Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    thought about it again, but this is a shit article. Its like saying Nick Fuentes took over Turning point because he turned up and called Charlie Kirk a race traitor. it dont make no sense.

the WS need the proud boys and the proud boys need WS.

Well that explodes their narrative about not caring that gay men co-opted the #proudboys hashtag because they aren't homophobic lol.

Also that "one black friend" they had - that one was pretty damn obvious though. Funny watching these guys rail against their own tactics because they aren't blatantly bigoted enough for them ROFL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    One thing I liked about the Proud Boys is that they used to be Western chauvinists and not white chauvinists. That means they used to accept black chauvinists who shared their ideas and values. I guess they're reversing that now, how shameful. tsk tsk
    They were never anything of the sort. You just bought into some of their lies. They're old fashioned white supremacist bigots, and they are happy to use deluded Uncle Toms for their purposes while they remain useful. Just like hate groups of the past did.

Not that any of that would at all be a good thing even if it were true lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Dangerous organisation. I think the OP made the correct comparison to ISIS.

There is still 1 distinct difference though:
    If Proud Boys chants something racist, everyone loses their shit and is fast to condone it and ring the shame bell.

When ISIS cuts of a head the only thing disturbing the silence are the people celebrating in the streets.

And I personally find that more worrying than few angry rednecks to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    If Proud Boys chants something racist, everyone loses their shit and is fast to condone it and ring the shame bell.
    Stand back, and stand bye... good people on both sides...

To be fair, Trump also invited Taliban to Camp David and the White House, after reports of bounties to kill American soldiers.

In addition, the whole point of proud boys is to be terrorists. There is nothing else... and when they do racist shit like the OP, there will be people like you, pointing somewhere else. You know... these terrorist are based in US... no useless wall can stop them.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-12 at 02:28 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Stand back, and stand bye... good people on both sides...

To be fair, Trump also invited Taliban to Camp David and the White House, after reports of bounties to kill American soldiers.

In addition, the whole point of proud boys is to be terrorists. There is nothing else... and when they do racist shit like the OP, there will be people like you, pointing somewhere else. You know... these terrorist are based in US... no useless wall can stop them.
    Maybe Joe Rogan can invite Gavin McInnes for another 4 hour chat about what the Proud Boys are really about. Joe nodding along and making bad jokes could really clear this up.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    Maybe Joe Rogan can invite Gavin McInnes for another 4 hour chat about what the Proud Boys are really about. Joe nodding along and making bad jokes could really clear this up.
    Oh... I guess you are not up on lates Rogan controversy.

As part of his 100 million dollar deal with Spotify, he was supposed to bring his whole library. The problem altright is having... none of their shit was brought over. Alex Jones, Sargon (who looked like he was about to cry), McGinnis, Moleniew (sp?)... all of them got ‘cancelled’ by Rogan on his move to corporate over lords and big tech...

Grifters... the lot of them...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    I hope that after this, Joe Rogan fades into obscurity
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I hope that after this, Joe Rogan fades into obscurity
    He just got 100 million from big tech... I do have a hope, it does to him, what happened to Howard Stern, when he became monetized on Sirius.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rogan has always been fairly progressive, if not politically correct. He's just an idiot and doesn't recognize grifters or their dog whistles. He thinks the solution is to bring everyone to the table and let them talk. And he's become a bit of a Covid Karen, though he also tests thoroughly so... I dunno.

This may alienate the most alt-right of his listeners but if Spotify limits him from interviewing and platforming these guys, I think that's ultimately a very good thing. He has a large audience and actually can sway some minds. His interviews with Sanders, Yang, etc. probably opened up a lot of folks to more progressive thinking.

I also hope that at some point he realizes, or one of his close friends like Duncan Trussel gets through to him, that he has a lot of influence and needs to be more responsible with who he gives a platform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Rogan has always been fairly progressive, if not politically correct. He's just an idiot and doesn't recognize grifters or their dog whistles. He thinks the solution is to bring everyone to the table and let them talk. And he's become a bit of a Covid Karen, though he also tests thoroughly so... I dunno.
    There's a German saying that, if there's a Nazi at the table and 10 others sitting there talking with him, there's 11 Nazis at the table. Giving these kinds of extremists a platform means you're complicit with and supportive of their ideology.

