Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Neither PS4 or Xbox One had widespread launch problems, just a normal failure rate you would expect for any electronics old or new.

Just a heads up and spoiler alert but you will hear and see about Series X and PS5s dying this week. This also doesn't mean there is launch issues above normal failure rates, when we're talking millions of systems out there some are going to fail nothing is 100%.
    Depends on how you define widespread. For example X360 was massive. I literally bought broken consoles back then and sold them for parts because they were dirt cheap and made quite some bucks. People were recording videos how to fix it by baking it in oven. I bricked at least 3 consoles myself (still made profit).
    Procedure was: 1. buy bricked console, 2. try to re-heat it (well I had hotair station), If it worked I played on it. If it didn't i sold it for parts.

Now I could do full BGA reballing as I have tools for that BUT I don't want to deal with this shit again.

As for PS4 I did my research back then and dont remember BUT:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...e-8939161.html
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...w-to-fix-them/

So it wasn't uncommon either.

Xbox one also had them:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-35a1ad25d9ba

The biggest problem upon initial release were power supply failures on some and disc drive failures on others. However, the failure rate for consoles was nowhere near the number of 360s that suffered the RROD. I still have my original day one edition console as well so no problems here.
    Widespread? Maybe no, but no way in hell Im gonna be guinea pig after what's happened with PS1, PS2, X360 (had tons of issues with these) and skipped next-gen.

I would say its best to wait until Hardware version 2 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Widespread? Maybe no, but no way in hell Im gonna be guinea pig after what's happened with PS1, PS2, X360 (had tons of issues with these) and skipped next-gen.
    Literally every piece of hardware faces this no matter what it is. There's going to be failures in hardware when you have a million people playing on a million newly created devices, that's what both the PS4/Xbox One links speak to.

If you wanna wait for them to iron them out, rad. It's what I usually do, and what I'm doing this generation. But there was nothing in the PS4/Xbox One that was out of the usual for new hardware launches, and absolutely nothing remotely approaching the RROD on the 360, which was a unique problem that the console faced.

And from your Independent link itself -

It’s not known how widespread these problems might be, and the faults are most definitely a minority issue. Reviewers have had their faulty consoles replaced by Sony HQ and have reported that these work as they should.

Only time the PS5 makes noise is when you are installing a game via disk. I played Demon's Souls in performance mode for a few hours and not a sound out of it.

As for Demon's Souls itself the game is awesome but I did run into a few small bugs.

1) Sometimes when coming out of a Co-Op match the game shutters for a small moment.
    2) The audio cut out for like 0.1 of a second while fighting the Tower Knight.

Other then that the game has been solid and I'm loving it.

To add no video does it justice, the PS5 is fucken huge in person.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Literally everything about it, especially the ui, feels so premium I'm almost breathless. But psn needs better filters and categories.

How the heck do you guys even get one of these?

They're sold out everywhere and all the sites like Walmart are swarmed by bots.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post

Got mine though Sony when they did their raffle thing.

I originally had a Wal-Mart pre-order from day 1 but cancelled it once I got my Sony order.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Glad i was able to get one but it feels kinda dumb to preorder something almost 2 months in advance only to get it a week after you were supposed to. Tried the whole FedEx thing to track it since Walmart wouldn’t update and nothing showed up until today and now the estimated delivery date in the 18th. Thanks Walmart for the nerve wracking experience.
    Last edited by ohiostate124; 2020-11-13 at 02:36 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post

Got the last preorder on the day it was announced,
    loving demon souls new look(played the original), no fing idea what Danny is smoking

15+ Year Old Account
    Astros is super cute but the media really overblew the controller for it

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Astros is super cute but the media really overblew the controller for it
    I'm fairly certain media is given a reviewers guide they have to follow somewhat in order to continue getting review units. My worry is about down the line... the PS4 controllers weren't exactly the sturdiest controllers I've ever used.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I'm fairly certain media is given a reviewers guide they have to follow somewhat in order to continue getting review units. My worry is about down the line... the PS4 controllers weren't exactly the sturdiest controllers I've ever used.
    I just meant like the rumble and stuff. Its nice but everybody was creaming themselves over it. Im a little worried about the triggers though

The fact that df didnt test ff7 or kh3 on xbox/ps5 is a crime against humanity
    I get ff7, but wasn't KH3 already at 60fps?

