View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Very very wise people the Greenish. (Is that what you call them?)
    Not in English, no..

Well not in danish either, that would be Groenlandere,,

In fact i doubt any would call them Greenish

Some would call them Inuit but that fails to distinguish them from.. anything, it is imprecise

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Ahahahhahahaha
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-54879209

P.S.
    Dribbles, you still didn't answer how exactly EU is forcing UK back to talks.
    John Major = arch remainer has been PM, best known for getting frisky with Edwina Currie. The most boring greyest PM we ever had. He should have stuck to organising the emptying of the refuse bins around Brixton, it was the pinnacle of his career.

And the substance of his message? Highlighting how the Lords have rejected the UK's IMB in favour of the EU. The remainer packed Lords and the EU share much in common, being unelected and appointed, and just like the EU their days until abolishment are numbered. Anything they say, just like the EU, can quite comfortably be ignored in the same way as any other minor irritation.

Back in the elected Commons the Internal Market Bill, tearing up the WA the EU broke first, will proceed as planned and unamended by their supposed eminences.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

John Major = arch remainer has been PM, best known for getting frisky with Edwina Currie. The most boring greyest PM we ever had. He should have stuck to organising the emptying of the refuse bins around Brixton, it was the pinnacle of his career.

And the substance of his message? Highlighting how the Lords have rejected the UK's IMB in favour of the EU. The remainer packed Lords and the EU share much in common, being unelected and appointed, and just like the EU their days until abolishment are numbered. Anything they say, just like the EU, can quite comfortably be ignored in the same way as any other minor irritation.

Back in the elected Commons the Internal Market Bill, tearing up the WA the EU broke first, will proceed as planned and unamended by their supposed eminences.
    Hahahah more of this, it's pure comedy at this point. Funny how you realise that being the PM of the UK is a shitty job.

As I said unfortunately Theresa May and her cabinet of remainers stood in the way of the wishes of the people.
    How come May ended up in charge when there were so many prominent Brexiters in the Tory party? Oh that's right they shit themselves and ran away because they knew it was a stupid idea that would screw the country.

- - - Updated - - -

With the way the EU are harping on now about how they must protect the Irish border, breaking the GFA at the same time, because of brexit I am hoping they apply equality and start doing the same with the French/English channel/sea border. Am I wrong?
    The EU have a plan to preserve the Good Friday Agreement, open border in Ireland and a border through the Irish sea. In fact I think the UK government signed up to it didn't they?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Not in English, no..

Well not in danish either, that would be Groenlandere,,

In fact i doubt any would call them Greenish

Some would call them Inuit but that fails to distinguish them from.. anything, it is imprecise
    In English it would be "Greenlander."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    In English it would be "Greenlander."
    He claims to be english.. so i made like i assumed he knew that.. also i typoed Groenlaender..

Could we see this fall apart or re-entry into the EU?

Still ignoring my question about how EU is forcing UK something right now. Also, your personal opinion of the ex-PM is incredibly irrelevant. The whole fact that he was PM already makes him much more qualified to see the issue as whole.
    And you are still making the incredibly dumb decision to ignore those who want to remain. Should I remind you the tenets of democracy and healthy country?

Who has done what is irrelevant now dribbles. You would know that if you were intellectually honest. But you aren't so you seek to throw shade over the incompetence of the Brexit crew by trying to lay blame for their failures elsewhere.

Boris was elected on the basis that he'd "make Brexit happen" and that he had an "oven ready deal". Both lies. But now here we are, at the eleventh hour. Brexit needs to happen, but you have to accept that either means a) a border down the Irish sea, and the effective break-up of the United Kingdom with NI remaining in the EU or b) breaking the GFA agreement, making the UK an international pariah for breaking an agreement signed a year ago and ruining any chance of a trade deal with the Biden led US.

Oh, and either of those options will lead to utter chaos in a UK suffering from the impact of Covid. Businesses aren't ready. Trade deals, even roll-over ones, aren't ready. The manpower and software for the ports aren't ready. Even turning Kent into a giant truck-stop hasn't been completed yet. It will be a disaster, and it will be owned 100% by the Brexiteers. You can't blame this on the delays of the Remainers, because those delays have given you AN EXTRA 4 YEARS TO GET READY. And you STILL haven't managed it.

