Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    What the hell are you even talking about? We saw Tyrande toss an orc head into the moonwell to become the Night Warrior. We've seen Bolvar in chains high above ICC. We literally just got a cinematic of Garrosh being tortured as a battery.

WoW might not have blood and gore squirting out during the cinematic clips, but they're definitely not some PG only company. WoW is literally rated T by the ESRB for blood and gore, crude humor, mild language, suggestive themes, and use of alcohol and violence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Except for that one quest in WotLK that literally has the player character torture an enemy mage...
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I would like to point out that the Horde (yes, the playable faction) just committed genocide (assisted by the PC) and invaded Brennendam shortly after, where they slaughtered civilians and impaled them on spears on walls where their children had to watch them die while they bled out. Also the undead literally have a "farm" where they bury humans in the ground so that only their head is above the earth so they can experiment on them. All of that is currently ingame.
    Also on Darkshore Malfurion buried Horde soldiers alive to let them suffocate while currently Alleria is torturing Sylvanas loyalists with Anduins explicit permission.
    Your argument is kinda strange considering all of that.
    None of these situations are put in cinematics that can be shown with vivid detail. This is not like Diablo. Even the burning of Teldrassil wasn't that crazy. And that is from the perspective of the villain (if you thought by that point that Sylvanas wouldn't become the villain then idk what to tell you)

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Is that not exactly what she did tho?

Obviously blizz would not show it.. but i'm 99% that she cut off his head and did not just slit his throat
    Well yeah, it sounds like that but honestly they aren't going to take it further than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Here's a God of Peace idea. Put him in chains and under watch to hopefully get some information out of him. And not let him reunite with Sylvanas, like he says he wishes to. The guy went to the most Nathanosy place ever (his own home), taunted everyone to kill him, and flat out SAID that him dying there is the plan, what more do you want?

I know I may be the grumpy guy here, but please, in addition to cool visuals, an ounce of logic in those cinematics can't be too much to ask for.
    True, but then you have the "YOINK ANDUIN" cinematic so I wouldn't expect too much. I enjoyed this cinematic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Another strong woman who lost everything and is somehow treated as a psycho and the villain, how original.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    She just saw her city, everything she had built and achieved in the last decade, erased in front of her eyes, and you tell me she should NOT feel vengeance? Pff.

I completely despise this narrative that we are now shaming a woman for wanting revenge after she lost everything. I thought the community learned from Jaina, but apparently they didn't.

This is clearly a community problem. Blizzard found it weird how some people thought Jaina was evil, as she was completely justified in her desire for vengeance. Tyrande is no different.
    I'm not one to care about gender when it comes to these things. All I know is that I'm happy that we got the old Tyrande back, I waited years for something like this. Also did anyone notice how Malfurion sat by and watched it happen? Nice detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite View Post
    Dunno about that. To see the cinematic you have to complete the quest to kill him. To get said quest you have to speak to Shaw who shows you what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    She has no idea what he means by that. Unlike us who have been drowned in SL news for months now, she just saw some shitty discount fallen angels come her way which she disposed off, she has no idea how the shadowlands work and what Sylvanas has to do with that, to her it could have all been bravado.

For us though we know it was entirely meaningless to kill him and indeed it makes her time to shine look rather dimm to say the least. I hold the opinion that she should have killed him back in darkshore, where she suddenly forgot all the power she had. In fact I personally have the feeling Nathanos being a world boss, most of his fight being just a way to show off how indestructable and awsome he is while gloating over us, is just one last big middle finger to everyone who doesn't like a certain wow writer's pet character before he gets the raid boss treatment in patch 9.1 or later.
    Basically yeah. What Haidaes said.

Also Genn (pretty sure Shaw wasn't there to see the Mawsworn) saw them but that doesn't really mean he knows what they are. I assume everyone is gonna learn what is really happening in the 2nd part of the pre-patch.

What I'm really hoping for SL is that Sylvanas dies, and Tyrande survives.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Why do we assume Tryande knows anything about the Shadowlands? Was she reading MMO Champion and watching lore videos like we were.... I mean why do we constantly create lore logic as if every WoW characters is looking on the outside in like we the viewers are lol.
    You nailed it, she was reading MMO-Champion and keeping it for herself all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Why do we assume Tryande knows anything about the Shadowlands? Was she reading MMO Champion and watching lore videos like we were.... I mean why do we constantly create lore logic as if every WoW characters is looking on the outside in like we the viewers are lol.
    Pretty much. We've been fed info about Shadowlands for a year now so it makes sense to think even the characters know about it.

yea i mean that cutscene was pretty PG not even the slightest hint at some CG blood
    on the other hand whats better than getting to kill someone you hate twice im sure Tyrande would enjoy killing Garry 2.0 I mean sylvanas in front of nanny
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

15+ Year Old Account
    Because maybe Tyrande will eventually get the Garrosh/Sylvanas treatment

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Why? Because Tyrande right now is rage blind. She has a goal to kill Sylvanas and her allies, and the goal is what matters, nothing else.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    It actually makes sense, yeah. I guess she just couldn't hold herself and we have to think she's going crazy from anger and guilt.
    She is mirroring Illidans path to power it is pretty obvious, just wait until Malfurion dies and she loses all control. (just a theory since he was underutilized for a reason to detach people from his character.)

