Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    snip
    Interesting, do you have any legitimate proof that the in-game shop is what is keeping the game alive or is it just your opinion?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Sigh... here we go again explaining same thing in another thread.
    It does impact the game... in huge way.
    They are not making the game to be good.
    Money is the only thing that any company cares.

How Blizzard made money 10 years ago on WoW? By making the game crazy good and fullfilable for time investment and player to player interactions. Just check the huge success of Classic and (put the most known TBC/WotLK private server name here) as examples.
    Time passed and the game has changed alot by LFR, LFG, pet battles and other shit like that and many people left not liking these chagnes. How they want to fix not getting enough money from leaving subs and without investing much their time and resources? By doing microtransactions so Blizzard does not need to care about rest of the game... since people are willing to pay for this or even buy 6 months of playtime just to get another mount that they will not even use.

Yes.
    It does impact the game.
    Lol .... show me anyone who left the game because they added pet battles. Seriously dude, you have some issues if you support the guy who kicks people because they use store transmog that have zero power gains because they are cosmetics. Stop bullying people for cosmetics - if you don't want to spend a bit of extra cash on that stuff that's your problem, not anyone elses. If you don't like it, don't buy it or quit the game, but don't harass innocent players, thanks. Oh and also - people who only sub for one month per patch are the worst and bring nothing to the game or community, so it's good that Blizzard gives out goodies for players who stay subbed.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Lol .... show me anyone who left the game because they added pet battles.
    One of the reasons i and my friends left.

Seriously dude, you have some issues if you support the guy who kicks people because they use store transmog that have zero power gains because they are cosmetics.
    Show me post and quote that i support this.
    I will wait.

Stop bullying people for cosmetics - if you don't want to spend a bit of extra cash on goodies that's your problem, not anyone elses.
    Show me post and quote that i bully anyone for this.
    I will wait.

If you don't like it, don't buy it or quit the game, don't harass innocent players, thanks.
    Show me post and quote that i harass anyone for this.
    I will wait.
    ... oh and i already quit before Legion 1st big patch.

Oh and also - people who only sub for one month per patch are the worst and bring nothing to the game or community, so it's good that Blizzard gives out goodies for players who stay subbed.
    So... according to you if i do not like the game after checking for 1 month i should still pay for this?
    You said alot about your money... why do you want now to decide about mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Please provide some evidence that Blizzard has separate Milking Department completely removed from rest of the dev team pushing crap into Cash Shop.
    This is a long known fact. All you ahve to do is look at resources spent on the game before the cash shop and after it. You will see that they continue to spend more resources on WoW despite the cash shop. The cash shop is all down by members of the art team who focus on those things across all games.

Xmog idea is totally wrong. Id prefer to know if someone wears a powerful item, by its visual, like it used to be.

It does not impact the game in any way except keeping it in business long past what would have been it's expiration date.
    How can people skipping levels, people grinding gold to pay for their subscription, gold buying effecting inflation or people buying in game items and boosts with gold purchased with real money not impact the game? If it has no impact WTF are people buying?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    How can people skipping levels, people grinding gold to pay for their subscription, gold buying effecting inflation or people buying in game items and boosts with gold purchased with real money not impact the game? If it has no impact WTF are people buying?
    Gold buying/selling would exist with or without the shop. In fact, it has, and the main benefit of the token for Blizzard is a cost reduction for Customer Support. The level skipping doesn't impact the game for anybody but the skipper in any relevant way, especially with how fast it is to level now.

Inflation would be worse without the token, and is largely unrelated to it. Most of that came from the overly lucrative mission tables of WoD and Legion.

I wouldn't mind if they created some themed stuff that's either silly like the PJs or the Sprite Darter... or maybe even themed around other IPs.
    Like maybe a Protoss-inspired armor or a Diablo-inspired cosmetic effect... as long as it's not something that isn't intrinsic to Warcraft - like, say, Heritage Armors.

There are many examples that good game is good enough to make money without microtransactions.
    There isn't one thing in game that would keep people playing or spending money. Subs have been in decline since Cata. THe game is old. You just aren't going to get enough new players to replace those that leave and don't come back anymore no matter what you put in the game.

I've never said otherwise.
    But you acted like only those that hate it count. You aren't the only ones playing the game.

Yes... game shop is exactly the reason this game is still alive... you are 100% right.
    Classic is totally dead too...
    Classic is totally fueled by nostalgia. Tons of players left after that worre off and Blizzard obviously doesn't care how many players play because it is a paid sub to players who wouldn't be subbed at all otherwise.

