Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Your best rogue, that being said, warrior is the meta for melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    I guess you're talking about PR scene which I dont know anything about or care. But back in retail TBC rogues were used alot. That's why I can't be bothered with Classic with the ridiculous warrior stacking and all that and I don't see it changing for any better in TBC Classic.
    I completely get it, and I don’t advocate any PR meta at all tbh. Just pointing out what happens with raids today with tbc unfortunately. I hope the private server meta doesn’t reach tbc classic but it very well might

Rogue or warrior that is the most invested in the guild at that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    GM, someone the GM wants to or maybe is fucking, GMs friend, some that kisses the GMs ass. In that order of prio.
    This is the correct BC-era answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Sure, doesn't mean any guild worth anything will prio ret over rogues tho with cursed vision of sargeras.
    I raided TBC and cleared BT/sunwell as retri. I got our guilds first blindfold. /shrug. We didn't go super deep into the "AKHTUALLY WARRIORS GET 3.8% MORE DPS PER 20 AP" nerdisms, but we cleared everything in current content. Might be different nowadays, but BIS was BIS back then, regardless of class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it comes down to what rules your guild use. Obviously if you use DKP or EP/GP, it will come down to whoever can buy it.

If you use Loot Council, as I assume the question was aimed at, yes it's slightly better for Rogues, they should have prio. BUT this is something you should defenitly check before you join the guild and start doing Black Temple.

Cause even though Rogues should have prio, it's quite possible they would go like Rogue 1, Warrior 1, Warrior 2, Rogue 2 in the order, if those warriors are very dedicated to the guild or are like officers, so don't assume you get it early as a Rogue before you check all factors.

The difference for a Rogue and Warrior is because Sinister Strike > Whirlwind. These are the 2 abilities that should be compared when it comes to Glaives effectiveness.
    Bloodthirst has nothing to do with weapon speed or DPS, same with Heroic Strike its an auto attack + a static amount of damage. Eviscerate or Rupture as it will be the go to finisher in TBC has nothing to do with weapons.

So it comes down to SS vs WW where SS is the clear winner, because you can use it more often.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think however that already 99,99% of everyone knows this, and by the time a guild kills Illidan, they will defenitly know that, especially considering how much people have min-maxed Classic.

The question will not be what class who benefit from it, but rather what person, regardless of class, who deserve it. And I support that, I rather give it to a Warrior with 100% attendence who's been with us since Karazhan than a new Rogue who would outdps that warrior.

In the long run, you gotta reward the right people with these things in my opinion, even if the guild would "suffer" from it. Dedication (attendence etc) gotta mean the most.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    TF is unquestionably a tank weapon though no matter what.
    It is a hunter weapon, c'mon
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    The difference for a Rogue and Warrior is because Sinister Strike > Whirlwind. These are the 2 abilities that should be compared when it comes to Glaives effectiveness.
    Bloodthirst has nothing to do with weapon speed or DPS, same with Heroic Strike its an auto attack + a static amount of damage. Eviscerate or Rupture as it will be the go to finisher in TBC has nothing to do with weapons.

So it comes down to SS vs WW where SS is the clear winner, because you can use it more often.
    Your idea is complete nonsense, if you want to look at it objectively you just sim a before/after dps comparison with the second best options in a variety of combat situations and find a conclusion. You don't focus on a single ability damage outside of the context of how the overall spec functions, absolutely nonsensical.

And if you want to do that to your specific group then you also take other factors into account. If you're not a sweaty tryhard you consider who actually deserves it more as a human, because Rogue/Warrior is irrelevant in the end. Glaives are best for both classes, but the offhand alone is much more valuable to a Rogue (which isn't even debatable). The set bonus is exceptionally strong for both classes though.

Some groups wouldn't give it to a Warrior because they will have him playing Arms anyway, then again some groups won't even run a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    No dispute here. But by t6, weren't warriors outputting much more damage than rogues were or did my guild just have casual rogues? While it is clearly designed for rogues, do they actually result in greater overall raid dps in the hands of a rogue? Genuine curiosity not a rhetorical question.
    How it was in TBC is actually kinda irrelevant since the classes changed a lot over the course of the expansion and Classic will be stuck on 2.4.3. In early expansion Whirlwind didn't hit with the offhand, Sweeping Strikes was an Arms ability. By the end WW did hit with the offhand causing most Warriors to switch from dagger offhands to slow hitting offhands and Fury had Death Wish swapped to Sweeping Strikes, among other smaller changes.

If you look at 2.4.3 then Rogue doesn't really catch Warrior on single target until probably mid-late T5, it never catches Warrior on Cleave/AOE, throughout T6/Sunwell Rogue and Warrior are pretty much neck and neck on ST with the rogue having the edge on threat management (which is valuable). But Fury is often sidelined for Arms. Arms dps is pretty weak in pure single target but blood frenzy buffs the raid dps which in a physical heavy setup makes up for the difference while also offering more tank tps.

Then again you may still not take a Rogue, on private servers tanks geared much more for TPS than in TBC days so the Rogue threat advantage matters less and they can take a Fury Warrior + Arms to share buff/debuffing duties, unrestricted a Fury Warrior is pretty much = Rogue.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2020-11-09 at 05:36 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Faible View Post
    Hi. As the title states. Which class would be the priority for the blades of azzinoth? If we put aside factors such as possible guild contribution, attendence etc.
    Was it, is it going to be BIS?
    You would prioritize Rogues, then warriors. Since the lullmeta for warriors was titansgrip in Sunwell unless they had both glaives.

It'll be Rogues first, they better utilize it over Warriors. Then the first MH after Rogues will go to the Warrior Tank if they don't have Thunderfury.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    You would prioritize Rogues, then warriors. Since the lullmeta for warriors was titansgrip in Sunwell unless they had both glaives.
    Titans Grip wasn't a thing until the Wrath Pre-patch, it wouldn't be on Classic Burning Crusade.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Titans grip in TBC? You are a bit confused.

Titan's grip didn't exist in TBC. Even in Wrath pre-patch Titans Grip was shit at 70, all the one handed specs did more dps because you couldn't take Titans Grip while also picking up deep wounds, and deep wounds dps contribution was hilariously overpowered at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    I completely get it, and I don’t advocate any PR meta at all tbh. Just pointing out what happens with raids today with tbc unfortunately. I hope the private server meta doesn’t reach tbc classic but it very well might
    If Classic WoW tought us anything, it's that private server min maxing will be the meta. Roll out of it and get stamped as casual / noob. Sad but true

OT: GM & Friends. Just like Classic 60 with HoS / TF and soon Atiesh. There is a reason why 90% of gms in Classic are prot warriors..:')
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2020-11-09 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It'll be Rogues first, they better utilize it over Warriors. Then the first MH after Rogues will go to the Warrior Tank if they don't have Thunderfury.

- - - Updated - - -

Titans Grip wasn't a thing until the Wrath Pre-patch, it wouldn't be on Classic Burning Crusade.
    It depends which patch they release TBC on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Titan's grip didn't exist in TBC. Even in Wrath pre-patch Titans Grip was shit at 70, all the one handed specs did more dps because you couldn't take Titans Grip while also picking up deep wounds, and deep wounds dps contribution was hilariously overpowered at that point.
    Except it did... and no, deep wounds did not out dps titans grip specs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Titans grip in TBC? You are a bit confused.
    Except no... it was the last patch in TBC, the Wrath prepatch... depends on what patch they want to launch it with.

Except it did... and no, deep wounds did not out dps titans grip specs

- - - Updated - - -

Except no... it was the last patch in TBC, the Wrath prepatch... depends on what patch they want to launch it with.
    Deep wounds builds completely shat on titans grip at 70 during 3.0, it wasn't even close, even Arms dual wield builds made TG look useless. Wrath Pre-patch is not TBC, from a game client and class design point of view it's 100% WOTLK. Being clueless and then stubbornly continuing to dig in your heels when someone corrects you is not a good look.

Certainly won't be WOTLK prepatch, that'd be like releasing Classic Vanilla WoW on the TBC client with TBC talents. Based on how they released Classic it will be on 2.4.3 with some tweaks, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure that out.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2020-11-10 at 06:54 PM.

They didn't release Vanilla with BC talents, they're not going to release BC with Wrath talents. That's the bottom line.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still, not during tbc but during the pre-wrath patch which of course won't be the patch that they are going to launch Classic TBC.

They will be announcing the TBC Classic release date during the virtual Blizzcon at the very least and then we can figure out this stuff haha.