Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pfft, slutmogs or gtfo.

Only things in the store should be things that you can't obtain in the game, and updated slutmogs are literally the only things that don't exist in the game anymore when it comes to transmog.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-11-11 at 10:02 AM.

People are so superficial even with pixels...

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Pfft, slutmogs or gtfo.

Only things in the store should be things that you can't obtain in the game, and updated slutmogs are literally the only things that don't exist in the game anymore when it comes to transmog.
    But the same reason that prevents them from putting slutmogs into fame proper will stop them from putting them into the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    But the same reason that prevents them from putting slutmogs into fame proper will stop them from putting them into the store.
    Pretty sure they don't want to because China. China says it's inappropriate, and Blizzard obeys. But if it's just stuff in the western cash shop, then it shouldn't be affecting China.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Pretty sure they don't want to because China. China says it's inappropriate, and Blizzard obeys. But if it's just stuff in the western cash shop, then it shouldn't be affecting China.
    Anything even close to a slutmog is a big no-no in the western industry too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Sigh... here we go again explaining same thing in another thread.
    It does impact the game... in huge way.
    They are not making the game to be good.
    Money is the only thing that any company cares.

How Blizzard made money 10 years ago on WoW? By making the game crazy good and fullfilable for time investment and player to player interactions. Just check the huge success of Classic and (put the most known TBC/WotLK private server name here) as examples.
    Time passed and the game has changed alot by LFR, LFG, pet battles and other shit like that and many people left not liking these chagnes. How they want to fix not getting enough money from leaving subs and without investing much their time and resources? By doing microtransactions so Blizzard does not need to care about rest of the game... since people are willing to pay for this or even buy 6 months of playtime just to get another mount that they will not even use.

Yes.
    It does impact the game.
    Blizzard is so greedy and milking money out of wow that instead of adjusting the sub price for inflation they make an optional cash shop

- - - Updated - - -

There are finite number of hours in a work day, and finite number of people employed by Blizz. When artists have to put hundred hours into making a flying pig for the store, that is hundred hours taken away from actual game content they could be doing instead.

That is not rocket science. Contrary to popular belief, Blizzard doesn't have infinite time and resources available to them.
    Iirc blizzard said store stuff comes from things they have created but didn't figure a source for. The art team works constantly.

There are finite number of hours in a work day, and finite number of people employed by Blizz. When artists have to put hundred hours into making a flying pig for the store, that is hundred hours taken away from actual game content they could be doing instead.

That is not rocket science. Contrary to popular belief, Blizzard doesn't have infinite time and resources available to them.
    Incorrect. AS has bee stated several times, those that work on the cash shop stuff do not work on the game. If the cash shop did not exist, they would not have those people employed. THe artists working with the cash shop are working across all Blizzard IP's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    If you have any idea how game development works and how long ago the Fae outfit was datamined (And probably already finished before then) you'd be able to put 2 and 2 together. Same thing with that boat mount, same thing with many other promotional items. They get developed and produced at the same time as other assets, ones that go to quests, raids, and any other avenue.

It's not a secret at this point. Willingly waiting for Blizzard to say, "Yes, we produce assets and hand pick ones we like to use as promotional / cash-shop material" is just not going to happen. This isn't a conspiracy theory, that's just what they're doing. Then we sometimes get out of the blue cash-shop items or promotional material for tournaments or charities.

FWIW I do believe they are gearing up to actually dedicate more resources TO a cash-shop oriented team. The in-game shop we have now is way too telling and they're testing the waters / gearing up for it. But as is - the amount of content in there? WoW doesn't have a dedicated cash shop team. Realistically they have designers being put off to the side for a little while being told what to do or come up with ideas that they want to make at best.
    Jusat because they datamined it does not mean the deves are the ones who put it htere. The art team puts a ton of stuff into the game and that includexs mounts, transmogs, and pets. There is no game development requied to put those things into the game. And they aren't gearing up for anything. They already have a cash shop team.

If there wasn't a cash shop,m those resources would not exist. Nothing was ever taken from the resources used on game development. Ever.

Anything even close to a slutmog is a big no-no in the western industry too.
    Depends how desperate for money a company is.

Sex always sells. And at some point the greed for money will overrule the will to please the Twitter SJWs.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Incorrect. AS has bee stated several times, those that work on the cash shop stuff do not work on the game. If the cash shop did not exist, they would not have those people employed. THe artists working with the cash shop are working across all Blizzard IP's.