Other genres of games are just more profitable.
    Because people are far more interested in them and don't care for MMO's anymore. YOu aren't going to retain those that don't care for the genre anymore or who want something else in their gaming.

I've got different view on literally anything you've just pointed out... but it is very subjective thing i guess.
    It isn't subjective. You are outright accusing devs of not caring about the game with zero evidence to support it. The devs are also long time players themselves so that tells you they absolutely do care Not caring leads them to not having a game to play that they love.

The problem is... there are more people leaving than coming in.
    Otherwise they would still show number of subs.
    That is not a problem. That is a part of the life cycle of every game. You will never grow subs continuously because there are a finite number of people in world. It is mathematically impossible. At some point in every game you will have m,ore people leaving the game than coming in.

Game shop is not here from 16 years... and saying the game would be dead otherwise is total clairvoyance.
    I neverf said it was. I said the cash shop has allowed the game to be here 16 years later. If they had not introduced the cash shop, This game would be dead or a "free to play" shell at this point.

That is exactly the problem.
    People that are not responsible for the game making these decisions.
    No it is not a problem. The cash shop is purely cosmetic and has zer bearing on game play. The devs should not be waiting their time on what cosmetics in teh game shop are for the game. Their time is spent on, you know, actually developing the game and it's play.

Again.
    It does but will not continue to change your mind anymore.
    You saying it does doesn't make it so. You have not given one iota of proof or legitimate that it does and everything stems from "I don't like the cash shop". So it does not impact the game no matter how many times you try to declare otherwise

Please dont de-rail the thread by trying to base your opinions as facts.

7+ Year Old Account
    One of the reasons i and my friends left.

Show me post and quote that i support this.
    I will wait.

Show me post and quote that i bully anyone for this.
    I will wait.

Show me post and quote that i harass anyone for this.
    I will wait.
    ... oh and i already quit before Legion 1st big patch.

So... according to you if i do not like the game after checking for 1 month i should still pay for this?
    You said alot about your money... why do you want now to decide about mine?
    If you don't like the game, why are you even posting in a forum about said game? Get over it ....

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Gold buying/selling would exist with or without the shop. In fact, it has, and the main benefit of the token for Blizzard is a cost reduction for Customer Support. The level skipping doesn't impact the game for anybody but the skipper in any relevant way, especially with how fast it is to level now.

Inflation would be worse without the token, and is largely unrelated to it. Most of that came from the overly lucrative mission tables of WoD and Legion.
    Except it would be correctly classed as cheating and you would risk your account taking part in such activities. Making it legal is a conflict of interest for the developers, is the latest gold sink just that or a way of increasing gold sales? If level skipping as such little effect, why have level expoliting (within game rules I might add) caused bans in the past?

Besides, this is not the point i want to make I wish to pick up on its the ludirious statement that the shop has no effect when it clearly does. Even so called cosmetic items have impacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Also the artistic quality of those sets is not that great really. Some of them are really shiny & have good effects, but none of them compare to the best tier armor sets in WoW, at least in my opinion.
    You may not like those armors sets from GW2, thats one subjective thing, but technically speaking the armor system used in GW2 is miles ahead of WoW's in that it permits things that we probably will never have in wow. They have real 3D models for each piece while wow does not. That makes wow armor sets look plain and boring in comparison.

If you don't like the game, why are you even posting in a forum about said game. Get over it ....
    1. There is no rule that you have to play the game to post here and you are not the person to decide about that.
    2. I still play Classic.
    3. I'd love to return to the retail if it is good. MTX do not make it probable tho so i am giving my opinions about it.

... and i like how you totally ignored showing me the quotes i asked for. It is easy to blame without any proof, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Except it would be correctly classed as cheating and you would risk your account taking part in such activities. Making it legal is a conflict of interest for the developers, is the latest gold sink just that or a way of increasing gold sales? If level skipping as such little effect, why have level expoliting (within game rules I might add) caused bans in the past?

Besides, this is not the point i want to make I wish to pick up on its the ludirious statement that the shop has no effect when it clearly does. Even so called cosmetic items have impacts.
    No it doesn't. YOu have provided no facts to back it up and yoru "proof" is "Because I say so". It has no impact whatsoever and every claim that has been made to claim otherwise was roundly been debunked.

