Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Phew... and it doesn't complement it? (like story quests and world events usually do? with happening at the same time, just telling an event from a different perspective)

Another question; Wouldn't it be time for the next episode of living story again? They usually drop every 2 months.
    They gave us an “Epilogue” already. I think they’re shitting themselves knowing that we’re expecting more episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    They gave us an “Epilogue” already. I think they’re shitting themselves knowing that we’re expecting more episodes.
    Theyve always told us what episode was the last one. I don't think they suddenly forgot to mention it eight years into the game.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Theyve always told us what episode was the last one. I don't think they suddenly forgot to mention it eight years into the game.
    But this is a Saga. :rollseyes:

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    There's obviously plenty of time remaining before the next expansion, so doubt that was the last Living Story. It IS possible that they'll bump it to November since it'd nestle in between Halloween and Christmas stuff.

I just finished the last episode last night and it never really got less tedious. They really need to wake up and stop assuming that players will be invested in their characters just because they're there and the GW writers like them. I'd have happily killed most of these Charr ages ago. It also seems like they just ignore the history of the Flame Legions subservience while crafting the new Frost Legion stuff. Unless I just missed someone pointing it out.

Granted it might not be as tedious if I didn't bring my mesmer through story stuff so much. Should probably just stick with Necro. It's very irritating when an entire field of enemies decides to chase me while ignoring the charr "allies" that are mostly worthless.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

So new roadmap came out. Four more episodes, 1-5 man instanced content and something that seems to be reputation grind with some factions. Hopefully that means that EoD is planned to release around August-September.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Damn, wasn't expecting that much more free shit.

Curious about the instanced content and faction grinds, I've fallen off pretty hard with the last episode that came out (I think I finished it? Not 100% sure) but would like to have a reason to be excited to come back.

I finished the story, but havent' maxed out the reps for the charr guys or anything. It's a very tedious grind at times, but there's also an element of getting a token, then looking up what it goes to and seeing that it unlocks something decent.
    All you need to do is get 1000 more tokens, each from a specific event... yeah, no. (hyperbole, but not by much probably)

I enjoy the gameplay of GW2, but I just want to run around doing stuff, not grind out Claw of Jormag over and over. I enjoy being swept up when the map I'm on suddenly becomes a meta map and fights across the thing until the end, but waiting on timers for the events to happen and/or hopping for a meta map or stuff, no.

Plus of course, learning by doing means you're usually a little late to an event, so stuff like the guys guarding chests, I'll probably never get all of them.

Which is a shame, the infernal chestplate is 30k achievements and I'm just short of 28k, but grinding out 2k points is not my idea of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Drizzlewood grind is too long but I mind that is a grind, if that makes sense.

The end item is a cool little cosmetic (basically an aura) that warrants some sort of effort.

I hope they implement a for PVE track/rep and don't use the achievement UI again. I have a little hope since they modified the inventory UI. Usually when Anet rolls out small changes like that it's live test/preview a bigger one.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-10-28 at 12:15 AM.

Yeah, I've been showing/unshowing rarity all day... I didn't see any notice about the slight change, and plenty of folks asking in map. Once used to it, I doubt I'll notice it of course.

Do you mean you "don't" mind it's a grind though? Because it doesn't make sense...

I don't care that it's a grind in some way, but how many days should the average player take to get a specific reward? A week for a neat item, 2 weeks for a great item maybe. Even if the really grindy folks could bang it out in a few days, so be it. It does vary for me, the beetle seemed too much, but the skyscale didn't, for instance. Teaching your skimmer to swim was probably too fast.

They could maybe adapt the WvWvW or PvP track thing for PvE if it could apply across a bunch of tasks, could work. I did recently crank out the Wv track to make a legendary and it wasn't horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind that the item requires that you grind. The grind they implemented is trash though, it's way too long. Grinds for things like legendaries and mounts are at least spread out and can be completed in various ways. The Drizzlewood grind is running its long ass meta over and over and over again. So what I meant is I don't mind grinding but the Drizzlewood grind was poorly designed.

This season has the most confusing naming convention.

Its "not season 5 its a saga" except half through Anet kind of gave up and started called in season 5 like the players. The second release is episode 1. The 4th release (Visions of the Past for reference) is neither episode 3 or 4. Episode 5 doesn't know if its the last episode or the middle child BECAUSE the 'last episode' is 4 releases but presented almost like its a completely different season and Anet called "Episode 5 of the Icebrood Saga' the last episode of that uh chapter?

Last edited by PACOX; 2020-10-28 at 01:56 AM.

Seems like the Icebrood storyline has finished... maybe. Seems like people aren't sure going by the above post.

I really enjoyed the HoT story and missions (also the HoT maps were great), but then LWS3 began and I sorta lost interest. Raising Aurene was fun but the Balthazaar story wasn't interesting and the maps were meh, eventually dropped. PoF was about Balthazaar so I wasn't interested in the story, and I heard that the maps were meh like LWS3, and that they jacked up the mob density to ridiculous levels. Already have been spoiled on LWS4; sounds like All or Nothing and War Eternal had hype moments but the rest was meh.