- - - Updated - - -

Jusat because they datamined it does not mean the deves are the ones who put it htere. The art team puts a ton of stuff into the game and that includexs mounts, transmogs, and pets. There is no game development requied to put those things into the game. And they aren't gearing up for anything. They already have a cash shop team.

If there wasn't a cash shop,m those resources would not exist. Nothing was ever taken from the resources used on game development. Ever.
    Do you have any sources for your claims about how many people are employed to do store-resources exclusively?

You like to use the word "fact" a lot for someone that dont supply any sources for those 'facts' you're so adamantely claiming.

Where have they said that? Or are you just pulling "facts" out of your ass?

>And you?
    I think that every single cosmetic item should be directly earnable through an ingame activity, that they shouldn't earn a single penny aside from subscriptions, and that the game should rather be shut down if it isn't sustainable like that, than have even a single earring be buyable on the store.

Where have they said that? Or are you just pulling "facts" out of your ass?
    I vaguely recall something to that effect being said years ago when they had to justify the sparkle pony.

It wasn't that they hired extra people it is they claimed graphic artists finished their work first and where given cashshop items in what would normally be their downtime. I am paraphrasing as well but they never implied they hired people just for the cashshop.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Are you sure? I'm certain I read somewhere that the mounts developed for the cash shop come from a team seperate from the team that develops regular mounts for the game, one exclusively working on store content
    You think they have someone on payroll to make a single mount every 6 months?

Its more like "hey Chris can you work a little later on Tuesday and pump out a store mount for the six month sub? K thx"

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Have you ever bought or sold a wow token? How about a collectors edition version of wow? Have you ever bought a server transfer or faction change? If so then you should be kicking yourself
    If you think that's the same thing then you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

NO it's you bullying others because they don't conform to your OPINION. Who made you sole arbiter of what the practice is? The fact that you berate others as well hows how toxic of a player you are. It is a plsyer the game does not need.
    In that sentence alone I could tell what kind of person you are. No one other than the most pathetic person would ever use the term 'toxic' unironically. Besides if it helps you feel better, at the time the guild i was in was the largest on the server and a vast majority (probably like 95%) was against these kinds of players, so there was a one man going against everyone else and abusing his power as officer or gm. Democracy, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    If you think that's the same thing then you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

In that sentence alone I could tell what kind of person you are. No one other than the most pathetic person would ever use the term 'toxic' unironically. Besides if it helps you feel better, at the time the guild i was in was the largest on the server and a vast majority (probably like 95%) was against these kinds of players, so there was a one man going against everyone else and abusing his power as officer or gm. Democracy, if you will.
    I’m sorry? Exactly how is this any different whatsoever than buying a transmog off the shop? Explain how one is completely fine and the other is ‘supporting predatory practices’

SO, anyone who disagrees with you is pathetic and your guild siding with you is proof? You openly admit to harrrassing other players and kicking them simply because they don't conform to your opinion. I use the word toxic because it applies. Bullying and harrassment is toxic behavior. Anyone who engages in it is a toxic player and is what is really pathetic. Period.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-11-12 at 02:16 PM.

I’m sorry? Exactly how is this any different whatsoever than buying a transmog off the shop? Explain how one is completely fine and the other is ‘supporting predatory practices’
    Well, generating a token doesnt take away art-resources that could be spent on interesting questlines/achievements in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Well, generating a token doesnt take away art-resources that could be spent on interesting questlines/achievements in-game.
    Neither does store transmogs? I'm sorry but where was the post I missed where blizzard explained they were taking resources away from the game specifically in order to put them in the store.

Neither does store transmogs? I'm sorry but where was the post I missed where blizzard explained they were taking resources away from the game specifically in order to put them in the store.
    It isnt really necessary for them to make a post about something most people can deduce themselves with some common sense.

I was one of those guild officers that kicked people who had them.

This is an unacceptable practice. I will forever /spit on those who support it.
    Nothing wrong with selling transmogs, and they will continue to do it as mounts have lost their luster. Mogging is the new big thing they can sell.

Now I do agree on some levels, the fact they still charge a box price for each expansion is ludicrous with a $19.50CAD a month price tag. They make an insane amount of money off this game every year and STILL ask for use to pay for the game every 2 years as though it just released.

Publisher greed is what you detest and most of us do too, it is why game prices inflate with each generation as much as they have. Those CEO's sure need 40 million a year to maintain all their child molesty life practices lmao.