Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Would you buy an xmog if it was really amazing?

"Sprite Darter's Wings" is the first (and very strange ...) xmogs that Blizzard places in the game store. I remember when the "Celestial Steed" appeared and sparked the same debate: "Is selling mounts a good idea?" Will players accept an exclusive item that can only be purchased like a "Pay to Win" game?

Check this out: Despite turning the char into a complete clown (forgive me if you disagree) the xmog "Sprite Darter's Wings" is a success. I'm already getting tired of finding players using this in Azeroth.
    Imagine then ... if Blizzard creates special xmogs for specific classes like (for example) the first FULL BLACK set for rogues (a wish of many) with "smoke effect" and when you press sprint ... a huge trail of smoke black is left behind. (Blizzard, I would pay $ 500 on that. Just saying ...)

And you? Do you believe that the new era of "xmogs for sale" is coming?
    Would you buy it if they were special and badass (as with the mounts that are to sell) ??

EDIT:
    For something like this I sell my kidney and pay what Blizzard can order without problems:

you see gold mine i see old sink

would be finally something worth to spend in game old

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Nobody has reported you yet. When people star reporting you for bullying, they will respond.

You will when you are kicked from all groups because everyone knows you are bullying other players.
    Can you show the rules that say you are forced to invite everyone to your groups in the game, I looked but I cant find such a rule.

No it doesn't. YOu have provided no facts to back it up and yoru "proof" is "Because I say so". It has no impact whatsoever and every claim that has been made to claim otherwise was roundly been debunked.
    Then please tell me how
    people level skipping
    Gold inflation
    People buying boosts with bought gold
    People buying items with bought gold
    People grinding gold for subscriptions
    Blizzard putting gold sinks in to "maybe" increase gold sales
    dont have any impact. Why do people buy them if they have no impact. This should be good.

Could happen but will also cost them some customers.
    If they want to implement this model they need to get rid of the monthly fee first and embrace f2p.
    Personally I am completely against it, but if they continue with fee + f2p model at the same time, i am out

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody has reported you yet. When people star reporting you for bullying, they will respond.

You will when you are kicked from all groups because everyone knows you are bullying other players. Yours ts the behavior that need to be removed from the game. Also,your hypocrisy is bullying other players and telling them how to play the game but compalining when others tell you how to play the game. Textbook definition of hypocrisy.

- - - Updated - - -

Harassment they do care about. That is a form of harassment.

- - - Updated - - -

The only ones who care about prestige anymore are the ones railing against the cash shop which is where we get to the real truth of the matter. That is those against he cash shop want to get it in game so they can strut around Org/SW and get their e-peen stroked so they can feel like they are superior to everyone else. Almost nobody cares about prestige anymore and almost nobody cares about what you are wearing anymore either.
    If that is true, why is transmog such a big reward factor then? Mounts, pets and transmog make up the biggest part of the reward structure, if nobody cares about it, why is it working?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    They would have to introduce something amazing for me to consider paying for it. I think I'm pretty set on my Challenge Mode sets. Locks and Hunters have some really nice tier sets too.

You will when you are kicked from all groups because everyone knows you are bullying other players. Yours ts the behavior that need to be removed from the game. Also,your hypocrisy is bullying other players and telling them how to play the game but compalining when others tell you how to play the game. Textbook definition of hypocrisy.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The only ones who care about prestige anymore are the ones railing against the cash shop which is where we get to the real truth of the matter. That is those against he cash shop want to get it in game so they can strut around Org/SW and get their e-peen stroked so they can feel like they are superior to everyone else. Almost nobody cares about prestige anymore and almost nobody cares about what you are wearing anymore either.
    That isn't how this works and that isn't what hypocrisy is but I doubt I am going to change your mind on either.

