Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Personally I am interested, but probably only going to get it if EA offers a discount for people who already own all the games and DLC. I don't really feel like paying $40-$60 for something I already have just to get some sharper textures and better shaders.
    I would pay full triple A price for that remastered trilogy just because it's probably the best sci-fi saga I've ever played (and quite close to my favourite video game experience of all time) and my appreciation for it will never die. It is a great masterpiece of gaming and deserves every penny.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

If it's getting just the HD treatment Final Fantasy 8 got they can go fuck themselves.

For a "legendary" edition I would expect SPARKLING graphics, meaning perfect MSAA, textures, lighting, draw distance.
    Then, all DLCs, remastered audio, hell, throw in even a new mini-mission in there somewhere.

Otherwise I can just play the originals.

Either way I don't have time for this shit, I'm in the middle of some calibrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Thing is I absolutely LOVED Andromeda, I have played all mass effects games and andromeda is hands down my favorite, I ecven did a marathon playthrough of all 4 and still liked it the most, yet people irrationally hate it, sigh. I so wanted a mass effect andromeda 2, but at this rate it will be some janky mass effect '4' and you will be shephards grandkid or something dumb.
    I thought Andromeda was a decent standalone gaming experience, but it just wasn't the same without Sheperd and all the familiar milky way faces. I didn't get attached to any of the characters, and discount Miranda (Cora) actually annoyed the hell out of me. The game literally just felt like Dragon Age Inquisition - space edition. It was an okay game for a single playthrough, but considering I played it once and the original trilogy probably like 20 times each is telling.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Thing is I absolutely LOVED Andromeda, I have played all mass effects games and andromeda is hands down my favorite, I ecven did a marathon playthrough of all 4 and still liked it the most, yet people irrationally hate it, sigh. I so wanted a mass effect andromeda 2, but at this rate it will be some janky mass effect '4' and you will be shephards grandkid or something dumb.
    Andromeda was a beautiful sandbox but its story was devoid of any real soul, a lot of the dialogue was cliche and insipid. Couldn't stand the black guy and the semi-lesbo chick, something about their voice acting and scripts was just too familiar with present day to feel like they were part of an alien world and not some present day sitcom.

The blue people were severely underdeveloped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think videos like this are just silly memes. Bioware fucked up with animations and such, but it's not really why Andromeda did not take off. Ultimately the story was not grand enough.

It's just like case of ME1 - nobody really praises it for some insane breakthroughs in animations or such for its time. It was simply a great story that was asking for more.
    It certainly would of had less backlash had it not been a ME let alone a BW game while it likely would of just been quickly forgotten. I found it overall decent and the combat system was addicting while I just could not pull my self through a second play through despite that. I would of bought the DLC and feel that if it was made that it could of had the potential to fix the game's image.

For multiplayer I found the changes to a more serious combat style along with removal of mechanics found in ME3 left me mixed. It was still fun though as long as you had a decent connection with who ever was host. Then add in the ever increasing grind on the loot box system.

It is overall interesting to see so many love the game across many media sources. I am generally fairly low in barrier to quality with a general lineup on mainstream while found Andromeda to be not great and yet it receives such praises.

It is nice to hear there are those still playing ME3 multiplayer. Just sad I can't find one within a reasonably close enough.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2020-11-10 at 10:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also really enjoyed Andromeda, more than I enjoyed ME3 aside from a few epic character moments (like Mordin's sacrifice).
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    But maybe there will be a PURPLE ending! I love purple, so exciting!
    purple fabulous ending ? like this then :

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post

EA DLC preview?

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    quick question.
    i never played it so what is the problem with andromeda?
    it was a solid 7/10 game that was held back by some major animation glitches and the mass effect name.

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    it was a solid 7/10 game that was held back by some major animation glitches and the mass effect name.
    and way WAY too much busywork padding.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post

friendship ending aka Disney.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice. I've been wanting to play Mass Effect on console, without the pain of figuring out how to port save files between and fuck with all the Cerberus Network shit from Mass Effect II. Hopefully this will also revive the multiplayer so I can 100% Mass Effect 3 finally.

- - - Updated - - -

friendship ending aka Disney.
    It seems to be more of a reference to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic where the early seasons usually end with a literal rainbow Friendship laser capable of slaying nearly omnipotent gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, just buy the existing versions on discount and slap the fan graphical fidelity and texture fixes/improvement mods on them. That's what I did ages ago barring three. I'm still waiting on the improved ending mod that's getting close to being completed.