So tick, tock dribbles. We rapidly approach the brick wall we warned you about, and you and Boris are still sitting in the driver's seat with your foot on the pedal wishing the wall out of existence. The truth of your fucking stupid Brexit is about to become apparent, and no amount of rhetoric on your part will hide that ugly reality. Come January 1st, you and Boris are going to look as stupid as we always knew you were.

Unless Boris buckles at the last minutes, of course. Unless he folds like a cheap suit and asks for an extension or accepts a BINO. Those are still possible, even at this stage. So your dream may well be dependent on the bravery of one Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. A man that has never found a challenge he wouldn't run away from. A man who has abandoned children to an extent we're not allowed to know about. A man who, if he does possess a spine, has never given us any indication of it. Feels to me like you've hung your dream from the wonkiest of hooks.

It's going to be an interesting few weeks. In the Chinese curse sense of the word.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Unless Boris buckles at the last minutes, of course.
    He's standing down in January for knocking up a Russian violinist, so who knows who'll take the reins after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Who has done what is irrelevant now dribbles. You would know that if you were intellectually honest. But you aren't so you seek to throw shade over the incompetence of the Brexit crew by trying to lay blame for their failures elsewhere.
    You and your ilk are minimising the historic effects of the project fear remain brexit delaying campaign to try and escape the blame of what damage they have done. I'm afraid actions have consequences and you will be held to account, remainers almost treasonous activities are not irrelevant.

Boris was elected on the basis that he'd "make Brexit happen" and that he had an "oven ready deal". Both lies. But now here we are, at the eleventh hour. Brexit needs to happen, but you have to accept that either means a) a border down the Irish sea, and the effective break-up of the United Kingdom with NI remaining in the EU or b) breaking the GFA agreement, making the UK an international pariah for breaking an agreement signed a year ago and ruining any chance of a trade deal with the Biden led US.

Oh, and either of those options will lead to utter chaos in a UK suffering from the impact of Covid. Businesses aren't ready. Trade deals, even roll-over ones, aren't ready. The manpower and software for the ports aren't ready. Even turning Kent into a giant truck-stop hasn't been completed yet. It will be a disaster, and it will be owned 100% by the Brexiteers. You can't blame this on the delays of the Remainers, because those delays have given you AN EXTRA 4 YEARS TO GET READY. And you STILL haven't managed it.
    Boris did have an oven ready deal in the same way I could prepare you a roast beef. You or the EU could choose not to eat it of course as indeed they have, but it was still oven ready at the point of offering.

There won't be a physical border down the Irish sea, don't be so silly, and the UK will not break the GFA by installing the same between the North and South of Ireland. The EU will presumably police that border in the same way they do the La Manche/English Channel one IE pretty much not at all. Unless of course they choose, not the UK, to break the GFA and suffer the consequences.

Why is it that remainers vocabulary seems to consist of nothing but words like disaster, ruin, chaos,lies etc? It's so depressing to read, you'll never find such pessimistic and dismal words used by brexiteers...

So tick, tock dribbles. We rapidly approach the brick wall we warned you about, and you and Boris are still sitting in the driver's seat with your foot on the pedal wishing the wall out of existence. The truth of your fucking stupid Brexit is about to become apparent, and no amount of rhetoric on your part will hide that ugly reality. Come January 1st, you and Boris are going to look as stupid as we always knew you were.

Unless Boris buckles at the last minutes, of course. Unless he folds like a cheap suit and asks for an extension or accepts a BINO. Those are still possible, even at this stage. So your dream may well be dependent on the bravery of one Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. A man that has never found a challenge he wouldn't run away from. A man who has abandoned children to an extent we're not allowed to know about. A man who, if he does possess a spine, has never given us any indication of it. Feels to me like you've hung your dream from the wonkiest of hooks.

It's going to be an interesting few weeks. In the Chinese curse sense of the word.
    Don't worry about your and my leader Boris and his commitment to Brexit, with the democratic majority snapping at his heels he will "get brexit done." There is no brexit brick wall as such except in your mind, only the approach of that brightening brexit light of freedom and sunny uplands at the end of a long dark tunnel of EU captivity.

