*HORK HORK HORK*
    Y'hear that folks? It's the sealion alert!
    *HORK HORK HORK*
    Hide yo' fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    It would be somewhat hard to go passed him being the worst president ever. It was a bad run that ended farcically. But that is what you get with an incompetent manchild.
    It'll be hard, but I'll never underestimate republican effort to outdo their shittyness. I give it, 1-2 decades and we'll have someone worse. Hope i'm wrong, and I'll be dead before it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The grift is real... This election shit, is just a scam to make Trump and RNC money:

Donations Under $8K to Trump ‘Election Defense’ Instead Go to President, RNC
    https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news...-president-rnc
    To be fair, I have no problems with him scamming his stupid base for money. Maybe once they run out they can start asking why that is. Probably not, but just maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

142,808 new cases, around 34k more than last Wednesday. Another new national record. Louisiana elected not to report because it's Veteran's Day and I have to assume this happened to a lesser degree in other areas of the country. Not whole states, but some counties, surely. Really, Louisiana?

Top 20:

Texas: 12,760 new cases; 120 deaths
    Illinois: 12,657 new cases (new record); 153 deaths
    Wisconsin: 7,048 new cases; 62 deaths
    Michigan: 6,620 new cases; 42 deaths
    Kansas: 5,881 new cases (new record); 34 deaths
    Ohio: 5,874 new cases; 68 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Iowa: 5,039 new cases; 26 deaths
    Indiana: 5,036 new cases (new record); 31 deaths
    Minnesota: 4,889 new cases; 58 deaths (new record)
    New York: 4,609 new cases; 22 deaths
    California: 4,260 new cases; 37 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 4,098 new cases; 62 deaths
    Colorado: 3,975 new cases (new record); 16 deaths
    Tennessee: 3,632 new cases; 89 deaths (new record)
    North Carolina: 3,119 new cases (new record); 38 deaths
    Missouri: 2,744 new cases; 25 deaths
    Kentucky: 2,698 new cases (new record); 14 deaths
    New Jersey: 2,683 new cases; 12 deaths
    Massachusetts: 2,660 new cases; 38 deaths

More records broken in Arkansas, Alabama, Idaho, New Mexico, Rhode Island, West Virginia and Vermont.

As mentioned above, I feel like today's numbers might actually be slightly underreported if some regions decided to take a day off because of Veteran's Day like Louisiana did, but likely not by much. I fully expect us to break 150k tomorrow, possibly 160k. Friday will be even worse.

Texas had their second-highest day on record as things continue to spiral out of control there. They'll likely break their record this week. If you would like to take a gander at the map found here you'll note that all but three states are listed as "uncontrolled spread" now. The states that had been doing better a couple weeks ago have begun to succumb to the shitshow from the bordering states and their numbers are reflecting that. Hold onto your butts. Wear a fucking mask.

1,478 deaths is over 275 more than last Wednesday and brings the total to 247,397. Illinois had a huge spike today that I'm not entirely certain isn't a correction. I still have a hard time accessing some local sites for clarity, so if anyone from that neck of the woods wants to set the record straight by all means do so. The increase in deaths over the previous week looks to be accelerating as we expected. And as the daily new cases rise and the hospitals fill to capacity we can expect that to exacerbate the issue. Things need to turn around SOON if we want to avoid 2k+. I do not expect things to turn around soon.

Related news:

As Covid hospitalizations soar, states struggle to find enough beds and staff--To illustrate my point.

3 more White House officials reportedly test positive for COVID-19, adding to new cluster--Biden might have to start his term at Camp David while they fucking disinfect the White House after this administration.

'Faces of Covid' features a veteran who lost their life to Covid-19 every hour on Veterans Day--It hasn't been explicitly said, but my daily numbers include US Military and Veteran Affairs cases and deaths--over 175k cases and 4.3k deaths to date.

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-11-12 at 02:17 AM.

I keep thinking that it can't get worse. And then it does. Its still a week until the election day spike as well.

After everything the US has been though, I hadn't expected narcissistic incompetence to be the thing to bring it low.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    It was a good run that ended sour.
    This is a lie and can be summarily dismissed.

something ongoing though:

Although Biden is already set to be seated as president, Trump is actively refusing to concede power and starting some kind of anti-support campaign against Biden. Will Trump get anywhere with this?

Although Biden is already set to be seated as president, Trump is actively refusing to concede power and starting some kind of campaign against Biden. Will Trump get anywhere with this?
    No sealion. He will be dragged out by his fat cankles, no matter how much you want him to stay.

ugh triple digits again here. heartbreaking. I was hoping our Governor was wrong in the projected 12,000 deaths by end of year, but being wrong by over estimate, probably gonna be much higher now. =(

edit - @Benggaul I'm not seeing anything from abc chicago about it being a correction. The one day we had a big spike in back sept, they made it clear it was a correction. nothing now. just how many we lost in the last 24 hours. =(
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-11-12 at 02:52 AM.

Although Biden is already set to be seated as president, Trump is actively refusing to concede power and starting some kind of anti-support campaign against Biden. Will Trump get anywhere with this?
    This is exactly what you Trumpsters wanted.

Of course he will, just keep giving him money. Whatever you do, don't stop giving him money. Even if they turn off your internet and you cannot post anymore, just keep giving.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

From Wikipedia

Following the 2020 presidential election, Trump is projected to be succeeded by president-elect Joe Biden. However, Trump has refused to concede defeat, making unsubstantiated accusations of electoral fraud and mounting a series of legal challenges to the results. He has ordered White House officials not to co-operate in the presidential transition.[1]

That's what I mean

From Wikipedia

Following the 2020 presidential election, Trump is projected to be succeeded by president-elect Joe Biden. However, Trump has refused to concede defeat, making unsubstantiated accusations of electoral fraud and mounting a series of legal challenges to the results. He has ordered White House officials not to co-operate in the presidential transition.[1]

That's what I mean
    Once again, this is what you Trumpsters wanted.

When you support a fascist, expect fascism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    1,478 deaths.
    God dammit, this isn't a spike, it's a goddam mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Once again, this is what you Trumpsters wanted.

When you support a fascist, expect fascism.
    People say we might enter civil war, others say Trump will just get dragged out without any fare.

People say we might enter civil war, others say Trump will just get dragged out without any fare.
    That's exactly what you wanted.

You wanted to support a fascist, so own it.

Damn have had over 100k cases already this month alone. we're on day 11 of this month. in the last 11 days we've had 20% of the total cases from the last 8 months combined. fkn please lock illinois the fuck down shelter in place it's out of control!!!!

From Wikipedia

That's what I mean
    Doesn't matter what fucking Wikipedia has said, he will be dragged out by his fat cankles.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Doesn't matter what fucking Wikipedia has said, he will be dragged out by his fat cankles.
    It really will be a missed opportunity if they don't stream it.