Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    I think mounts and toys were always bemoaned but it is getting to be a bit much. Transmog is one of the few reward caches they haven't utterly exhausted in the game or made meaningless.

It feels like a race to the bottom. Worse is they take money from people paying subscription fees to bar off content from the game to sell to the same people. Its like that pvp toy they claimed part of the sales were going to the pvp tournament only to cap the donation to their original promised reward then pocket all the extra funds.

I get the frustration. Rather then a cool quest line or an interesting achievement tied to this transmog we get asked for our credit card information. It just feels cheap and hollow.
    I'm not for the latter. It's stupid that they took the fae outfit meant for a questline reward (And other items) and put them on the cash-shop. But I'm also for more items on the cash-shop (And also a way to get them without paying too - sans gold grinds, because fuck that). It's in a really stupid state right now where they clearly don't have a dedicated cash shop team so it's a slow trickle of content either purposefully made or ripped from the development pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Caradras View Post
    Please state where i said that i feel superior to other players. But nice way to ignore my argument and not adressing it.

you buy it because you want it, i would hope so. But please answer me this, wouldnt it be better if that same mount would be possible to get ingame? So that you actually have to play to get it, instead of pushing a button?
    Last I checked, you push buttons to play the game too. ANd no it wouldn't be better because it is likely I would never get the mount in game as their are many that I have never gotten(see Headless Horseman's mount).

I have bought the celestial steed because i really like how it looks. But i would have appreciated it much more if it was a drop from algalon, a reward for a long quest chain or had some other means of getting it besides the shop.
    I appreciate it because it is a cool looking mount. I don't care how I got it. I got Ashes from Tempest Keep, but I don't appreciate it any more than any shop mount I bought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I'm not for the latter. It's stupid that they took the fae outfit meant for a questline reward (And other items) and put them on the cash-shop. But I'm also for more items on the cash-shop (And also a way to get them without paying too - sans gold grinds, because fuck that). It's in a really stupid state right now where they clearly don't have a dedicated cash shop team so it's a slow trickle of content either purposefully made or ripped from the development pipeline.
    Prove it. Show me where Blizz admits this.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Prove it. Show me where Blizz admits this.
    If you have any idea how game development works and how long ago the Fae outfit was datamined (And probably already finished before then) you'd be able to put 2 and 2 together. Same thing with that boat mount, same thing with many other promotional items. They get developed and produced at the same time as other assets, ones that go to quests, raids, and any other avenue.

It's not a secret at this point. Willingly waiting for Blizzard to say, "Yes, we produce assets and hand pick ones we like to use as promotional / cash-shop material" is just not going to happen. This isn't a conspiracy theory, that's just what they're doing. Then we sometimes get out of the blue cash-shop items or promotional material for tournaments or charities.

FWIW I do believe they are gearing up to actually dedicate more resources TO a cash-shop oriented team. The in-game shop we have now is way too telling and they're testing the waters / gearing up for it. But as is - the amount of content in there? WoW doesn't have a dedicated cash shop team. Realistically they have designers being put off to the side for a little while being told what to do or come up with ideas that they want to make at best.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2020-11-10 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Of course but I don't think this falls in line with anything but move on, /ignore and let the dickheads be dicks. Report it if you wish but I don't understand how Blizzard would do anything about it. A simple kick =/= harassment - but I don't know Blizzard's conditions of kicking someone for cosmetics is really... Harassment.

So the mounts, pets, toys, services, and tokens wouldn't do it but transmog would? A weird line to make, all things considered.
    I said "some customers", not "all", "most" or even "many".
    Exactly as the other this in the store has cost them customers.

That's fair enough, I don't think I personally am a relevant loss to them, but they are at a point where they should at least think about how few players a whale accepts, before he also quits. If they do that and come to the conclusion that e.g. 2 Million active players after 5 month of an expansion are as good as 2.1m, as long as 20% of the remaining players buy the transmog, that's a legitimate business decision.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not about prestige. It's about looks and collecting. They see something tha tlooks cool, they would like to have it. They don't care about who else has it or not. The only ones who care about prestige were the ones who had the incessant need of having their e-peen stroked in Org/SW. They were also the ones who railed against what they called "welfare epics". It's all about feeling superior to everyone else. All sane players don't care about that.

