Yakuza Like A Dragon

Finally out on Steam and consoles, a bit pricey though.

Been playing it for 4 hours and it is pretty amazing. Story, characters are great and the JRPG element blends in pretty nicely !

This is my favorite yakuza game.

What are the chances I can get away with playing this one without playing the others?

Because this looks great and I'm more interested in playing it rather than the others. But I will play the others.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    What are the chances I can get away with playing this one without playing the others?

Because this looks great and I'm more interested in playing it rather than the others. But I will play the others.
    This is the beginning of a completely different story. There are a few easter eggs that are throwbacks to the prior games, but by all means hop in here if you want.

This is not a sensible question. The other games mean next to nothing in the context of this game.

Yes, it is fine to.start here.

Edit: It just dawned on me I totally misunderstood the nature of this question I replied in a very poor manner too. I apologize, I had the totally wrong notion here.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-11-12 at 11:25 PM.

Almost 14h in and barely got my 4th party member now. Gonna be a long ride, i'd guess. I still have two greyed out options in the menu.
    Not that that's a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure I want to pay $60 for it, but as soon as it drops down a bit I am all over it. Looks amazing. Keeps all that Yakuza charm and shifts from brawler to turn based rpg quite well. All the job change stuff looks really fun.

The title of the game is funny. They did a RE7:Biohazard thing were the subtitle of the game is what the series is called in Japan. Yakuza is the western name for the series. I believe it is actually numbered as the 7th game in the series in Japan. With them actually including an english dub this time around, it's clear they are shooting for the game to be less of a niche title in the west than it has been.

For anyone looking to get into the main Yakuza games/story, Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami (a remake of the first game) both released in 2017 would be a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This is not a sensible question. The other games mean next to nothing in the context of this game.
    Was the cunty first sentence necessary?

Val thinks Trump stopped the Korean War and they answered like a normal person.

Was the cunty first sentence necessary?

Val thinks Trump stopped the Korean War and they answered like a normal person.
    I don't know who Val is but I did not think it was cunty either. It seemed logical to me; the game would not have any gameplay dependant on previous games in the series you needed to play. To my view, it would have made as much sense as saying "What are the chances I can get away without playing previous Grand Theft Auto or Mario Kart before this one?"

I think this is a nonsensical question as; it does not make sense to the subject of the game.

Sorry, bro. I am admittedly cunty without realizing it. But the answer is still, no. It's fine to just start here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    You can also sound less like an asshat. The title of the game makes it sound like it's part of a series, so the question makes sense. Especially how most media calls it yakuza 7

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    You can also sound less like an asshat. The title of the game makes it sound like it's part of a series, so the question makes sense. Especially how most media calls it yakuza 7
    I don't agree. I think this type of concern is foolish. I edited my post up top. Sorry, I was wrong and only realized it now.

I very much apologize. No ill will meant.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-11-12 at 11:27 PM.

Its a great game, I played it in the spring and was able to understand probably about 60-70 percent, ill pick it up again soon. Ive been with the series since the beginning, so while this one is quite different, the entire series is worth a look. Well, maybe not dead souls but the rest for sure.

Decided to start this game while I wait for my PS5 to arrive. So glad this has a dub, it makes the copious amount of dialogue much more enjoyable when you don't have to focus so much on the subtitles.