The things that make transmogs desired are the looks, the efford (prestige) and the rarity. When putting a transmog set in the store it removes the efford and rarity factor. Its just a cheap skin that anyone can buy with 0 efford or gameplay involved. Even getting tier 1 still requires efford today, took me 4 months to get the final piece of it for my paladin alt.
    Iam very much in favor for more transmog and losening some of the restrictions but have it be ingame. My personal choice would be through professions, get people to grind the mats and patterns for it.

No people who bully others that use the shop into conforming to their ownj opinion should leave. Those that don't like the shop are free to leave themselves if it bothers them so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard tells you how to behave. And bullying others like you do is a banable offense.

The cash shop is a positive and doesn't harm the game. You are free to leave the game if it bothers you so much.
    Blizzard has zero issues with me kicking players from my group. I am not sure why you think they would?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is. You are denying them access to a part of the game because they don't conform to you opinion. So, you are bullying others into playing the game your way all while railing against it being done to you. Irony and hypocrisy.
    I am not worried about people who buy transmog items kicking me from groups. Again... hypocrisy isn't what you think it is. Me kicking people out of groups then going to go buy a transmog set for myself to enjoy is hypocrisy. Me kicking people out of groups who have bought transmog is having standards.

Ocean of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Please provide some evidence that Blizzard has separate Milking Department completely removed from rest of the dev team pushing crap into Cash Shop.
    Honestly if they didn't have such pushback from players it would have an entirely dedicated group of designers making content for the cash shop. The game has a weird middle ground right now where they sometimes take content from the pipeline meant as quest rewards and make it cash-shop - or they put some time into a purposefully new cash-shop item.

Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    Blizzard has zero issues with me kicking players from my group. I am not sure why you think they would?
    They really only care about actual hatred (Racism, bigotry in general) for that - and really it's not the kick part they care about but the reasoning. I highly doubt Blizzard actually cares about people being booted from wearing cash-shop items. Being a dick =/= punishable more often than not.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2020-11-10 at 01:34 PM.

Yeah, they have noticed this like 5 years ago when they added the first transmog to the store, which was since removed.

Crazy...at this rate we will have 1 new transmog item every 5 years or so.

As for kicking people for wearing a cash shop transmog...it's just a bunch of clown tall tales. No one even looks at people's gear for pugs these days, let alone at the transmog, it's all just RIO and ILVL. Even if you're claiming to be the 1 in 1000 people who do that, chances are you're just talking BS to make waves online. Imagine applying to join a pug and the leader wants to check your transmog before accepting you to find out if you have transmog that is purchased for real money. Come on man, no sane person is gonna be doing that.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-11-10 at 01:43 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    Nobody has reported you yet. When people star reporting you for bullying, they will respond.

I am not worried about people who buy transmog items kicking me from groups. Again... hypocrisy isn't what you think it is. Me kicking people out of groups then going to go buy a transmog set for myself to enjoy is hypocrisy. Me kicking people out of groups who have bought transmog is having standards.

Ocean of difference.
    You will when you are kicked from all groups because everyone knows you are bullying other players. Yours ts the behavior that need to be removed from the game. Also,your hypocrisy is bullying other players and telling them how to play the game but compalining when others tell you how to play the game. Textbook definition of hypocrisy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Honestly if they didn't have such pushback from players it would have an entirely dedicated group of designers making content for the cash shop. The game has a weird middle ground right now where they sometimes take content from the pipeline meant as quest rewards and make it cash-shop - or they put some time into a purposefully new cash-shop item.

They really only care about actual hatred (Racism, bigotry in general) for that - and really it's not the kick part they care about but the reasoning. I highly doubt Blizzard actually cares about people being booted from wearing cash-shop items. Being a dick =/= punishable more often than not.
    Harassment they do care about. That is a form of harassment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caradras View Post
    The things that make transmogs desired are the looks, the efford (prestige) and the rarity. When putting a transmog set in the store it removes the efford and rarity factor. Its just a cheap skin that anyone can buy with 0 efford or gameplay involved. Even getting tier 1 still requires efford today, took me 4 months to get the final piece of it for my paladin alt.
    Iam very much in favor for more transmog and losening some of the restrictions but have it be ingame. My personal choice would be through professions, get people to grind the mats and patterns for it.
    The only ones who care about prestige anymore are the ones railing against the cash shop which is where we get to the real truth of the matter. That is those against he cash shop want to get it in game so they can strut around Org/SW and get their e-peen stroked so they can feel like they are superior to everyone else. Almost nobody cares about prestige anymore and almost nobody cares about what you are wearing anymore either.