10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm sure many Trumpsters will think of this as a huge victory
    Funny story, when Trump told his supporters to vote twice, this is what he meant.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That's not a great example. "All lives Matter" is still being used as a counter for "Black Lives Matter". And if it takes 5 years for "Defund the Police" to make the same progress as "Black Lives Matter"...well, you aren't going to be seeing the changes you want any time soon.
    "Defund the Police" was perhaps the dumbest slogan possible for what is absolutely a noble cause. The fact that the organizers doubled down on idiocy doesn't speak volumes for the future of either party right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Probably. Hey @cubby if I write a statement I know is false, give it to someone who also knows its false, and ask them to read it under oath, that's conspiracy, right?
    Yep - Perjury and Conspiracy to Commit Perjury. Double Felony!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's a unified Republican front on saying, "Fuck you, America. You can suffer because we lost."
    And just like an abused spouse, GOP voters will crawl back to them.

America needs therapy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Double Felony!
    "Perjury within perjury" to go with "hearsay within hearsay"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok slogans are mostly dumb. But.... “coup klutz klan” is a gem.

Make it a thing!
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Pennsylvania court blocks counting of some provisional ballots

So, they mailed in their ballot, weren't sure it would arrive, so they cast a provisional one, the mailed ballot arrived and was counted, so their provisional one wasn't.

I fail to see a problem with this.
    Isn't that precisely what provisional ballots are designed for? Why did a court feel the need to block those votes that wouldn't be counted anyway?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Isn't that precisely what provisional ballots are designed for?
    It's way up there on the list, yes, but far more this year since Trump intentionally crippled the USPS to block Biden votes.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Isn't that precisely what provisional ballots are designed for? Why did a court feel the need to block those votes that wouldn't be counted anyway?
    I don't get what this case is designed to do. Win or lose those votes are not going to be counted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LeopardsAte...v/on_the_usps/

When owning the libs ends up owning yourself and you only realize this after it's too late, and will probably forget again soon.

Oh I'm enjoying this schadenfreude.

Hmmm...politics...
    Pelosi does have a deft touch most of the time; Schumer, Pelosi want $3.4T as 'starting point' in new COVID-19 relief talks

If most of those points get met then it's a win for most...and in few months when the covid19 vaccine finally gets distributed, the economy won't just pick up, it'll hit the ground running. (But the real win would be for Pelosi who needs to show that she is still the one that everyone in Congress needs to pay attention to)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    Ok slogans are mostly dumb. But.... “coup klutz klan” is a gem.

Make it a thing!
    Reminds me of Mississippi rep talking about secession again.

https://twitter.com/GenMhayden/statu...681166336?s=20

Hahaha holy hell this is perfect. A journalist duped, and by duped I mean "asked over Twitter", former Acting DNI Richard Grenell into giving his grandfather a shoutout on Veterans day.

His grandfather is a war criminal.

He tried this on others, not everyone is so stupid as to not even do a basic Google search before posting a public message of praise.

So glad these fucking clowns won't be around much longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Reminds me of Mississippi rep talking about secession again.
    No he didn't. He talked about succeeding from the union.

Because he's a fucking retard and doesn't know the difference between "succeed" and "secede".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Pelosi want $3.4T as 'starting point' in new COVID-19 relief talks
    First, highball.

Second, the longer we wait without doing anything, the more it's going to cost when it happens.

Third, irrelevant. Trump won't negotiate. McConnell won't negotiate.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Got Republicans and idiots left and right trying to use Al Gore as an excuse for this "election fraud" garbage.

Al Gore was behind Bush by ~500 votes in one state.
    Donald Trump is behind Biden by tens of thousands of votes in multiple states.

It's not even close.
    Also, the court rulings literally had nothing to do with voter fraud, but with the question, at least in the SCOTUS, if a manual recount would be achievable before the electoral college meets. The issue was, that some voting engines used to stamp holes in the ballot. Which sometimes might not work properly. The machine recounting did not count the votes, that were not completely stamped, but Gore, and logic believed, that despite the ballot isn't fully holed, the intention of the person casting the ballot would be still clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, highball.

Second, the longer we wait without doing anything, the more it's going to cost when it happens.

