others for wanting something individualized and unique is not very productive. I am not suggesting you have done either, but much like everything else in this world... it hurts no one to allow others to have something they enjoy the same way PvErs and PvPers have things they enjoy already. We just want to add a little more RP to this RPG
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    As a roleplayer, I spend time and gold giving myself amazing outfits, creating a very vivid and colorful backstory, and spend hours creating content and scenes in which my characters can all unfold in their own way, and their own space. The story is not rushed, or forced, but simply evolves and takes shape as the interactions with others proceed. Much the same way I invite friends into my own home for dinner, movie days (like watching a trilogy), a birthday party, a wedding reception, or even just a cold beer near the firepit at midnight in the back yard, I feel as though my characters would have similar ambitions and goals with their friends on Azeroth.

With player housing, I could have an instanced phase where I can group up with friends, or like in swtor give them a key to my house to keep on their key ring, decorate the place with some interactive tables, chairs, couches, and floor cushions, and simply move my group roleplay into a more secluded setting away from other roleplayers, or griefers. If my adventurer just returned home from several weeks of travelling and fighting the good fight, she might enjoy preparing a feast for her guildmates and cohorts and celebrate in the comfort of her own living room, bar area, or even backyard. The farm at Halfhill in Pandaria proved that outdoor phasing is a thing, so if instead of a shack on stilts, they added a full sized house instead, we'd have precisely what we are looking for.

Limiting player options, and mocking others for wanting something individualized and unique is not very productive. I am not suggesting you have done either, but much like everything else in this world... it hurts no one to allow others to have something they enjoy the same way PvErs and PvPers have things they enjoy already. We just want to add a little more RP to this RPG
    I don't want to deny you guys of your hub, but I don't think it's the best use of wow producers time (producing expos). Very far from the initial but unfortunately I'm stuck there. Lol there's a part of me that doesn't believe that your RP is due to the game lifespan (as it should be imagined), but I'll admit I'm wrong you deserve the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I want housing a lot, but only if they actually implement it like a base system, not just another rental system that will become irrelevant with the next expansion.
    well an actual player housing wont ever become irrelevant,even if they stop supporting it after the expansion is out,many people today still like to hang out in their garrisons,and that has zero actual customization

look at fallout 4 as an example,the game came out in 2015,they added more building stuff like only in 2 patches?and i can still go today and spend days trying to make one big house,granted that game has 2 sides of building,the actual structure and inside decorations,wow would only have the decorations part

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    noneed. Garrisions had next to no customization options. Ppl want to build their own hideout. choose the drapery and floor tiles and the like. Place a chair and a table where they feel like it and a trophy where they feel like it. Grow a fucking tree, anything rly.

Garrisions gave no such freedoms. I don't need to change any definition of player housing to assert that garrision was not the long wished for playerhousing what players wanted, in fact, im not sure even blizzard considered it as a player housing system.
    Also another thing to add about a real player housing,if they are smart about it they will add a bunch of collectable customization stuff that come from achivments,pvp,raids,outdoor stuff,they could even make a profesion that is all about crafting stuff for a home,so you not only gain the gameplay of actualy making it look how you want,but the search for stuff,every raid could have some stuff,making people run current expansion old raids,imagine in bfa having stuff that look like uldir or coral stuff from azsharas palace

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    well an actual player housing wont ever become irrelevant,even if they stop supporting it after the expansion is out,many people today still like to hang out in their garrisons,and that has zero actual customization

look at fallout 4 as an example,the game came out in 2015,they added more building stuff like only in 2 patches?and i can still go today and spend days trying to make one big house,granted that game has 2 sides of building,the actual structure and inside decorations,wow would only have the decorations part

- - - Updated - - -

Also another thing to add about a real player housing,if they are smart about it they will add a bunch of collectable customization stuff that come from achivments,pvp,raids,outdoor stuff,they could even make a profesion that is all about crafting stuff for a home,so you not only gain the gameplay of actualy making it look how you want,but the search for stuff,every raid could have some stuff,making people run current expansion old raids,imagine in bfa having stuff that look like uldir or coral stuff from azsharas palace
    Or adding stuff in the cash shop

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    And how can that NOT be good for the health of the game. Your average player will go batshit crazy over the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

