7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully we get the Nathanos fight this week.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm actually wondering what made them decide to launch it based on EU timezones.
    They do? What time will it be? I t bought hbey went with midnight again, just to annoy us.

They have always launched based on US times in the past; no one in their right mind want a launch a midnight.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Just a coincidence really but I'd like to think something called "Cum Town" has influenced WoW in some way.
    All it needs is to have one WoW dev as a fan and it gets in.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    They do? What time will it be? I t bought hbey went with midnight again, just to annoy us.

They have always launched based on US times in the past; no one in their right mind want a launch a midnight.
    It's midnight EU server time, so the US will get it in the afternoon/evening, & the Asian/Oceanic servers will get it in the morning.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Annoy? Midnight releases/launches are great and far more memorable for everything, not only WoW. If anything I feel bad for NA/Chinese guys that no longer have this.

I'm actually wondering what made them decide to launch it based on EU timezones.
    Several thousand years of human history.

The launch is at 00:00 UTC, so at midnight on Prime Meridian which is located on Europe because that's where maritime conventions were created and solified during several centuries of navigating the seas.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2020-11-10 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Annoy? Midnight releases/launches are great and far more memorable for everything, not only WoW. If anything I feel bad for NA/Chinese guys that no longer have this.
    BfA midnight launch was shocking for a lot of us on Draenor at the time, as many people just went to bed after hours of shit not happening But issues like that aside, midnight launches are bloody awesome. I still remember Legion launch, where most of us packed it up around 14:00 to go to sleep, all woke up & our Resto Shaman was still going & sounded like a zombie

People can say it's unhealthy (and I guess they'd be right), but that first few days are so damn hype & worth taking the time off for if you're playing with some good dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    BfA midnight launch was shocking for a lot of us on Draenor at the time, as many people just went to bed after hours of shit not happening But issues like that aside, midnight launches are bloody awesome. I still remember Legion launch, where most of us packed it up around 14:00 to go to sleep, all woke up & our Resto Shaman was still going & sounded like a zombie

People can say it's unhealthy (and I guess they'd be right), but that first few days are so damn hype & worth taking the time off for if you're playing with some good dudes.
    The last few hours before launch are always great. Even the shittiest pre-patch in recent memory for WoD, coincidentally the one with possibly the shittiest opening experience gave me an absolute blast of a time waiting for Khadgar to give the introductory questline, wating around him in Stormwind spamming trade chat.

I have no doubts this launch will be anything less, especially now that I have more free time and have plans to have fun with other guildies at the same time.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Of course it's unhealthy, but we do it once per year (since I guess Classic launches will be a thing on odd years now). Just like we rather eat unhealthy on Christmas, it's not problem if you doesn't do it day by day ;D.

And yeah, high pop realms are always a risk. But to be honest, for me whole waiting for midnight and athmosphere around launch is best part, usually after midnight it get silent after 2-3 hours. My plan is to play until 3-4 AM, then sleep until 11 and play whole day, no point to zombie whole day.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's midnight EU server time, so the US will get it in the afternoon/evening, & the Asian/Oceanic servers will get it in the morning.
    Then the launch is still based on US times and favored as such.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Anyone think/hope we get this added in Shadowlands?

Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

It's a cool mystery, I have no idea what it would be used for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Midnight releases is the worst, as a minimum of players are able to attend, since most are sound asleep by then.

16ish or 17ish would probably be most ideal, as people have come home from work/school, where 8ish could also work for a lot of people..... But in the middle of the night?? Naaaah..

Then the launch is still based on US times and favored as such.
    Midnight is a significant time. US launch time is rather arbitrary. It's quite clearly not based on US times. US technically gets the expansion a day before the official launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Midnight releases is the worst, as a minimum of players are able to attend, since most are sound asleep by then.
    I think you need to get out more. There's plenty of people still up after midnight. Especially if there is anything notable happening.

At this point I honestly think it might be getting delayed until some kind of World Revamp, or an update that changes Azeroth to some extent. Where would this fit in Shadowlands (or BFA where it was first datamined)? It's just a generic tavern.

Maybe you can ACTUALLY play Hearthstone here and that's a major feature coming up?

- - - Updated - - -

Random fact of the day:

The Council of Blood in Castle Nathria is apparently named after hosts in a podcast called "Cum Town".

The hosts are Nick Mullen, Stavros Halkias, and Adam Friedland.

The Council is Castellan Niklaus, Lord Stavros and Baroness Frieda
    Adam being the woman makes this basically confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

You can kill Nathanos and get a weapon, but the cinematic is bugged right now.

7+ Year Old Account

Well.

This was weak.

Formerly known as Arafal

Good. She deserves nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you need to get out more. There's plenty of people still up after midnight. Especially if there is anything notable happening.
    On a night between tuesday and wednesday? No, not PLENTY... Some... A few... sure..

But the vast majority are sleeping at midnight on a weekday. Night-time releases are the worst time imaginable.. It cannot be worse... Even early (5ish) is better than 22-03 range.

This cinematic would have been 10/10 for me if at the end Tyrande countered Nathanos' smugness with a cold "you're wrong" and obliterated him, along with his soul. Instead we got blue-balled again, pretty much confirming that Nathanos is coming back in Shadowlands, probably as a raid boss in the instance where we take on Sylvanas.

---

Now, I think Blizzard wanted to give us a lore-significant enemy for the pre-patch, but they didn't want to end that character's story in a timed event. So we got Nathanos, but we didn't really kill him so that everyone can see his ending once the "Sylvanas raid" comes out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    This cinematic would have been 10/10 for me if at the end Tyrande countered Nathanos' smugness with a cold "you're wrong" and obliterated him, along with his soul. Instead we got blue-balled again, pretty much confirming that Nathanos is coming back in Shadowlands, probably as a raid boss in the instance where we take on Sylvanas.

---

Now, I think Blizzard wanted to give us a lore-significant enemy for the pre-patch, but they didn't want to end that character's story in a timed event. So we got Nathanos, but we didn't really kill him so that everyone can see his ending once the "Sylvanas raid" comes out.
    I mean, is she even able to destroy souls? And TBH, I am all for multiple deaths for Nathanos Smugass.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.