Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Holy shit! I don't think she's lying and I can't believe that I have to spell this out for you. My response stands.

"She said they received no money from the US government for RESEARCH. She never denied that Pfizer made a deal the US government that was related to our OWS strategy.

We really need to do a better job of teaching context and reading comprehension in our schools."
    hmmm..

The arrangement is an advance-purchase agreement, meaning that the company won’t get paid until they deliver the vaccines.

Pfizer did not accept federal funding to help develop or manufacture the vaccine, unlike front-runners Moderna and AstraZeneca.

Last time i checked in order to claim you got money from a program, you actually have to have "got" the money?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Obviously it's where they throw money at companies and then companies are like "wow, that's a lot of money, thanks, now we can work faster, because this is how things work".
    Actually, it partly is, at least the theory behind it is. It's to facilitate and accelerate the developement, manufactuaing, and distribution of vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics.

The problem is, that Pfizer, got the money for all of the above from Germany, not the US. All the US has done is said, "we'll buy 100m dosages if your faster then everyone who we gave money to."

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Do you understand what OWS even is?
    Yes. Do you?

Fact Sheet: Explaining Operation Warp Speed
    https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/expl...eed/index.html
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

She never denied that Pfizer made a deal the US government that was related to our OWS strategy.
    We were never part of the Warp Speed.
    Uh...that's pretty clear to me? Does she need to do it with signal flags for you or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Uh...that's pretty clear to me? Does she need to do it with signal flags for you or something?
    No, but what she really meant was-

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit! I don't think she's lying and I can't believe that I have to spell this out for you. My response stands.

"She said they received no money from the US government for RESEARCH. She never denied that Pfizer made a deal the US government that was related to our OWS strategy.

We really need to do a better job of teaching context and reading comprehension in our schools."
    So then you agree when you stated:
    Pence didn't say that the US funded Pfizer's research. He said that Operation Warp Speed program helped to accelerate the development of the vaccine.
    that Pence was lying?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    hmmm..

The arrangement is an advance-purchase agreement, meaning that the company won’t get paid until they deliver the vaccines.

Pfizer did not accept federal funding to help develop or manufacture the vaccine, unlike front-runners Moderna and AstraZeneca.

Last time i checked in order to claim you got money from a program, you actually have to have "got" the money?
    I NEVER said that Pfizer got money for research and have stated the opposite numerous times.

And I NEVER claimed that Pfizer has got any money from the OWS deal to date.

More reading comprehension please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    So then you agree when you stated:
    that Pence was lying?
    Did Pence actually say that OWS funded the Pfizer research? I must have missed that. Please provide his quote.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Yes. Do you?

Fact Sheet: Explaining Operation Warp Speed
    https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/expl...eed/index.html
    I do, but your link proves you don't. You can abviously read since you were able to give the opposite of the correct answer to my question. So try to read your link, understand what it is, fix your ignorance, you don't have to admit that your ignorant, but at the very least, shut the fuck up about it, because you are arguing against yourself, and it's embarrassing to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Pence actually say that OWS funded the Pfizer research? I must have missed that. Please provide his quote.
    If OWS didn't fund the Pfizer research then how, pray tell did:
    Operation Warp Speed has indeed allowed the clinical trials to proceed more quickly
    Forum badass alert:

10+ Year Old Account
    Putin khuliyo

I NEVER said that Pfizer got money for research and have stated the opposite numerous times.

And I NEVER claimed that Pfizer has got any money from the OWS deal to date.

More reading comprehension please.

So wait.
    If I buy the vaccine I can officially take credit for the vaccine?
    Because all I've seen so far is a promise to buy their vaccine.

Zan Savior of the World because I am the one responsible for the vaccine!!!!

Mike Pence

HUGE NEWS: Thanks to the public-private partnership forged by President @realDonaldTrump @pfizer announced its Coronavirus Vaccine trial is EFFECTIVE, preventing infection in 90% of its volunteers.

"funded" no. Credit for their vaccine which would include its creation, which would require involvement, Yes
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I was wrong in thinking you could read, I guess if it's not in short tweet 180 character format trumpkins don't know how to read, and when it is, they're so fkn gullible they believe any lie the current con artists in the executive branch tell them and when confronted with reality, they double down in ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

So wait.

Mike Pence

HUGE NEWS: Thanks to the public-private partnership forged by President @realDonaldTrump @pfizer announced its Coronavirus Vaccine trial is EFFECTIVE, preventing infection in 90% of its volunteers.

"funded" no. Credit for their vaccine which would include its creation, which would require involvement, Yes
    I guess so. Everyone who's ever bought any medicine, from covid vaccine, to Tylenol, to a damn bandaid on the shelf, can officially take credit for it's creation.

Quote Originally Posted by docsavagefan View Post
    she said they received no money from the us government for research. She never denied that pfizer made a deal the us government that was related to our ows strategy.

we really need to do a better job of teaching context and reading comprehension in our schools.
    pot fucking kettle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/9CYxyvj.jpg[/G]
    A (very very very very) quick dip to /Pol/ confirms this exact picture.

These people are fucking sad...

7+ Year Old Account
    She said that in the direct context of research funding. How many times do I have to say this before you begin to understand?

That said, it's a matter of public record that Pfizer agreed to a $1.95B OWS contract for the US to purchase 100 million doses of the vaccine. This is fact...undeniable fact.

Yet, you can't bring yourself to acknowledge this fact. Weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet, you can't bring yourself to acknowledge this fact. Weird.
    The $1.95B is for the vaccine after it's ready -
    Awkward....
    Forum badass alert:

7+ Year Old Account
    So wait.

Mike Pence

You said (or certainly implied) that Pence said that OWS funded the Pfizer research. Thanks for admitting you were mistaken.

Awkward....
    as I said, based on his logic, everyone who's bought tylenol get's credit for it's creation. I want to thank you @Lenonis for your tireless efforts and contributions to all the medical treatments and therapeutics you've bought off the shelf at the local Walgreens and CVS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awkward....
    Remember the entitled mentality of hardcore gamers. Implied ownership is very real to them.
    Pre-ordering Cyberpunk gives you the right to issue death threats against the developers everytime there a small delay or when a LGBT character is revealed.

In their mind, Trump totally owns Pfizer's ass this moment.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    as I said, based on his logic, everyone who's bought tylenol get's credit for it's creation. I want to thank you @Lenonis for your tireless efforts and contributions to all the medical treatments and therapeutics you've bought off the shelf at the local Walgreens and CVS.
    i fucking cured polio.
    Well it happened before i was born, but i did get vaccinated for it.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!