Be humble and grateful that we brexiteers, in a generous spirit of unity to be fair, choose to share all of those brexit benefits with you remainers. tick tock...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I feel sorry for dribbles.

Why is it that remainers vocabulary seems to consist of nothing but words like disaster, ruin, chaos,lies etc? It's so depressing to read, you'll never find such pessimistic and dismal words used by brexiteers...
    Because you're delusional. You are sitting in a padded cell, smearing shit over your face and calling it ice-cream. It isn't our fault that reality never intrudes into your thinking, otherwise you'd be using the same descriptive terms we are. But come Jannuary 1st, reality WILL start to intrude, like it or not. And my biggest concern is that my "pessimism" is going to be, if anything, overly optimistic.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-11-12 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

There won't be a physical border down the Irish sea, don't be so silly, and the UK will not break the GFA by installing the same between the North and South of Ireland. The EU will presumably police that border in the same way they do the La Manche/English Channel one IE pretty much not at all. Unless of course they choose, not the UK, to break the GFA and suffer the consequences.
    So why, given 5 years of insistence that it is so important for the UK to take control of its borders, are you happy to relinquish control of your borders to the EU?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    So why, given 5 years of insistence that it is so important for the UK to take control of its borders, are you happy to relinquish control of your borders to the EU?
    Schrodinger’s Hard Border.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I'm fairly confident the Irish are smart enough to see that the UK is at fault for a border between Ireland and Northern Ireland, the UK's breaking of the Withdraw Agreement which has the border in the Irish Sea to avoid issues with the GFA leaving the EU little choice but to put up a border to protect themselves.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Schrodinger’s Hard Border.
    Yea, but thats only gonna work if nobody tries to observe the border

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    We are doing no such thing with Brexit taking back control of all UK borders as the EU continue have no authority over theirs.

The ultimate security of the British Isles, including Ireland and its borders, falls to the UK not the EU. The UK are the protectors and guarantors of the GFA. Only the EU propose a hard border across the middle of Ireland breaking the GFA not the UK and I doubt we will allow the EU permission to do it, and they certainly lack the means or ability to enforce it against our wishes. They are the cold hard facts.

I'm afraid cynical EU attempts to weaponise the GFA as a bargaining chip against the UK in brexit talks were always a non-starter and have failed.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We are doing no such thing with Brexit taking back control of all UK borders as the EU continue have no authority over theirs.

The ultimate security of the British Isles, including Ireland and its borders, falls to the UK not the EU. The UK are the protectors and guarantors of the GFA. Only the EU propose a hard border across the middle of Ireland breaking the GFA not the UK and I doubt we will allow the EU permission to do it, and they certainly lack the means or ability to enforce it against our wishes. They are the cold hard facts.

I'm afraid cynical EU attempts to weaponise the GFA as a bargaining chip against the UK in brexit talks were always a non-starter and have failed.
    The EU has no authority over our borders? The UK has no authority over EU borders, thats for sure..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    The EU has no authority over our borders? The UK has no authority over EU borders, thats for sure..
    If only that were true my friend. Let's be realistic here if a hostile foreign power sailed into the port of Dublin, EU territory, who in practice will be first to attempt to repel them? The EU? No of course not. Guess who?

Why do British jets ‘protect’ Irish airspace? (Read EU airspace/borders for all intents and purposes)

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/why-...rish-airspace/

Over land, sea and air as you can see it is the UK who are still, post brexit, masters of EU borders.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If only that were true my friend. Let's be realistic here if a hostile foreign power sailed into the port of Dublin, EU territory, who in practice will be first to attempt to repel them? The EU? No of course not. Guess who?

Why do British jets ‘protect’ Irish airspace? (Read EU airspace/borders for all intents and purposes)

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/why-...rish-airspace/

Over land, sea and air as you can see it is the UK who are still, post brexit, masters of EU borders.
    And when Danish planes intercept russian planes near Sweden we get authority over Sweden? No we do not, that is not how the world works