Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    It isnt really necessary for them to make a post about something most people can deduce themselves with some common sense.
    Ok lay it out for me how this is 'common sense'. It's 'common sense' for me for them to make all the content they want for a certain expansion, and then later add in extra items they wouldn't have normally made, for the store.

Think of league of legends. How many skins are in that game? Do you think they would have made all of them available specifically for rewards in game? No, most of those are extras that they wouldn't have ever even thought about making if they didn't have a store.
    Last edited by Synical123; 2020-11-12 at 03:31 PM.

It isnt really necessary for them to make a post about something most people can deduce themselves with some common sense.
    Deduction is not facts. And common sense isn't.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I think cool looking armor should be earned through the game and not the wallet. I don't really have a problem with things like the One Piece from blizzcon or the Sprite Wing Darter set because they look ridiculous and they're not really armor I would use in combat or qualify as "cool looking armor". It's just kinda fun/silly territory which I think is more fair.

I cant tell you how much money ive dropped on FFXIV's mogstation cosmetics, so yes id pay money for good outfits, especially if they were reasonably priced and dont gouge my bank acct like their server/faction transfers do.

So you have absolutely no proof they are actually doing that. You cannot deduce anything because there is zero evidence to support the claim.

We already pay a subscription everything in the game should not cost money besides subscriptions. It started with pets and mounts now its transmogs. When and where does it stop?
    <Who is John Galt>
    Endgame progression guild on PvE Hyjal-US
    http://whoisjohngalt.enjin.com/
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...o+Is+John+Galt
    Visit us today - Exceptional players always considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Ok lay it out for me how this is 'common sense'. It's 'common sense' for me for them to make all the content they want for a certain expansion, and then later add in extra items they wouldn't have normally made, for the store.

Think of league of legends. How many skins are in that game? Do you think they would have made all of them available specifically for rewards in game? No, most of those are extras that they wouldn't have ever even thought about making if they didn't have a store.
    Because its an mmorpg, where you do quests and explore the world and go on adventures, they have all the material they necessary to make those store-items available in-game after spending time and playing through a questline or earning it from an achievement of some sorts.

League of Legends is not a fair comparison since its a lobby-based PvP-game where you take turns, you dont go about in the world and immerse yourself in the same way as an mmorpg, where you can naturally earn things like mounts and cool looking gear after overcoming obstacles or getting a rare-drop from some mob.

Are they gonna do away with the monthly fee along with this introdution? If so, sign me up, Scotty.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    I was one of those guild officers that kicked people who had them.

This is an unacceptable practice. I will forever /spit on those who support it.
    Imagine living in an echo chamber so small you kick people that have spent years in a guild with friends and some guy kicks you for how you spend your own money on cosmetic items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Imagine living in an echo chamber so small you kick people that have spent years in a guild with friends and some guy kicks you for how you spend your own money on cosmetic items.
    Yes its quite amazing that different people have different values and how they choose to express them.

Because its an mmorpg, where you do quests and explore the world and go on adventures, they have all the material they necessary to make those store-items available in-game after spending time and playing through a questline or earning it from an achievement of some sorts.

League of Legends is not a fair comparison since its a lobby-based PvP-game where you take turns, you dont go about in the world and immerse yourself in the same way as an mmorpg, where you can naturally earn things like mounts and cool looking gear after overcoming obstacles or getting a rare-drop from some mob.
    I already stated they obviously have all the gear they have planned out for the content they have specifically made for that expansion. Literally everything else we get in terms of the store is just butter. What you're asking them to do is instead of just creating items that they weren't going to make anyway, is to now create more CONTENT for those said items for literally no reason which takes WAY WAY more time in order to do instead of them just giving us the content we were going to get anyway, and then giving us little pieces to buy if we want to.

Basically what you're asking for is just asinine and displays your knowledge of the real world.

I already stated they obviously have all the gear they have planned out for the content they have specifically made for that expansion. Literally everything else we get in terms of the store is just butter. What you're asking them to do is instead of just creating items that they weren't going to make anyway, is to now create more CONTENT for those said items for literally no reason which takes WAY WAY more time in order to do instead of them just giving us the content we were going to get anyway, and then giving us little pieces to buy if we want to.

Basically what you're asking for is just asinine and displays your knowledge of the real world.
    Thats quite a lot of assumptions you're making on how Blizzard goes about their business.
    So what stops them from adding these item-sets and mounts/pets to new content-patches then?

Adding insults to the end of your post just shows you're really just insecure about your own argument by the way, but thats fine.

Thats quite a lot of assumptions you're making on how Blizzard goes about their business.
    So what stops them from adding these item-sets and mounts/pets to new content-patches then?