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't a simple kick when he is outright denying people access to content because they don't conform to his opinion and harrassing them.
    You associate prestigious rewards with a lot of negativity. I don't know what bad experience you had in the past, but I can assure you, that the importance of a working reward structure (no matter if power gain or collectibles) is a much more important reason to disagree with what is offered in the shop and how easy items can be obtained than enviousness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Or is the idea that because it's on the store and not in the live game mean that, by default, it's taking away from the live game?
    Precisely. Because they need to dedicate resources for making shit for the store, those resources are away from creating stuff for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    they tryed it and been bash about it
    anyone in game with those helmet they tested out are kick from raid the majority of time

why ? because you already pay full price for the game + subscrition each month, transmog should be only available while doing something in game

- - - Updated - - -

because its a pay game not a free game, cash shop should not even be there for mount/transmog things
    Welcome to 2020. This is common practice and you aren't entitled to everything in the game just because you paid your tiny admission fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Precisely. Because they need to dedicate resources for making shit for the store, those resources are away from creating stuff for the game.
    Source?

Specifically, on how creating a store item always intended to be in the store inherently removes or takes away from the resources from the game.

I see this claim a lot, and it does make some logical sense, but that doesn't make it true or confirm anything.

Alternate take: if they didn't have the income from the store, those same designers wouldn't have a position so they could get paid. Adding things to the cash shop is a way to pay the otherwise redundant artists during the low periods where there is less work for them.

Thinking a game like WoW has a static employment need across each expansion is lunacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Welcome to 2020. This is common practice and you aren't entitled to everything in the game just because you paid your tiny admission fee.
    We are entitled to try to get them. But now it is literally impossible because there is no way to earn the shit from the store by playing the game.

This discussion has now taken a turn to conspiracy theories like WoWs future rests on the shoulders of the in-game store.

Come on, man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Source?

Specifically, on how creating a store item always intended to be in the store inherently removes or takes away from the resources from the game.

I see this claim a lot, and it does make some logical sense, but that doesn't make it true or confirm anything.
    There are finite number of hours in a work day, and finite number of people employed by Blizz. When artists have to put hundred hours into making a flying pig for the store, that is hundred hours taken away from actual game content they could be doing instead.

That is not rocket science. Contrary to popular belief, Blizzard doesn't have infinite time and resources available to them.

There are finite number of hours in a work day, and finite number of people employed by Blizz. When artists have to put hundred hours into making a flying pig for the store, that is hundred hours taken away from actual game content they could be doing instead.

That is not rocket science. Contrary to popular belief, Blizzard doesn't have infinite time and resources available to them.
    If those hours were always intended, by Blizzard, to be used for that they're not really taking away anything from somewhere else.

You can disagree with where they're putting their resources, and say they could or should put them on the game rather than on the shop, but that's for them to manage.

I agree with the thought process, but your logic still doesn't confirm that they are taking resources from the game to work on store items.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would buy all the tans mogs from the shop, every one of them.... IF WoW was not already paying full price for a sub as well as for each expansion :P

sure they'll be exceptions, but I would feel really dirty afterwards :P

Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    Like xmogs that activate when u enter and exit combat like this set would be sick. If u can program Worgen to change in between forms then u can do so with armor pieces too albeit it may be a headache to do so.

Now to address ur question, It could make sense, but u know as well as I that the playerbase, being as understanding as they are, would become livid with having to pay for something on top of their sub.

For all that its worth, I personally like your idea a lot.
    Well it can be done .. warlock t6 has been activating the wings on jump for a while instead of randomly .. the question is ... why have the cooler version combat only? I'd like to look cool all the time instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Did you at least even tell them why? Else making your efforts completely useless. 9/10 people would have zero idea why they were kicked unless you told them specifically.
    Yes, we berated them for a long time before eventually kicking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Link your armory

Kicking people because they have an in game item is beyond ridiculous - I want to see what kind of player I'm looking at here
    It's kicking players for supporting a hurtful, exploitative practice.