If you find that objectionable, well, be smarter about shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was a dog whistle... what’s the difference between western chauvinism and chauvinism?
    The latter doesn't say what the chauvinism is referencing. Chauvinism means 'unapologetic superiority' which in this case cultural chauvinism is the opposite of cultural relativism.
    What’s included in the East, north and south chauvinism, that isn’t in western version?
    You would have to ask an Eastern chauvinist about what makes their culture superior. Eastern culture is usually more about honoring and conforming to some collective entity, where the family is just one example of a collective entity and elders are at the top of the hierarchy. Western culture on the other hand emphasizes individualism and personal freedom.

This guy Kyle Chapman that the OP mentioned sounds much more like a white collectivist though and not somebody who believes in an Enlightenment value such as individual liberty.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-11-12 at 05:06 PM.

Western culture on the other hand emphasizes individualism and personal freedom.
    The family values GOP would like a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

This may alienate the most alt-right of his listeners but if Spotify limits him from interviewing and platforming these guys, I think that's ultimately a very good thing. He has a large audience and actually can sway some minds. His interviews with Sanders, Yang, etc. probably opened up a lot of folks to more progressive thinking.

I also hope that at some point he realizes, or one of his close friends like Duncan Trussel gets through to him, that he has a lot of influence and needs to be more responsible with who he gives a platform.
    You think he doesn't know what he's doing? I'd be surprised. I might have thought so before he started hammering the "Biden has dementia," BS but he hasn't been able to shut up about it. I watched a clip of his from after the election and he was still going on about the "I'm Joe Biden vote for me in the senate" thing that had people all upset. (Just as a reminder they cut a section out of a long story Biden was telling to make it look like he didn't know which race he was running in). The context for that is sooo easy to find that to believe it you're either in an alt-right media bubble or you know what the truth is and just don't care. Either way Rogan knows which team he's on and it's not progressivism.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The family values GOP would like a word with you.
    Yeah so conservatives are more like the rest of the world and they share more in common with non-Western cultures, imo. Liberalism is the innovation of Western culture and it's about individual liberties regardless of whether it goes against family values. For example a liberal thinks their kid should be free to be gay even though it could end their family tree. Their kid's individual liberty is more important than maximizing their chance of getting grandkids and continuing the family.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-11-12 at 05:41 PM.

It's no wonder Trump Trump likes the proud Boys (and ice versa) so damn much.

10+ Year Old Account
    The latter doesn't say what the chauvinism is referencing. Chauvinism means 'unapologetic superiority' which in this case cultural chauvinism is the opposite of cultural relativism.
    This is your answer to you agreeing with their western chauvinism? On what planet?

You would have to ask an Eastern chauvinist about what makes their culture superior. Eastern culture is usually more about honoring and conforming to some collective entity, where the family is just one example of a collective entity and elders are at the top of the hierarchy. Western culture on the other hand emphasizes individualism and personal freedom.
    How does chauvinism change based on culture?

This guy Kyle Chapman that the OP mentioned sounds much more like a white collectivist though and not somebody who believes in an Enlightenment value such as individual liberty.
    No, it’s western chauvinism... it’s a dog whistle to get people like you to defend culture. Which predominantly none white country exists in the west?

What you're really saying is that it made it easier for you to pretend that they weren't white supremacists...and now you no longer have that luxury.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    What you're really saying is that it made it easier for you to pretend that they weren't white supremacists...and now you no longer have that luxury.
    I mean whatever percentage of them are white supremacists are bad and irrational. The ones that are not white nationalists are not automatically bad but probably just have a lot of energy so they need to get together and LARP around. If law enforcement wants to watch them and anyone else I couldn't care less because non-violent people have nothing to worry about and the violent individuals in any group should go to jail for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean whatever percentage of them are white supremacists are bad and irrational. The ones that are not white nationalists are not automatically bad but probably just have a lot of energy so they need to get together and LARP around. If law enforcement wants to watch them and anyone else I couldn't care less because non-violent people have nothing to worry about and the violent individuals in any group should go to jail for a while.
    If you're a "western chauvinist", you're a white supremacist.

This is a Venn diagram that consists of a single circle.

Enrique Tarrio? Sounds waaaay to ethnic to be Chairmen of the Proud Boys.

"We will no longer cuck to the left by appointing token negroes as our leaders."

I do love the use of "cuck" as a verb!