How good was Icebrood's story? Sounds like it's dealing with the Charr Legions and Rytlock is pretty important, so that has my interest piqued. Is it the same quality as HoT story and missions? Or is it like LWS3 meh? I'm wondering if I should buy PoF and the Icebrood maps I didn't get so I can check out the story. Also, do you need mounts to play through the maps? Or do you only need mounts for the PoF and LWS4 stuff? I really don't want to do PoF just to get the mounts... but I heard that the Griffon was super useful and that if you get the Griffon first you get the Skyscale faster. Urgh.

Also, for male Charr players: I heard that the male charr voice actor was recast and that people didn't like him too much. Does the voice get better?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, opinions vary so I can't tell you what to think about Icebrood. To me, Charr are the most boring and one-note race in GW2, and Rytlock the most boring Destiny's Edge member, which is impressive because Eir and Logan exist. Icebrood's story didn't do much for me, while I actually liked PoF's story (while HoT's story just felt very disjointed and barebones)

Not sure why you say it seems like the Icebrood storyline is finished though, the post just before you has the roadmap in it that lays out the continuation of the Icebrood story. Yeah it's a new "season" starting at episode 1, but it still literally has Icebrood Saga in the name.

New episode trailer.

-Taimi is finally back.
    -No new map, dragon response missions seem to be just instanced parts of the core maps: Metrica Province, Brisban Wildlands, Gendarran Fields.
    -Story takes place in Thunderhead Peaks and deals with Primordus and truce with Jormag
    -New allied factions are Crystal Bloom and Ebon Vanguard (former separatists?), new armour and weapons sets associated with factions
    -There is hint about future episodes, featuring Ebonhawke and Tengu and Kodan being next allied factions
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew they were going to do a full retcon and Jormag and Primo. Feels dumb when Jormag was 'defeated' off screen and Primo was 'put to sleep'.

Reddit is a dumpster fire. I saw someone complaining that, before we even get the chance to content, that it appears to mimic stuff from seasons 1. The stuff that's missing from season 1 that old players say they want back and a ton of players never got to see.

I knew they were going to do a full retcon and Jormag and Primo. Feels dumb when Jormag was 'defeated' off screen and Primo was 'put to sleep'.

Reddit is a dumpster fire. I saw someone complaining that, before we even get the chance to content, that it appears to mimic stuff from seasons 1. The stuff that's missing from season 1 that old players say they want back and a ton of players never got to see.
    What amused me when I saw the original post with the trailer was how it fit into your earlier post about naming conventions for this Saga/Season. It's a multipart finale!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    -Taimi is finally back.
    Literally all I care about. I am happy again.

I think I figured out why I enjoyed the Bantha so much this time around from Mandalorian. Not only do they look like a boss mount in the show but they reminded me of the neighborhood friendly Dolyaks. Small similarities between these guys. Probably the horns is what is doing it for me. (both pretty woolly also) Use to love these little guys. I even went out of my way to get a mini pet of one of them. Long live the Dolyaks ~

Could anyone explain me why or how i know the majority of people walking around in the PvP zone (Heart of the Mists)
    Isnt this a "mega server"?
    Not only that, there are several instances of the mists.

But for some reason i always see the same people around...quite a mysterious system they have here.

Anyway...i love this game to no end.
    The game is lively, sometimes there is some roleplaying going on, a lot of drama and "love stories"....A LOT of love stories.
    I love this game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Could anyone explain me why or how i know the majority of people walking around in the PvP zone (Heart of the Mists)
    Isnt this a "mega server"?
    Not only that, there are several instances of the mists.

But for some reason i always see the same people around...quite a mysterious system they have here.

Anyway...i love this game to no end.
    The game is lively, sometimes there is some roleplaying going on, a lot of drama and "love stories"....A LOT of love stories.
    I love this game...
    The mega server system has a priority system that it uses to pick which instance of a map it places you in.

Map state (full/closing) -> party/squad -> friends list/guild -> home server.

For first it tries to place everyone in a party onto the same map. If you're not in a party the game will see if there's an instance where you have friends and/or guildmates. If it can find those it tries to group people by home server. Otherwise, it throws you into whichever instance has room and isnt set to close.

Yeah theres a lot of rpers in the game...more than you'd think.

The mega server system has a priority system that it uses to pick which instance of a map it places you in.

Map state (full/closing) -> party/squad -> friends list/guild -> home server.

For first it tries to place everyone in a party onto the same map. If you're not in a party the game will see if there's an instance where you have friends and/or guildmates. If it can find those it tries to group people by home server. Otherwise, it throws you into whichever instance has room and isnt set to close.

Yeah theres a lot of rpers in the game...more than you'd think.
    Thanks for letting me know is a real nice system...it feels like a village and a close community.
    And also...the map chat is a free for all and the game is very little moderated.
    So...you can imagine how the late night talks go in there...

The heart of the Mists in my server is like a outlaw bar with only criminals D: