Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Yeah. It's an awful slogan, mainly because Americans are extremely skittish.
    I think it's a bad slogan, because it plays on people's fears to undermine itself.

It's a lot like the ACAB push, when it causes people to recoil, as most people know a cop personally, and don't think that one particular officer is a bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    The very first sentence? I assume you mean your first sentence, because the target of my original reply asserts no such thing. It's only later that the nonsense accusation that all supporters were knowingly in on some secret code worded agenda came about. Now if you are referring to me answering you, yes, you stated the ideology is lying (in your second post to me, so please decide which "first sentence" you mean) and gave examples which had nothing to do with proving the accusation that all supporters were part of this secret.

So pray enlighten me what your point was then, since you're not as clear as you seem to think. Otherwise, you seem to be accusing me of defending Nazis or something.

Political affiliation is supposed to be informed by sincerely held beliefs. You choose a candidate as close as possible to those beliefs. Sadly it's almost always the lesser of two (or more) evils, but that's another topic. My point was that racism is making an unfounded blanket assumption about a group. If that behavior is objectionable (and should be), then it applies to other groups as well. The poster made an unfounded blanket assumption about all Trump supporters.

Even putting aside your childish name calling here, you just defended sincerely held beliefs. You're more than welcome to try to prove the assertion that the choice wasn't made out of such beliefs, let alone the original point to which I objected, that it was in bad faith.
    Political affiliation has nothing to do with belief, attaching belief is the problem.

It should be evidence based decision-making, not a cult.

Trumpers (trumpets was an autocorrect btw, because Trumper isn't a word) have looked at Trump, all his flaws, his history of misogyny and racism, his lack of business acumen or other relevant experience, the totality of his character, and said "I like this. I want more of this".

That is absolutely a choice worth derision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Fuck that noise.

It's vague. All slogans are vague. That's the point of a slogan.

It's no less vague than MLK's "I have a dream". No less vague than "We shall overcome". Or "There's a change gonna come". Or "All Power To the People".

In fact, it's more specific. It specifies a target (the police), and a specific form of action (defunding).

This "it's a bad slogan" is just cover for willful ignorance and racist propagandizing with the intent of supporting and protecting police brutality. You have to pretend to not understand what "defund" means, or any of the context of the movement the slogan represents, and what they are asking for. To replace their position with whatever horse shit you have decided to lie and pretend is, instead, the intent.

What you mean is "the slogan is easy to lie about and misrepresent". And that's true of basically all slogans. By their nature, which is to be a brief inspirational (not descriptive or definitive) sentence fragment.

The real issue here is people playing into the disinformation campaign and accepting their horseshit manipulation as reasonable, and putting the blame for that on their targets. Fuck that. It's no different than the racist fearmongering about black power movements in the '60s, where this precisely the same tactic was used by white supremacist groups to misrepresent those in the civil rights movement. Same tactic, 60 years later, and we apparently haven't learned a fucking thing.

It's a fine slogan. If you don't understand what it means, it's because you choose to avoid making any effort to learn, because you are prejudiced against any support for black civil rights.

Note that the latter isn't directed at you. I'm sure you do understand it. You're just choosing to carry water for the racist disinformation agents professing that they don't, for some goddamned reason.
    The hilarious thing is one would think that the Police would welcome this change that "Defund the police" is about since it would make sure that many times they wont need to go to situations they cannot handle. Or atleast not handle in a good way.

Is anyone able to use some sound and video skills to edit this video? Change Democrats to Republicans and Trump to Biden during the 'roll tape' part?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pSmwq_13uE

WEEWOOWEEWOOWEEWOO SNOWFLAKE ALERT:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-sup...234524378.html

Michael Mason says he took legal action after being “harassed” by his Democratic supporting neighbours who he says mocked him over Trump’s loss.
    And he says he even called the police after the neighbouring children chanted about Mr Biden’s win to upset his own children
    “I didn’t want to do this. They’re making me have to do this. I’m tired of getting harassed all the time. My kids don’t want to come outside.”
    “I didn’t want to do this. They’re making me have to do this. I’m tired of getting harassed all the time. My kids don’t want to come outside.”
    Mr Mason also says the neighbours wrote “BLM” and “LGBTQ” in chalk on the pavement outside his home.

“I went down there and asked them, ‘Well, why didn’t you write this in front of your house, or anybody else’s house? Why mine?’ And they just laughed at me,” he said.
    I had to double check this wasn't sourced from The Onion.

Joe Biden is not getting intelligence reports because Trump officials won't recognize him as president-elect.

Biden transition officials confirm that Biden's not receiving the President's Daily Brief, the intel report that goes to senior U.S. officials.

Just the dumbest stuff in the world. Again 70 million people voted for this piece of crap.

I was trying to come up with a scenario but no idiot would do this. At least let me say that any other President would allow an incoming President to get Intelligence Briefings because yunno..... Country over Party. Where you know the incoming person is the a person who is there to help our country.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The problem with reform is that what we (as progressives) have been doing for decades is attempting to "reform" the police.

