Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I was expecting them to up the price for 1 month by say 10% and 3 months by 5% and then keep 6 months the same. This would make the 6 months look more attractive than it already is, and net them a profit on the lower pay tiers. This would incentivise more people to pay for 6 months upfront especially if they kept including mounts, pets, mogs or whatever.

They could even up the price of the 6 month also but have "sales" every 6 months or so that will return it to the current price. This would urge even more people to take that 6 month deal while its cheaper and on offer. None of this ofc is good for customers but would make them a fair chunk of cash and keep peeps subbed during periods of no/bad content.

First they came for the Hentai, and now this!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I always find it interesting when people complain about the value received from paying for this game. You can pay for an entire year of wow for the same price as a nice dinner for 2 at a restaurant. Something that will be through your system in hours compared to something you can play whenever you want over the course of 52 weeks. I have saved so much money over the years by playing wow instead of going to get shitfaced or doing other things. Its fine if money is tight, the world is just starting to recover from a pandemic, but lets not be disingenuous about the whole thing and act like Blizzard is ripping you off.
    I'm not sure if I ever thought wow was "expensive" per se, but there have plenty of times where I didn't think it was worth the money to subscribe. With all the microtransaction garbage out there now in other games, WoW is a relative steal. The monthly subscription is pretty much 1 movie...considering how much people play it's crazy to worry about the cost.

It's just matter of time before the cost for the rest of the world goes up as well.
    You guys think $15 per month is a lot, but it isn't. You(we)'re just poor and irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    You guys think $15 per month is a lot, but it isn't
    Imagine J Allen Brack saying this in the next Blizzcon lmao

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyAus View Post
    This is more than 20% increase. When inflation is running at less than 1.5% this increase seems outrageous. Its hard to see how Blizzard can justify such a money grab.
    You are still paying less than people in the US do. I would hardly call this a money grab.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-11-12 at 04:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    At least you guys have the Great Barrier Reef and dragons!

Equality yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    At least you guys have the Great Barrier Reef
    Yeah, about that...

they increase prices like the game is great...lol it doesnt even deseve the current price

Still less than what EU pays for sub ... at the current conversion rates for 12.99 EUR it would mean slightly over 21 AUD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pratty View Post
    Well i dont know how its funny to overpay for gametime because you are charged a currency that has no connection to your country, we are not part of the EU officially, we have our own currency that probably less then 1% of the world knows what is called but it is still relativly strong compared to many other big nations, now every 4 out of 5 people i know from my country have their address set to a different nation with some bullshit made up address because if i pay the euro fee they want, calculate it into how much it is in my currency and see how many USD those are i am paying 19~ USD dollars a month which will accumilate close to 230$ USD a year for the subscription now if i were to make up an address "cuckstreet 13 - canada" and pay the fee of 14.99$ that they charge, my subscription accumilates to 180$ CAD.. which will translate over to 137$ USD a year. So i assume from your answere you would sit there like a chimp and give blizz extra ~93$ USD a year rather then actually just telling them to fuck off, change your settings and pay a fair amount?
    So you truly don't understand why they're not offering a subscription in each country's native currency...?

And sure, if I am a chimp because I enjoy abiding to the ToS of various subscriptions I use, then you are of course free to have that opinion of me. It's not like I'm going to cry and risk losing my account for a mere 1-200€ per year. Could be because I actually understand why I have to pay in Euroes.
    Hi

Australians all unhooking their ground harnesses and flying into the sun over this news.

Operation Stingray in effect. Remove bogan.

Perfect time for Blizzard to do this, when the likelihood of more people resubbing for the expansion. Well played Blizz, well played.

In the UK we pay equivalent to $18.12 AUD a month, so your new price is more expensive unless our price goes up too.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Australian servers don't get the same kind of service as most other servers though , we don't even get a correct day/night cycle ffs. Why should we have to pay the same for less ?

That's a bloody outrage it is! I'm gonna take this all the way to the Prime Minister!

I have unsubbed and won't be playing shadowlands.

I might return for TBC classic, but will otherwise sit this xpac.

It's not even an affordability issue, it's a value issue. Plenty of other options right now.

Shame really

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    guess you guys are going to have to unleash the emus.
    NEVER unleash the Emus! Never! Remember the great Emu war!

And by the way, I pay 65,94 Euros for the game since the start... Aussies pay 63,47 EUR with the new prices... so who is being milked here?
    And that is what, 3 packs of cigarettes in Australia?
    Last edited by Naramag; 2020-11-13 at 01:30 PM.