Adding insults to the end of your post just shows you're really just insecure about your own argument, but thats fine.
    Not an insult, it was an observation. Idk what is so hard to understand about “these wouldn’t have been in the game regardless”. If you’re arguing they could use it in the future then guess what? You’re now removing a new piece of gear they would have made specifically for that new content you are talking about.

I REALLY don’t understand why you’re making this harder than it needs to be. These are EXTRA pieces. They aren’t REMOVING them from other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Uputz View Post
    We already pay a subscription everything in the game should not cost money besides subscriptions. It started with pets and mounts now its transmogs. When and where does it stop?
    It won't. The only "upside" is that even though it's a real money store item, it can actually be purchased with gold by buying the token.
    So it's really the same as if they added it to a vendor for 200k gold for example. It's cool, but at the end of the day still meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    I was one of those guild officers that kicked people who had them.

This is an unacceptable practice. I will forever /spit on those who support it.
    You sound like a shit officer tbh, projecting your opinion (which is wrong) onto others.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes its quite amazing that different people have different values and how they choose to express them.
    If you express your opinion by booting people from a video game, for how they spend their money. You really need to get checked. There's expressing an opinion and there's acting like a child.

Not an insult, it was an observation. Idk what is so hard to understand about “these wouldn’t have been in the game regardless”. If you’re arguing they could use it in the future then guess what? You’re now removing a new piece of gear they would have made specifically for that new content you are talking about.

I REALLY don’t understand why you’re making this harder than it needs to be. These are EXTRA pieces. They aren’t REMOVING them from other areas.
    And they also could have been in the game behind a questline/achievement, instead of just putting it up behind a $$$ paywall.

You think this is a good practise and fine, and I dont. Its not about 'making it hard' for any of us, Im just expressing my opinion on it.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    If you express your opinion by booting people from a video game, for how they spend their money. You really need to get checked. There's expressing an opinion and there's acting like a child.
    I've never done it personally, but when all is said and done its up to the groupmaker who he wants to invite to his groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Uputz View Post
    Why does it need to? Does a transmog or visual effect, effect your player power? Does it increase your skill as a raider? does it make the game easier?

No? So what's the problem, jealousy over shiny things?

So you support kicking people from a guild, that the person is only an officer of, for them receiving a free gift for subbing for 6 months?

I hope that guild loses members en masse so these kind of dictators of fun can have their own little kingdoms of %$#@ to police. I understand not liking something a corporation does - but punishing someone like this is just a whole new level of insanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

And they also could have been in the game behind a questline/achievement, instead of just putting it up behind a $$$ paywall.

You think this is a good practise and fine, and I dont. Its not about 'making it hard' for any of us, Im just expressing my opinion on it.
    See you’re literally asking a company to make more content for the game because you think that one item that’s in the store needs to be available in the way you think it should be made.

I’m telling you their content is ALREADY MADE. If it’s up to them they just won’t make the content and they won’t make the gear piece. You say I insulted but dude, this actually displays how much you understand of the real world. This is not how it works.

If you really truly want that piece by playing in game only, you most certainly can. Go earn gold and buy wow tokens, boom. It’s basically a cheaper long neck boy now in the form of a transmog. There’s your in game content.

- - - Updated - - -

So you support kicking people from a guild, that the person is only an officer of, for them receiving a free gift for subbing for 6 months?

I hope that guild loses members en masse so these kind of dictators of fun can have their own little kingdoms of %$#@ to police. I understand not liking something a corporation does - but punishing someone like this is just a whole new level of insanity.
    He’s either a troll or in a no name Mc pug guild with these values.

You must have me confused with someone else, I never kicked anyone from my groups for any of those reasons.

See you’re literally asking a company to make more content for the game because you think that one item that’s in the store needs to be available in the way you think it should be made.

I’m telling you their content is ALREADY MADE. If it’s up to them they just won’t make the content and they won’t make the gear piece. You say I insulted but dude, this actually displays how much you understand of the real world. This is not how it works.

If you really truly want that piece by playing in game only, you most certainly can. Go earn gold and buy wow tokens, boom. It’s basically a cheaper long neck boy now in the form of a transmog. There’s your in game content.

- - - Updated - - -

He’s either a troll or in a no name Mc pug guild with these values.
    Either you dont read my posts and just click on reply, or you are very confused.

I was perfectly clear with my last post where I said that I think the game would be much better off if these store-additions were achievable in-game through various questlines or achievements instead of just being put on the store behind a cheap $$$-tag, that is just my opinion on the whole in-game store in general.

You can disagree all you want, but you're desperately trying to proclaim that your opinion is "right" and its just not gonna happen buddy.

Insult me all you want with calling me a troll or my world-view is "wrong" it really doesnt matter anyway, opinions are subjective.