Don't see how my armory would be relevant or why you would bother looking into it. I'm assuming you're offended, and I couldn't care less. Will be doing it again when/if they start selling xmogs again.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    You associate prestigious rewards with a lot of negativity. I don't know what bad experience you had in the past, but I can assure you, that the importance of a working reward structure (no matter if power gain or collectibles) is a much more important reason to disagree with what is offered in the shop and how easy items can be obtained than enviousness.
    They aren't prestigious awards. They are just pixels. It does not matter what others think. I do not care if others have what I don't. What I do care about is how something looks to ME. If I think it is cool, I will try to obtain it. I do not care what the method is. I feel no differently if I get it in the game or in the shop. It's a player problem if they envy what someone else has and it is not a legit argument against the shop..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post

Don't see how my armory would be relevant or why you would bother looking into it. I'm assuming you're offended, and I couldn't care less. Will be doing it again when/if they start selling xmogs again.
    NO it's you bullying others because they don't conform to your OPINION. Who made you sole arbiter of what the practice is? The fact that you berate others as well hows how toxic of a player you are. It is a plsyer the game does not need.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Yes, we berated them for a long time before eventually kicking.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever bought or sold a wow token? How about a collectors edition version of wow? Have you ever bought a server transfer or faction change? If so then you should be kicking yourself

Then wear a set you earned. Others buying things in no way prevents you from wearing a set you earned. Stop trying to dictate how others play the game. You already have the ability to play the game how you want.
    When did I "dictate" how others should play the game? All I said is that I understand that paid transmog sets would probably end up being looked down upon and how I, myself, would rather not buy it if it ever becomes a thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Would you buy an xmog if it was really amazing?

"Sprite Darter's Wings" is the first (and very strange ...) xmogs that Blizzard places in the game store. I remember when the "Celestial Steed" appeared and sparked the same debate: "Is selling mounts a good idea?" Will players accept an exclusive item that can only be purchased like a "Pay to Win" game?

Check this out: Despite turning the char into a complete clown (forgive me if you disagree) the xmog "Sprite Darter's Wings" is a success. I'm already getting tired of finding players using this in Azeroth.
    Imagine then ... if Blizzard creates special xmogs for specific classes like (for example) the first FULL BLACK set for rogues (a wish of many) with "smoke effect" and when you press sprint ... a huge trail of smoke black is left behind. (Blizzard, I would pay $ 500 on that. Just saying ...)

And you? Do you believe that the new era of "xmogs for sale" is coming?
    Would you buy it if they were special and badass (as with the mounts that are to sell) ??

EDIT:
    For something like this I sell my kidney and pay what Blizzard can order without problems:

Ofc It's succesful, ofc It will make money but It is wrong. We already pay for a sub, we pay for expansions every 2 years and ontop of that high prices for various services like char transfer (A bit redundant now with 50 char total per server FINALLY, as shards are now basically servers anyways and we unwittingly server transfer on a random basis ingame).

But these cosmetics should be EARNED ingame through quest lines, It's just that Blizzard does not know how to do proper sidequests or side questchains and they haven't since like Vanilla wow or TBC ish... Darrowshire questline springs to mind, or that ghost girl quest in Cear Darrow. These side quests can be there to not only do -some- fighting cause not all quests gotta be 'go kill 6 of this, take my gold and go' but worldbuilding. Characters talking, discussing what's happening, what happened before etc.

We could've gotten that sprite outfit via a long quest chain of 20 quests or so with the Night Fea (regardless of your conenant choice) and could've shed some light on their lore and story.

But, since gameplay first, story last mantra from Blizzard that will sadly never happen until Blizzard gets a huge leadership revamp. But I wouldn't actively encourage this, cause before you know It Activizzard will charge you the privilage of entering zones with gold or real money and that one video from Viva La Dirt League will be so much more real.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    I do believe we will see more Transmogs in the shop unfortunately.
    For me, it doesn't matter how cool it is - I'm not buying it our of principal.