It's effectively a meaningless statement. And I think that that's been true in American politics for awhile now. The bite has been taken out of it, and it is easily disregarded by politicians who attempt meager policy changes without addressing root problems (like body cameras have turned out to be), and then claim they are reformers.

Rebuilding has a cultural touchstone for the decaying industry and infrastructure most of our citizens actually want to flourish again (even if that might seem unlikely).
    I'd disagree here. We've been trying to reform laws for decades, there hasn't been much focus on the actual people enforcing the laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know why they still haven't called Georgia?

Arizona, It's Biden +11,635 with 22,456 outstanding.

Georgia It's Biden +14,057 with ??? outstanding

It looked like they were done counting days ago in Georgia and for days we've been getting tiny trickle-in amounts. ~1 day ago there were 2,446 votes that went 80% Biden. Next biggest drop was 2 days ago there were 1,306 votes that went 80% Biden.

Republicans being hypocrites example #1,204,880

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I'd disagree here. We've been trying to reform laws for decades, there hasn't been much focus on the actual people enforcing the laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know why they still haven't called Georgia?

Arizona, It's Biden +11,635 with 22,456 outstanding.

Georgia It's Biden +14,057 with ??? outstanding

It looked like they were done counting days ago in Georgia and for days we've been getting tiny trickle-in amounts. ~1 day ago there were 2,446 votes that went 80% Biden. Next biggest drop was 2 days ago there were 1,306 votes that went 80% Biden.
    I think it was said the networks wouldn't call any state if the result is within 0,5%.

They called Pennsylvania the minute Biden's lead exceeded 0,5%.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://alex.github.io/nyt-2020-elec...-changes.html#

not official of course, it's more about the math. even with all votes for Trump in the ongoing counts, he is trailing in Arizona Nevada and Georgia; the percentage he gains is nowhere near the percentage he would need to flip.
    Pennsylvania is over: the margin in favour of Biden is above the remaining votes to count, hence the odd 163 % hurdle

thus everything outside of Penn is silly. Biden can lose all 3 states and is still pres elect.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    You talk as though that means anything to a party that has violated federal law at least once an hour for the past 5 years.
    Oh, I am not disputing that they might try it... just claiming it is very unlikely to work. It is the longest of long shots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Robocop is such great satire.
    Satire? Allegory of Christ you mean.

He tried to do what was right with his small group who believed as he did before his ascension, was then murdered by the government for his deeds. He came back 3 days later. Now with a mandate to enforce rules for the good of the people, while those who spurned him face punishment. He was tempted many times but always stayed true to himself.

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    ”A lot of potential danger”

Link: https://news.yahoo.com/lot-potential...023956799.html
    This entire thing is going south fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    This entire thing is going south fast.
    That's what happens when one of the two major parties in the country coddles a dictator.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
    From 200,000 votes to less than 10,000 votes. If we can audit the total votes cast, we will easily win Arizona also!

pathetic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
    From 200,000 votes to less than 10,000 votes. If we can audit the total votes cast, we will easily win Arizona also!

pathetic
    Who was it that told all his people not vote by mail . . . ?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Who was it that told all his people not vote by mail . . . ?
    That was clearly his intention given how he's trying to get all mail in votes thrown out now. I'm not sure why he thought it would work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I've been considering it a bit more, and I think the future will be more clear after the electoral college certifies the vote, which all states should have done by December. If Trump continues his course at that time, then it will become evident that he is a de facto tyrant, or would-be tyrant as I think he is likely to fail in any bid he makes. However, it is incredibly interesting how right-wing Americans, who from what I'm aware are typically more likely to defend the second amendment without or with very little condition, seem to be the ones accepting of tyrannical rule, or at least are ignorant of it. It does strangely follow that if people who defend the second amendment refuse to stand up in the face of tyranny, then it seems as though the second amendment is essentially nothing but vestigial legislation which no longer has any real meaning and should be removed.
    I've been saying for ages that when fascism comes to America, those Second Amendment nutbars will be falling over themselves in their hurry to strap on the jackboots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Robocop is such great satire.
    I fucking love the pitch black sense of humour in that film.

"Lose the arm" is probably my favourite scene.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    GND, M4a, and Defund the Police was actively used against Democrats in swing districts, but sure keep telling yourself that.

No one is saying completely drop the ideals of the Democratic party, but ffs, learn that words have meaning.
    The Republicans have shown clearly that when they run out of easy talking points to exploit, they'll simply lie. And a lot of those schmucks will believe them, no matter how ridiculous it is. I wouldn't bother worrying about what they will say about you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    WEEWOOWEEWOOWEEWOO SNOWFLAKE ALERT:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-sup...234524378.html

I had to double check this wasn't sourced from The Onion.
    ...Sulla?

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

"The unusual way the Trump campaign is divvying up the contributions has drawn scrutiny from election watchdogs, who say Trump and his family are poised to financially benefit from the arrangement. 'This is a slush fund. That’s the bottom line.'"
    https://t.co/bjeOMqs0ht
    https://twitter.com/BillKristol/stat...404892160?s=19

AP need article attached.

You know sometimes we over complicate things. If I try to compliment Trump is he is always focused on The Conn. Besides the general election 2020 slush fund, this is another way to steal money.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!