My guess is her going through this will make her closer to Illidan as far as understanding the sacrifice he made for his people and the world.

So its "For Teldrassil" that she spared him and helped him to get to Sylvanas?

- - - Updated - - -

Then show this person in the cinematic and not a calm and collected one
    you never heard of silent rage? it must suck for you to watch movies like captain america: civil war. tons of silent rage in that movie. bunch of people who are raging on the inside but trying to remain calm enough to at least get something done.

In universe, she can't handle the night warriors power and combined with her guilt, anger and thirst for retribution she couldn't allow herself to let him live.

Out of universe, they have plans for him in SL. Easiest ticket getting there is by dying.

So its "For Teldrassil" that she spared him and helped him to get to Sylvanas?
    your definition of "spared" is questionable at best. she either cut his head off, or slit his throat, both seem pretty painful. she also ended his life in azeroth afaik, which is probably also a not as convenient as you think.

still my point stands. she wanted revenge, "For Teldrassil". thats why she killed him.

Then show this person in the cinematic and not a calm and collected one
    Hey look, tons of examples about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The "problem" is that people are simply looking for problems.

She offed him, it was within her right to do so and I'm not sure what's so strange and unfitting there. First time you seen villain in WoW blabbering about "muh death is meaningless, it's all part of muh grand plan!"

Yes, eventually we're going Shadowlands and eventually he will be back and eventually we will either disenchant him permanently or he and Sylvanus become some 4D chess saviors of Azeroth. But for now he gets to bite the dust as he should.
    The problem is that we already know he will be resurrected by Sylvie already before we even get to the Shadowlands. Its just so predictable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Night Warrior is an incarnation of Elunes wrath, they don't seek peace, just vengeance.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I'm not one to care about gender when it comes to these things. All I know is that I'm happy that we got the old Tyrande back, I waited years for something like this. Also did anyone notice how Malfurion sat by and watched it happen? Nice detail.
    You mean that white owl? I think it is Dori'thur, Tyrande's spirit owl companion, not Malfurion. Malfurion's flight form was actually a Lunarwing, last time we've seen it in Darkshore scenario.

To be sent back to Sylvanas in utter failure?

I'd sooner choose the arms cut off option.

Bear in mind this pawn has now failed twice in a row, counting Shadows Rising. Remember what happened to Koltira for one act of mercy, Zelling for one act of honor, and Elsie Benton for one act of empathy?

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...YourUsefulness
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-11-12 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Isn't the main writer a dude named Christie Golden.. and also a girl?

I think it's a compromise as always. They want to foreshadow Tyrande playing an important role, display her new powers but also they want to have Nathanos function as a recognizable raid boss at some point. Have Tyrande kill him off and forebode that he will be sent to the Shadowlands.
    Golden isn’t the main writer and doesn’t direct the story.

Why bother with the effort? She beat him effortlessly, even if he were to reappear in the Shadowlands he'd still not be a threat. Besides, left on Azeroth he could potentially be a threat somehow. Azerothian prisons and traps aren't well known for keeping high profile figures put away for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    You mean that white owl? I think it is Dori'thur, Tyrande's spirit owl companion, not Malfurion. Malfurion's flight form was actually a Lunarwing, last time we've seen it in Darkshore scenario.
    Oh, I keep mistaking those two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    He literally told her that his soul would go to the Shadowlands to be reunited with Sylvanas. Why not just cut his arms off and take him prisoner? Tie a rock to him and drop him in the South Sea. He's undead, he'd be eliminated as a threat. Hell, she could hire a gnome to launch him into space. Or hand him off to the Wardens.

Better idea, give him to the Illidari and have them consume his soul to power the Fel Hammer or something.
    How should I put this... Tyrande scrapped whatever pieces of INT gear she had left when she switched from priest to warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    He literally told her that his soul would go to the Shadowlands to be reunited with Sylvanas. Why not just cut his arms off and take him prisoner? Tie a rock to him and drop him in the South Sea. He's undead, he'd be eliminated as a threat. Hell, she could hire a gnome to launch him into space. Or hand him off to the Wardens.

Better idea, give him to the Illidari and have them consume his soul to power the Fel Hammer or something.
    It gets mostly explained in Shadowlands if you pick Night Fae. It explains what happens to somebody if they take in the Night Warrior's power.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.