Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    Haha, that would disqualify cooking profession. Still I like the idea though. We should be able to eat and drink at will.

I like the idea of it just giving Arcane Intellect. And how about instead of a bunch of different types of mana food, the icon just cycles through all the different types while only being one type of "mana food."
    I'm a thread killer.

Mage food could buff main stat, cooking food could buff specific secondary stats. You can have both food-buffs active at a time. Both food types are relevant and fixed the issue.

I really think mages already have too much utility. If those were silly non-combat related buffs like chance of being morphed into another race, having your spells color changed, increased/decreased character size etc it would be ok. Otherwise, thanks but no, thanks.

Should just make mage food the new fish feast.

Id rather not be hassled by randoms for food/water again. Its annoying enough in classic :P
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, that would be quite fun, Not essential, but a nice added bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Id rather not be hassled by randoms for food/water again. Its annoying enough in classic :P
    Well, it'd be no hassle nowadays because you can just set down a table and if people get an invite they can just grab a stack and leave - no excessive extra conjuring or trading necessary, just accepting a party invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Well, it'd be no hassle nowadays because you can just set down a table and if people get an invite they can just grab a stack and leave - no excessive extra conjuring or trading necessary, just accepting a party invite.
    that sounds like hassle to me, also it sounds like im having no control if im actualyl getting paid for my services as they can just ninja the food/water the second they join party! :S
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Sounds like a lot more of a hassle than nothing at all. It could just be mitigated by having the mage food only buff you if you're in a party with a mage, which would also prevent the "have a mage outside the dungeon ready to provide the party with food" scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    that sounds like hassle to me, also it sounds like im having no control if im actualyl getting paid for my services as they can just ninja the food/water the second they join party! :S
    It would be nice if you could put a cash on delivery request for people clicking on a conjured table if you wanted. Would probably solve that. But that would probably feel mean in group content for a mage to put down a table and as a healer expecting to probably get food/water and then seeing a message to deposit in order to get access. Maybe cash on delivery mage tables could have another appearance than the normal one like a recolor so it wouldn't be so deceptive so people don't feel like they're getting duped every time they click on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmak View Post
    Simple and non game breaking would be for it to apply arcane intellect.
    This and only this.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Sounds like a lot more of a hassle than nothing at all. It could just be mitigated by having the mage food only buff you if you're in a party with a mage, which would also prevent the "have a mage outside the dungeon ready to provide the party with food" scenario.
    Yeah, that'd be a good way to go about it for food specifically I think. Having the buff vanish if you're no longer in group with the origin of the buff might be good. Might not work for other buffs, as part of the appeal of things like Int and Fort is that you can give it to passerby players to kind of nod or show comradery. Maybe worth considering if Warlock Healthstones should work similarly - like, providing old imp blood pact by having the health stones in your bags or something.

Yeah, that'd be a good way to go about it for food specifically I think. Having the buff vanish if you're no longer in group with the origin of the buff might be good. Might not work for other buffs, as part of the appeal of things like Int and Fort is that you can give it to passerby players to kind of nod or show comradery. Maybe worth considering if Warlock Healthstones should work similarly - like, providing old imp blood pact by having the health stones in your bags or something.
    Yeah I don't think it should apply to other buffs at all, since buffs can (do? been a while) be removed when starting something like an M+, but removing conjured food would be annoying and unnecessary. That's why they're different like that.

I don't really think Mage or Warlock NEEDS more utility at all though, to be fair. It'd just be a nice flavour thing to add to Mage food that's otherwise pretty meh.

No - I think our mage food should, when used by a mage - be something useable in combat and/or whilst standing (channelled, interruptible).

Make up for not having other healing abilities.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Since when is an intellect buff and mana food too much utility?
    I'm a thread killer.