Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They didn't release Vanilla with BC talents, they're not going to release BC with Wrath talents. That's the bottom line.
    Hopefully. But they did release Vanilla with near end game (at the time) patches and class *fixes*. so who knows..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Deep wounds builds completely shat on titans grip at 70 during 3.0, it wasn't even close, even Arms dual wield builds made TG look useless. Wrath Pre-patch is not TBC, from a game client and class design point of view it's 100% WOTLK. Being clueless and then stubbornly continuing to dig in your heels when someone corrects you is not a good look.

Certainly won't be WOTLK prepatch, that'd be like releasing Classic Vanilla WoW on the TBC client with TBC talents. Based on how they released Classic it will be on 2.4.3 with some tweaks, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure that out.
    Uh... I dunno what shit guild YOU were in... but... TG was hilariously OP..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Still, not during tbc but during the pre-wrath patch which of course won't be the patch that they are going to launch Classic TBC.
    Hopefully not

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Hopefully. But they did release Vanilla with near end game (at the time) patches and class *fixes*. so who knows..
    There is no "who knows". It's not going to happen. They released Vanilla with the patch that had Naxxramas, that was part of Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Uh... I dunno what shit guild YOU were in... but... TG was hilariously OP..
    No it was not, it was shit at 70 compared to DW builds. Be my guest and go read the Elitist Jerks posts on Wayback time machine for October/November 2008 if you want a refresher course. But I can guess what kinda guild you were in, the kind that thinks patch 3.0 is TBC because that's when you finally killed Illidan or stepped inside Sunwell, once all content had been nerfed to oblivion and all classes were doing 2-3x as much output.

But hey here's my rank 20 or so for Shade of Akama in August 2008 - patch 2.4.3. Patch 3.0 is not the last patch of TBC, it's the first patch of WOTLK, where for 4 weeks the level cap was 70.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2020-11-10 at 07:36 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

But hey here's my rank 20 or so for Shade of Akama in August 2008 - patch 2.4.3. Patch 3.0 is not the last patch of TBC, it's the first patch of WOTLK, where for 4 weeks the level cap was 70.
    tbh I thought the Wrath prepatch brought Bladestorm which was what was fun/OP for warriors. Still got minced into gibs by retribution in that patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    tbh I thought the Wrath prepatch brought Bladestorm which was what was fun/OP for warriors. Still got minced into gibs by retribution in that patch.
    Yeah Bladestorm was great fun but I was more invested in PVE and a massive dps whore, Bladestorm wasn't as strong for raid dps (much like TG wasn't). Arms/Fury dual wield hybrid (Mortal Strike + Axe spec) did massive dps, but in the best gear Fury DW build was on top. I do remember though that 3.0 brought in tank abilities for all 3 specs and Bladestorm Arms was pretty fun for tanking heroic dungeons, just melting stuff on the big pulls.

You're right Ret was hilariously overpowered too, I remember all the 2v2 dual ret teams just going in and slaughtering people so hard! Also on beta and the PTR for 3.0 Warriors actually had heroic leap for a while, it didn't work like it does now and there was no target marker, you would just leap in the direction you were moving. For a while too they also had Bloodthirst healing really strong on the PTR, allowing Warriors to solo really well, but it got nerfed before 3.0 hit.

But as fun as 3.0 was and I have fond memories of that time, it's just not part of TBC, you were after all playing the WOTLK client, specs, talents etc. It was more like it's own 4 week version of the game, much like all prepatchs (though the current one is certainly unique).
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Yeah Bladestorm was great fun but I was more invested in PVE and a massive dps whore, Bladestorm wasn't as strong for raid dps (much like TG wasn't). Arms/Fury dual wield hybrid (Mortal Strike + Axe spec) did massive dps, but in the best gear Fury DW build was on top. I do remember though that 3.0 brought in tank abilities for all 3 specs and Bladestorm Arms was pretty fun for tanking heroic dungeons, just melting stuff on the big pulls.

You're right Ret was hilariously overpowered too, I remember all the 2v2 dual ret teams just going in and slaughtering people so hard! Also on beta and the PTR for 3.0 Warriors actually had heroic leap for a while, it didn't work like it does now and there was no target marker, you would just leap in the direction you were moving. For a while too they also had Bloodthirst healing really strong on the PTR, allowing Warriors to solo really well, but it got nerfed before 3.0 hit.

But as fun as 3.0 was and I have fond memories of that time, it's just not part of TBC, you were after all playing the WOTLK client, specs, talents etc. It was more like it's own 4 week version of the game, much like all prepatchs (though the current one is certainly unique).
    Yup, I was ret at the end of tbc and it was absolutely crazy broken. I stopped raiding way before prepatch because muru murdered my guild but in pvp at least it was hilariously overpowered.

Also, what is this thing where people are attempting to say wotlk prepatch is part of tbc? Fellas.... it happens every single expansion... the expansions changes hits right before the expansion releases in order to prepare you for what you’re playing and obviously doesn’t GaF about what is balanced and what isn’t because it’s balanced around the new end level, not current.

Anyone who even has a slight hint that they will use wotlk talents for tbc is just simply a voice that doesn’t need to be heard lol. Sorry!

Except no... it was the last patch in TBC, the Wrath prepatch... depends on what patch they want to launch it with.
    Prepatches are tied to the expansion that they lead into, the wrath prepatch was 3.0.2 for instance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rogues and warriors. We had like 3 rogues and 2 fury warr with at least one. We never had a full set hehe …. :sadface:
    Druid since Feb. 06