Third, irrelevant. Trump won't negotiate. McConnell won't negotiate.
    I dont think Trump or McConnell are their intended audience.... look south.

Hello Georgia Voters. Are you interested in financial assistance for Covid? There's a referendum in your state about whether you get money or not.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That's not a great example. "All lives Matter" is still being used as a counter for "Black Lives Matter". And if it takes 5 years for "Defund the Police" to make the same progress as "Black Lives Matter"...well, you aren't going to be seeing the changes you want any time soon.
    For what it's worth, I am in support of civil rights, equality for all, etc etc. I've been a lifelong democrat and I am deeply opposed to racism in all forms.

When I first heard Black Lives Matter, my response was "yeah, but so do everyone else's lives. All lives matter equally."

It wasn't until a black friend explained it to me a couple years later in the context of "Black lives matter too, when you look at racial profiling and interactions with police, it's clear that police don't value black lives the same as white lives."

Then I got it.

You shouldn't use slogans that need an explainer even for people who agree with the sentiment.

You should use clear and concise slogans that leave little room for accidental misinterpretation or honest confusion. Your opponents will spend enough time twisting the message and making it anathema to those who don't already support you, the last thing you need is to accidentally turn off people who support your policies with an I'll thought out catchphrase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    Hello Georgia Voters. Are you interested in financial assistance for Covid? There's a referendum in your state about whether you get money or not.
    Seriously, this should be THE issue for the Senate runoffs.

"Republicans don't want to help you out, we do. The choice is up to you."

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    For what it's worth, I am in support of civil rights, equality for all, etc etc. I've been a lifelong democrat and I am deeply opposed to racism in all forms.

When I first heard Black Lives Matter, my response was "yeah, but so do everyone else's lives. All lives matter equally."

It wasn't until a black friend explained it to me a couple years later in the context of "Black lives matter too, when you look at racial profiling and interactions with police, it's clear that police don't value black lives the same as white lives."

Then I got it.

You shouldn't use slogans that need an explainer even for people who agree with the sentiment.

You should use clear and concise slogans that leave little room for accidental misinterpretation or honest confusion. Your opponents will spend enough time twisting the message and making it anathema to those who don't already support you, the last thing you need is to accidentally turn off people who support your policies with an I'll thought out catchphrase.
    Agreed. 100%. The BLM movement couldn't have a better goal, but once again the Democrats prove their terribleness at naming campaigns. The GOP has been leading that charge since "Pro-Life" was coined.

@Endus

You are a smart man and I respect your opinions on here. But when it comes to "Defund the Police" that is just a bad slogan through and through.

Just looking at it at face value, it basically says to cut police funding and doesn't go any further than that which is bad enough but you also have to look at it in the perspective of the voters. And when they hear that, they think of it in the same way the Republicans want to "Defund Obamacare".

Quite literally, reading the slogan outright sounds bad enough but when filtered through that lens it gets so much worse. It's a negative connotation in it at every point.

If they wanted to do it right, they should have had something like "Supplement the Police" or some other slogan but one that sounds bad outright without a primer of the details and worse when you look at how the words are already used in an area is one of the worst things they could have done.

And I actually support the goals of it which even I had to read up on because outright, the slogan sounded bad to me and sounded like some extremist fringe Libertarian anarchist thing.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post

Then I got it.

This is almost exactly my story and how I would have said it, as well. Thanks.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The problem with reform is that what we (as progressives) have been doing for decades is attempting to "reform" the police.

It's effectively a meaningless statement. And I think that that's been true in American politics for awhile now. The bite has been taken out of it, and it is easily disregarded by politicians who attempt meager policy changes without addressing root problems (like body cameras have turned out to be), and then claim they are reformers.

Rebuilding has a cultural touchstone for the decaying industry and infrastructure most of our citizens actually want to flourish again (even if that might seem unlikely).
    See, the problem here is that, to quote the late, great George Carlin: “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

A lot of voters in the US are extremely lazy and/or stupid and will not bother to research the nuance behind a slogan or issue. That was part of Trumps success. A huge chunk of what he said was utter bullshit, but it was bite sized chunks of bullshit that was easy for his base to comprehend.

If you have to explain what a slogan really means/stands for, you're losing.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers