Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The crazy thing is if Trump didn't keep shooting himself in the feet he could have easily won this election.

All he had to do was:

• Not convince his supporters that wearing a mask was a political statement, sending some of them to the hospital or an early grave.
    • Not discourage his supporters from using mail-in ballots to easily and safely vote from the comfort of their own homes.
    • Not repeatedly insult the recently deceased Senator that Arizona kept electing for 30 years.

Well, okay, that probably wouldn't have gotten him enough Electoral Votes, but he might have won AZ and GA.
    I think the bigger impact would have been PA. A lot of GA seems to be from the work Abrams has put in over the last 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/iv...mp-alaska-win/

Republicans like SOME projections...just the one they win.
    Tee hee, look what else I spotted on Snopes' feed:

Although it's worth pointing out that the main reason Andrew Johnson isn't in the middle with him is that he was never elected President at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Can't wait to tell my future kids how many moderate Democrats complained about "defund the police being a bad slogan" and said Democrats shouldn't get on board with it because Republicans will attack them on it, right after the summer of the largest civil rights protest movement in American history. I want to make sure they learn a lesson about not becoming the white moderate that MLK warned us about decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Can't wait to tell my future kids how many moderate Democrats complained about "defund the police being a bad slogan" and said Democrats shouldn't get on board with it because Republicans will attack them on it, right after the summer of the largest civil rights protest movement in American history. I want to make sure they learn a lesson about not becoming the white moderate that MLK warned us about decades ago.

It is a bad slogan.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Well now I see why I missed your "point"... because it's nonsense.

I pointed out that making assumptions about groups is wrong, and that the poster was doing exactly that. This "calling all Nazi supporters Nazi's is racist" is an utterly bizarre interpretation.
    Which brings us full circle to you still not getting the point. Remember, just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it isn't valid. Just ask all the people who support Trump....

15+ Year Old Account
    They should change it to "Refund the Police."

It's accurate (reallocating funding) and everyone loves getting refunds.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump may accept results but never concede he lost, aides say

Hey @cubby can you plead 'no contest' to an election?
    Lol, as with most thing "2020", I never thought of it before now, but since you mention it...why the fuck not.

Terrific post from the Fox News Desk re the AZ AG.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    From what I can tell, once the race was called in favor of Biden, a few conservative democrats took the opportunity to bash the left wing of the party. Well quite a few. AOC responded forcefully as well as quickly. Quite a few people acted like AOC started the whole mess and asked Why is AOC attacking moderate democrats???
    Apparently it was all started by John Kasich, whose motives should be painfully obvious lol. No idea why anyone took him seriously.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

The naming convention on this movement couldn't have been fucking worse it they'd tried to kill it. The GOP is horrific, but when it comes to naming things, as the former CIA Director said of the KGB, they world class.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I agree with all these sentiments but I do think that the policy could easily be given a name that's less easily exploited by right wing propagandists, without weakening its intent in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I agree with all these sentiments but I do think that the policy could easily be given a name that's less easily exploited by right wing propagandists, without weakening its intent in any way.
    Have a helpful comic to explain to right wingers how it would benefit the police as well:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It is a bad slogan.
    Fuck that noise.

It's vague. All slogans are vague. That's the point of a slogan.

It's no less vague than MLK's "I have a dream". No less vague than "We shall overcome". Or "There's a change gonna come". Or "All Power To the People".

In fact, it's more specific. It specifies a target (the police), and a specific form of action (defunding).

This "it's a bad slogan" is just cover for willful ignorance and racist propagandizing with the intent of supporting and protecting police brutality. You have to pretend to not understand what "defund" means, or any of the context of the movement the slogan represents, and what they are asking for. To replace their position with whatever horse shit you have decided to lie and pretend is, instead, the intent.

What you mean is "the slogan is easy to lie about and misrepresent". And that's true of basically all slogans. By their nature, which is to be a brief inspirational (not descriptive or definitive) sentence fragment.

The real issue here is people playing into the disinformation campaign and accepting their horseshit manipulation as reasonable, and putting the blame for that on their targets. Fuck that. It's no different than the racist fearmongering about black power movements in the '60s, where this precisely the same tactic was used by white supremacist groups to misrepresent those in the civil rights movement. Same tactic, 60 years later, and we apparently haven't learned a fucking thing.

It's a fine slogan. If you don't understand what it means, it's because you choose to avoid making any effort to learn, because you are prejudiced against any support for black civil rights.

Note that the latter isn't directed at you. I'm sure you do understand it. You're just choosing to carry water for the racist disinformation agents professing that they don't, for some goddamned reason.
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-11-12 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Note that the latter isn't directed at you. I'm sure you do understand it. You're just choosing to carry water for the racist disinformation agents professing that they don't, for some goddamned reason.
    Jim Clyburn is certainly a racist disinformation agent.

Probably too early to say, but if Marco Rubio keeps talking like this he'll be a challenge in 2024. (Amusing to hear dems infighting)

I personally prefer "Rebuild the Police."

And of course, defunding them is the first step of that.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Fuck that noise.

It's vague. All slogans are vague. That's the point of a slogan.

It's no less vague than MLK's "I have a dream". No less vague than "We shall overcome". Or "There's a change gonna come". Or "All Power To the People".

In fact, it's more specific. It specifies a target (the police), and a specific form of action (defunding).
    It is also negative rather than positive

I like positive, goal oriented slogans personally, focusing on what is hoped to be gained not what is going to be lost

Of course to be perfectly fair.. if i lived in New York one glance at the NYPD might make me feel that defunding was the positive goal, i do not live in New York but rather Denmark where the positive goal would be repairing issues..

“Defund” has an inherently negative connotation to it.

::shrug::
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Probably too early to say, but if Marco Rubio keeps talking like this he'll be a challenge in 2024. (Amusing to hear dems infighting)
    I have a tale to tell you about Reince Priebus and the aftermath of 2012.

TLDR the moral of the story is that the culture war shit and fiscal conservatism are inherently linked because the latter services the former.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Why the fuck would:

CT, NH, CA, NJ or Southern Maine (which is really just north Massachusetts with lobsters) ever go red?

That guy isn't just wrong. He's a totally new definition of "wrong."
    Putin khuliyo