I am hoping it will solve the texture loading times for FF7. I delayed buying the game. Only got it recently and it will be my ps5 launch title with DMC5.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-11-13 at 03:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I get ff7, but wasn't KH3 already at 60fps?
    Nah it hovered between 40-60 on a pro

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Literally every piece of hardware faces this no matter what it is. There's going to be failures in hardware when you have a million people playing on a million newly created devices, that's what both the PS4/Xbox One links speak to.

If you wanna wait for them to iron them out, rad. It's what I usually do, and what I'm doing this generation. But there was nothing in the PS4/Xbox One that was out of the usual for new hardware launches, and absolutely nothing remotely approaching the RROD on the 360, which was a unique problem that the console faced.

And from your Independent link itself -
    You are mistaking hardware design issues with hardware failures. Console are riddled with both, PCs mostly with second type.

When you buy a graphic card that tends to go high on temperatures you can make better air flow in your case or even replace entire cooler with water cooling.
    In case of consoles you can't, similar to laptops. And when it overheats you are screwed.

When someone poorly design a power supply circuit in your PSU, you just throw the shit straight to garbage and buy better PSU based on 9001 reviews and tests.
    When someone poorly design a power supply circuit in your console you are fucked.

In other words, bad hardware design leads to imminent hardware failures and with consoles you cant just go to shop and buy specific part replacement like in PCs.

Also from my link:
    It’s not known how widespread these problems might be
    Thats why I will wait.

If u ran the system at 1080p it was a near locked 60FPS. It was one of the few games where that effected performance.

Ontopic: Ran FFXV in performance (60fps) mode and slightly heard the fan, that is the only time I've heard it.

Anyone know the details to FF7R? If its 60FPS ill play it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been sick, so haven't gotten quite as much time with the PS5 as I would've liked today. First things first, the UI is super snappy and responsive. The PS4 UI was so unresponsive at times that it was frustrating. The PS5 UI also looks very sleek. I played an hour of Astro's Playroom, I'd agree with Video Games a little bit. The Dualsense Haptic Feedback is really cool, but it's not as mind blowing as a lot of reviewers made it seem. Especially in a game like Demon's Souls where it isn't utilized nearly as well as Astro's.

Also played Demon's Souls and... it looks great, but I'm starting to remember how meh I feel towards the game. Fought the Tower Knight and it reminded me of how most of the bosses in this game are more puzzle based then an actual fight. The downside of that is that once you know the solution to the puzzle the fights are very simple. That being said, I absolutely love the Tower of Latria and think it's one of the best levels in video games, so I'm excited to play through that. Less excited to play through World 2. Not really any fault of Bluepoint's. Ultimately it'll be the best looking Souls game but as is the case with the original, it'll have the worst gameplay. Not bad per say, but I'm almost tempted to boot up another Soulsborne game on my PS5 and get that sweet 60 FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Not bad per say, but I'm almost tempted to boot up another Soulsborne game on my PS5 and get that sweet 60 FPS.
    The only Soulsborne game that won't be 60fps is Bloodborne since its 30fps capped. Hopefully we get a remaster or a patch to uncap it but I won't hold my breath.

Happy I can play all the games on one platform now tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ff7 feels 30 and still has bad texture streaming so thats on whatever square did.

Also demons souls crashed after the first boss. I see a decent amount of crashing from people

- - - Updated - - -

Dmc 5 crashed too

I played on pro so that might've been why. It felt good though.

- - - Updated - - -

Ff7 feels 30 and still has bad texture streaming so thats on whatever square did.

Also demons souls crashed after the first boss. I see a decent amount of crashing from people

- - - Updated - - -

Dmc 5 crashed too
    Wow... that is disappointing. I am getting the SE of DMC5 though. But, was expecting improvements on FF7.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Silakka View Post
    Is $500 really that much for a console that will last for years? I don't think so.
    There are fucking gaming chair that cost more than $500 and people cry about the PS5 price..?! ahaha