Of course but I don't think this falls in line with anything but move on, /ignore and let the dickheads be dicks. Report it if you wish but I don't understand how Blizzard would do anything about it. A simple kick =/= harassment - but I don't know Blizzard's conditions of kicking someone for cosmetics is really... Harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    If they want to implement this model they need to get rid of the monthly fee first and embrace f2p.
    Personally I am completely against it, but if they continue with fee + f2p model at the same time, i am out
    So the mounts, pets, toys, services, and tokens wouldn't do it but transmog would? A weird line to make, all things considered.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2020-11-10 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If that is true, why is transmog such a big reward factor then? Mounts, pets and transmog make up the biggest part of the reward structure, if nobody cares about it, why is it working?
    It's not about prestige. It's about looks and collecting. They see something tha tlooks cool, they would like to have it. They don't care about who else has it or not. The only ones who care about prestige were the ones who had the incessant need of having their e-peen stroked in Org/SW. They were also the ones who railed against what they called "welfare epics". It's all about feeling superior to everyone else. All sane players don't care about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Of course but I don't think this falls in line with anything but move on, /ignore and let the dickheads be dicks. Report it if you wish but I don't understand how Blizzard would do anything about it. A simple kick =/= harassment - but I don't know Blizzard's conditions of kicking someone for cosmetics is really... Harassment.

So the mounts, pets, toys, services, and tokens wouldn't do it but transmog would? A weird line to make, all things considered.
    It isn't a simple kick when he is outright denying people access to content because they don't conform to his opinion and harrassing them.

It isn't a simple kick when he is outright denying people access to content because they don't conform to his opinion and harrassing them.
    Being kicked from a group doesnt equate to harrasment, I dont think there is anything ToS that dictates what rules a group-leader must follow when kicking group-members.

If you can find such a rule I apologize, but until then thats not harrassment.

While you're not technically wrong that's really hard to prove AND for it to be a punishable offense. You could refuse to allow vulpera into your guild and groups but I'm pretty positive that won't get you banned. Denying people for buying things is a dick move, but AFAIK not harassment nor punishable. If they start acting like dicks, harassing you and going out of their way to do these things... Sure, that I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post

I think mounts and toys were always bemoaned but it is getting to be a bit much. Transmog is one of the few reward caches they haven't utterly exhausted in the game or made meaningless.

It feels like a race to the bottom. Worse is they take money from people paying subscription fees to bar off content from the game to sell to the same people. Its like that pvp toy they claimed part of the sales were going to the pvp tournament only to cap the donation to their original promised reward then pocket all the extra funds.

I get the frustration. Rather then a cool quest line or an interesting achievement tied to this transmog we get asked for our credit card information. It just feels cheap and hollow.

In your opinion that is ofcourse.

In order for something to matter or be 'special' is to make it harder to obtain. That is why tier 3 is still so high valued, because its nearly impossible to get.

You also make it out to be something negative, 'e-peen'. I rather see it as incentive. How did someone get that awesome gear? by doing the hardest raid and so it will stimulate others to get into the same thing. This is a good thing for the game, its gets players engaged with each other. The shop does 0, just click a button and obtain a meaningless skin.

You also contradict yourself with your last sentence. If no one cares about what you are wearing, why bother having transmog, shop or ingame, at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Would you buy an xmog if it was really amazing?

"Sprite Darter's Wings" is the first (and very strange ...) xmogs that Blizzard places in the game store. I remember when the "Celestial Steed" appeared and sparked the same debate: "Is selling mounts a good idea?" Will players accept an exclusive item that can only be purchased like a "Pay to Win" game?

Check this out: Despite turning the char into a complete clown (forgive me if you disagree) the xmog "Sprite Darter's Wings" is a success. I'm already getting tired of finding players using this in Azeroth.
    Imagine then ... if Blizzard creates special xmogs for specific classes like (for example) the first FULL BLACK set for rogues (a wish of many) with "smoke effect" and when you press sprint ... a huge trail of smoke black is left behind. (Blizzard, I would pay $ 500 on that. Just saying ...)