See? That didn't take long. Only took 18 minutes.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't mind if they add player housing, just as long as the rest of the game doesn't suffer. I personally wouldn't spend my time making a house or w/e the system offers, so if they did add it, I would also like if the don't force it on all the players and lock content behind it. Let it remain its own separate thing that I can forget exists if I don't invest time into it.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I honestly don't mind if they add player housing, just as long as the rest of the game doesn't suffer. I personally wouldn't spend my time making a house or w/e the system offers, so if they did add it, I would also like if the don't force it on all the players and lock content behind it. Let it remain its own separate thing that I can forget exists if I don't invest time into it.
    It should be exactly like how pet battles are. Introduced in MoP, the game didn't suffer because of it, start basic and add more stuff as the game goes on. It will create another community in WoW, exactly like the pet battle community.

People don't have to do it, but it is there for the ones who do, an MMO is the sum of its parts, the more the merrier. We need more systems that live with the expansion imo.

inb4 "I don't do it therefore it's not important".

Quote Originally Posted by CylomDashti View Post
    It should be exactly like how pet battles are. Introduced in MoP, the game didn't suffer because of it, start basic and add more stuff as the game goes on. It will create another community in WoW, exactly like the pet battle community.

People don't have to do it, but it is there for the ones who do, an MMO is the sum of its parts, the more the merrier. We need more systems that live with the expansion imo.

inb4 "I don't do it therefore it's not important".
    Because it hardly used any resources to create it. Player housing will use all the resources, there will be no other compelling content because there wioll be no resources left over, and it will keep people in their little instances. The game absolutely will suffer because people want to play house.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Player housing will use all the resources
    They should start slow, again, just like pet battling. The pets were already there, they just made a system for you to use them. The same applies here, they have a shitload amount of content that is just begging to be used for player housing, the only thing that will take resources would be creating a system for it and maybe a few more items.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    and it will keep people in their little instances
    Only if Blizzard designs it that way, look at every MMO with playerhousing, barely anyone stays inside, there is nothing to do. Keep /2 chat in cities and have it so you can't gather stuff/ work for stuff inside the house (the exact opposite of Garrisons).
    In fact, if anything it should be the opposite, have it so you need crafting material from all over the world, dungeons, raids, professions, quest items, rare mob drops. People will flock to the outside world to farm the items they want.
    You have no reason to stay inside your house in Runescape or Wildstar for example, the only times where you'd be inside is if you are customizing your house, or just want to afk in somewhere alone.

I doubt WoW could touch that of Wildstar and the playerbase would raise arms for any attempt at such.

Quote Originally Posted by CylomDashti View Post
    They should start slow, again, just like pet battling. The pets were already there, they just made a system for you to use them. The same applies here, they have a shitload amount of content that is just begging to be used for player housing, the only thing that will take resources would be creating a system for it and maybe a few more items.
    It is naive to think that is all it will take. The system itself is what will take a ton of resources and likely would takk all the resources for the entire expansion. It is nowhere near as simple as you make it out to be.

Only if Blizzard designs it that way, look at every MMO with playerhousing, barely anyone stays inside, there is nothing to do. Keep /2 chat in cities and have it so you can't gather stuff/ work for stuff inside the house (the exact opposite of Garrisons).
    In fact, if anything it should be the opposite, have it so you need crafting material from all over the world, dungeons, raids, professions, quest items, rare mob drops. People will flock to the outside world to farm the items they want.
    You have no reason to stay inside your house in Runescape or Wildstar for example, the only times where you'd be inside is if you are customizing your house, or just want to afk in somewhere alone.
    If you have an understanding of how Blizzard designs things, being parked in an instance will be the result. Look at Garrisons, but look at what Blizzard originally planned, not what it ended up being. They had to cut a ton of stuff out because they realized they did not have the time and resources to do it. This in an expansion, mind you, infamously known for having no content. So, if Garrisons were a significanlty stripped down version of Blizzard's original vision and they still had no content, imagine what player housing would cause the game. The housing would be the ONLY new content and therefore being forced to do it or have nothing to do. That will cause the game to suffer.

To get what you want means there will be no other content in the game. Resources are finite and they should be used to create more adventures in the world, not a Sims side game.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-11-10 at 10:30 AM.