quick question.
    i never played it so what is the problem with andromeda?
    Extremely Poor launch following a paid demo/early accessible introduction which highlighted problems ahead of release, terrible graphical issues across the board for environments, animations, characters, HUD elements and cinematics which took ages to fix, problems with character creation, poor story quality and execution and the plot was an overwhelming major downgrade from the Reapers plot that it started to emulate, lifeless characters and companions that weren't compelling, interesting and quickly got on player's nerves and the combat system although an interesting change up from the previous games was also extremely infuriating in it's implementation and execution. Also the choices gameplay that Mass Effect is known for? Some how that ended up suffering a major downgrade as well.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2020-11-11 at 05:30 PM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Extremely Poor launch following a paid demo/early accessible introduction which highlighted problems ahead of release, terrible graphical issues across the board for environments, animations, characters, HUD elements and cinematics which took ages to fix, problems with character creation, poor story quality and execution and the plot was an overwhelming major downgrade from the Reapers plot that it started to emulate, lifeless characters and companions that weren't compelling, interesting and quickly got on player's nerves and the combat system although an interesting change up from the previous games was also extremely infuriating in it's implementation and execution. Also the choices gameplay that Mass Effect is known for? Some how that ended up suffering a major downgrade as well.
    Ehhhh... I wonder how much of this is "feels" and how much actual objective review. For example if you ask me - combat was clearly the best of all ME games so far, characters were fine (I liked Peebee, for example - shoot me), the only real bugs were silly face animation glitches for me and it frankly wasn't AS prominent as some may push here.

All in all the REAL issue of Andromeda was a weak story and world building. The very initial premise was good - it really could have jumpstarted a good new trilogy, but it fizzled midway with uninspiring threat and lack of anything of scale of Citadel with somewhat lackluster replacement instead. Most of other complaints were either white noise or a bunch of rabid fans ravenous for drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Nice. I've been wanting to play Mass Effect on console, without the pain of figuring out how to port save files between and fuck with all the Cerberus Network shit from Mass Effect II. Hopefully this will also revive the multiplayer so I can 100% Mass Effect 3 finally.
    Multiplayer not included in this.

However, they did patch ME3 at some point to lower the war score needed for that little clip at the end. You don't need MP anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    and way WAY too much busywork padding.
    if you wanted to 100% then i agree, for a casual playthrough i dont remember it being that bad

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    if you wanted to 100% then i agree, for a casual playthrough i dont remember it being that bad
    for a 100% it was honestly almost unbearable, but there was also so much minor stuff and just like with inquisition other then collectibles, I had hard time figuring out which side quests can be safely skipped and which are still important. and there were a LOT of those as well. and its not that mass effect doesn't have side quests, but it was never, EVER that bad. and they IMO weren't all interesting enough to want to do them for their own sakes.

overall, I enjoyed Andromeda as a concept and unlike most people i didn't have problems with animations, I thought they were fine. I mean... I play a good chunk of games, and becasue of that I could compare closely together, and Witcher 3 as well as Horizon Zero dawn had their own share of some pretty janky animations... and yet those games are praised for them, while Andromeda was crucified. seemed... like a case of "I hate EA and I hated what they did with ME3 so much, that I know hate everything related, just because" you know that meme - when you dislike someone, everything they do becomes offensive, even if its something as simple as eating a cookie.

but... that doesn't mean Andromeda didn't have problems, and IMO at least that attempt to make it even more like Skyrim then Inquisition was, while STILL keeping it not quite open world (certain areas couldn't be reached safely until you did enough terraforming, etc) - was one of the bigger ones. again, IMO.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2020-11-12 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    for a 100% it was honestly almost unbearable, but there was also so much minor stuff and just like with inquisition other then collectibles, I had hard time figuring out which side quests can be safely skipped and which are still important. and there were a LOT of those as well. and its not that mass effect doesn't have side quests, but it was never, EVER that bad. and they IMO weren't all interesting enough to want to do them for their own sakes.

overall, I enjoyed Andromeda as a concept and unlike most people i didn't have problems with animations, I thought they were fine. I mean... I play a good chunk of games, and becasue of that I could compare closely together, and Witcher 3 as well as Horizon Zero dawn had their own share of some pretty janky animations... and yet those games are praised for them, while Andromeda was crucified. seemed... like a case of "I hate EA and I hated what they did with ME3 so much, that I know hate everything related, just because" you know that meme - when you dislike someone, everything they do becomes offensive, even if its something as simple as eating a cookie.

but... that doesn't mean Andromeda didn't have problems, and IMO at least that attempt to make it even more like Skyrim then Inquisition was, while STILL keeping it not quite open world (certain areas couldn't be reached safely until you did enough terraforming, etc) - was one of the bigger ones. again, IMO.
    The animation problem was most present in the opening hours of the game, for some reason (insert my face is tired memes here), and it's also the section that was available to an early access. So basically the public's first actual look at the game was at arguably its worst part, right before things got cool in the first Vault. From then on add the inevitable "fuck EA" sentiment and the game's perception was sealed then and there.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

As someone who went for 100% with both AC Origins and Odyssey, Andromeda was honestly a cakewalk. I dunno, maybe I'm a glutton for punishment.