And you? Do you believe that the new era of "xmogs for sale" is coming?
    Would you buy it if they were special and badass (as with the mounts that are to sell) ??

EDIT:
    For something like this I sell my kidney and pay what Blizzard can order without problems:

Like xmogs that activate when u enter and exit combat like this set would be sick. If u can program Worgen to change in between forms then u can do so with armor pieces too albeit it may be a headache to do so.

Now to address ur question, It could make sense, but u know as well as I that the playerbase, being as understanding as they are, would become livid with having to pay for something on top of their sub.

For all that its worth, I personally like your idea a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Caradras View Post
    In your opinion that is ofcourse.

In order for something to matter or be 'special' is to make it harder to obtain. That is why tier 3 is still so high valued, because its nearly impossible to get.

You also make it out to be something negative, 'e-peen'. I rather see it as incentive. How did someone get that awesome gear? by doing the hardest raid and so it will stimulate others to get into the same thing. This is a good thing for the game, its gets players engaged with each other. The shop does 0, just click a button and obtain a meaningless skin.
    Thethe idea is that players want to feel superior. They have something nobody else does. It doesn't matter how they got it, just that they have something that nobody else does. When the only reason you want something is to feel superior to others, that is a negative.

You also contradict yourself with your last sentence. If no one cares about what you are wearing, why bother having transmog, shop or ingame, at all?
    NO, I am ont contradicting myself. THe reason is that YOU care how you look. YOU think something is cool. What others think is irrelevant. When I buy mounts from the shop, I do not care what others think about it. I buy it because I think it is cool and I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Indeed it does. People who waste money on the shop should leave.
    As should the people who blind kick people from groups or guilds simply for owning something from the shop.

Thethe idea is that players want to feel superior. They have something nobody else does. It doesn't matter how they got it, just that they have something that nobody else does. When the only reason you want something is to feel superior to others, that is a negative.

NO, I am ont contradicting myself. THe reason is that YOU care how you look. YOU think something is cool. What others think is irrelevant. When I buy mounts from the shop, I do not care what others think about it. I buy it because I think it is cool and I want it.
    I dont think it has anything to do with being 'superior' more so its a sense of pride and accomplishment, to wear something that is rare and tells that you have overcome something particularly difficult in the game. This often makes other players stare in awe at said gear-outfit and makes them want to try their best to attain the same outfit, or at least inspire them to.

How is that a negative in any way? Or do you believe that everything in-game should be available to everyone just a click away for the right amount of $$$?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Please provide some evidence that Blizzard has separate Milking Department completely removed from rest of the dev team pushing crap into Cash Shop.
    Can you provide evidence for what YOU ae claiming? That the shop is taking away things from the live game?

Or is the idea that because it's on the store and not in the live game mean that, by default, it's taking away from the live game?

Please state where i said that i feel superior to other players. But nice way to ignore my argument and not adressing it.

you buy it because you want it, i would hope so. But please answer me this, wouldnt it be better if that same mount would be possible to get ingame? So that you actually have to play to get it, instead of pushing a button?

I have bought the celestial steed because i really like how it looks. But i would have appreciated it much more if it was a drop from algalon, a reward for a long quest chain or had some other means of getting it besides the shop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    You may not like those armors sets from GW2, thats one subjective thing, but technically speaking the armor system used in GW2 is miles ahead of WoW's in that it permits things that we probably will never have in wow. They have real 3D models for each piece while wow does not. That makes wow armor sets look plain and boring in comparison.
    I agree that their engine supports some really nice things, that is certainly true. Then again the "buttskirt" problem is still not completely resolved after 8 years, something wow never head to deal with. Maybe my perspective is different, because after having played GW2 for like 7000 hours all those shiny effects don't do it for me anymore and I like the design of armor sets in WoW way more.

I'tll be a huge bummer if they start selling out skill appearance sets, like PoE does, for example.