Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadowlands Launch Test - November 13

Shadowlands Launch Test - November 13
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    On Friday, November 13 at 11:00 a.m. PST (2:00 p.m. EST) in the Shadowlands Beta, we’re going to set the conditions for the Shadowlands launch and test the transition from Battle for Azeroth to Shadowlands. Please join us.

• The test will take place on the Shadowlands Beta realm Torghast.
    • Starting at 9:00 a.m. PST (12:00 Noon EST), the Torghast realm will be restarted and set to Battle For Azeroth conditions.
    • Before 11:00 a.m. PST, testers can copy of their character(s) over from their live realms.
    • At 11:00 a.m. PST, we will launch Shadowlands on Torghast.

Testers can play through the opening sequences and areas, and we’ll wrap it up two hours later.Please feel free to use the in-game Bug Report tool if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for joining us in this test!

SL launch test on Friday the 13th?..

Are you going for the foreshadowing of the year award?

Even with a test everyone knows it's gonna be a lagfest like every event/expansion has been for ages, small indie game

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Even with a test everyone knows it's gonna be a lagfest like every event/expansion has been for ages, small indie game
    Come one in legion you could play like 20 minutes after launch and in BfA you could play instantly - no issues or unplayable laggs.

I haven't had launch issues in Legion or BfA at all.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You clearly didn’t play Legion or BfA at launch. That being said, SL will have everyone in the same place instead of split up which is why they’re testing

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no hopes whatsoever on a lag free launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    I have no hopes whatsoever on a lag free launch.
    Why? Legion and BfA launched completely lagfree as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaladriel View Post
    To be fair in those expansions the players were split up. Legion had the option of choosing whatever zone while BfA had that plus having factions split up. There is no choice of zones when first questing in Shadowlands.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

BFA didn't, but it wasn't really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That is actually what I keep hearing from ppl in /say when currently camping rares with big groups in Icecrown, yet I have stable framerate and no lag.

Can somebody actually explain how this stuff works, beyond the usual meme-dropping? I mean...you also tend to get replies like "Are you playing on a wooden comp?"
    I did...

I didn't really mean that even if they test it the game will be a lagfest because as far as I remember I never had any problems during launches except for MoP when an ungodly amount of players were crowding into Grommash Hold to pick up the quest then I think there was a quest during the BfA launch where you couldn't click on something even though you were phased because everyone that was phased was clicking on the thing you needed to click on.

I was just talking about the general lag that always comes around eventually, they even redid the entire AH because of it, this goes as far back as MoP and doing those world bosses hitting abilities that don't go off or it taking 10 seconds, looting things took 5 seconds which was around in Legion and BfA, it was around the time they introduced the phasing stuff with bnet friends which then evolved into sharding, phasing, realm merges etc and it has gotten worse since then, granted I haven't played since around November of last year so who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    To be fair in those expansions the players were split up. Legion had the option of choosing whatever zone while BfA had that plus having factions split up. There is no choice of zones when first questing in Shadowlands.
    Isn't this why we have been sharing/layering?

Its nov the 12th and they still havent red my 100ish reports ive given them on beta that there arent even enough mobs for even 2-3 players on many of the quests in both the initial maw starting zone and in bastion (hell, theres one quest wich doesnt have enough mobs for a single solo player lol). Wich means its gonna be a fucking nightmare on openingday launch.

For everyone who decide to test the launch experience, please join me in writing a bug report on every single Q saying "there need to be more mobs, this isnt a solo scenario, its a mmorpg and theres gonna be multiple players doing this simultaniously".

Just copy paste it, worst case nothing happens. Best case, we reach a high enough critical mass of report numbers so they might decide to act on it and make the game better.

Can you stop giving them shit? The Legion launch was amazing. Apparently you forgot that.

Shouldn't they make this part an Open Beta then to get a as close to realistic scenario as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    BFA didn't, but it wasn't really bad.
    I started right at 0:00 and didn't experience any lag or other server issues in BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Won't be players spilt up in Shadowlands as well? At least through the sharding mechanic?

I started right at 0:00 and didn't experience any lag or other server issues in BfA.
    I started at 11pm here UK time, 4 of us leveling together, 2 of us got stuck on loading screens for 20mins and it wasn't uncommon in our friends group either. It wasn't really bad, but there were issues.

ANd my experiences wouldrenders this claim utterly false. I played at launch for Wod, Legion and BFA. Not one of them had lag. The only issue I had with any of them was the spyglass bug. Even then with all the players I had on my screen, I still didn't have any lag.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ANd my experiences wouldrenders this claim utterly false. I played at launch for Wod, Legion and BFA. Not one of them had lag. The only issue I had with any of them was the spyglass bug. Even then with all the players I had on my screen, I still didn't have any lag.
    Wait, how can you say Wod was lag free? the entire first day got wasted because of garrison bottleneck? i agree with the other two expansions but wod was a shitshow in the beginning!

MoP launch was buggy as hell, if anyone who played alliance remembers the introquest when everyone started at the same time.