Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Let me get this straight: DKs have no speed increase besides a single talent for 4s?

What.
    The.
    Fuck.
    Blizzard?

How does anyone even enjoy playing such a slow class? I mean....holy crap guys. I genuinely feel bad for you, and have a lot of respect for anyone that stays with the class while dealing with literally the slowest class in the game. And with losing Azerite traits to increase speed, and
    The Maw not even allowing mounts? Tell me again why anyone would suffer that?

Or am I missing something vital here?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    As always, when anyone asks that question, the answer is YES.

Different people like/dislike different things. For different reasons.

I mean, you can't be slowed by less than 70% movement speed as a DK.

What.
    The.
    Fuck.
    Blizzard?

How does anyone even enjoy playing such a slow class? I mean....holy crap guys. I genuinely feel bad for you, and have a lot of respect for anyone that stays with the class while dealing with literally the slowest class in the game. And with losing Azerite traits to increase speed, and

While the class has lower mobility it is by no means unplayably slow. I have Deaths Advance and I also spec into Wraith Walk. I just find everything else about the class exceedingly fun and have since Wrath.

You are missing one vital thing ye, the base talent which increase run speed, Death's Advance. We got one base and one talent.

We don't really have to run. We grip stuff to us instead.

Still faster than priest, which has zero baseline movement abilities. You can talent into some mobility, but you lose survivability.

I kinda like that DK's are slow, it fits the theme of just being a walking juggernaut that plagues and breaks down everything near it. Think about the LK chase in Halls of Reflection.

What.
    The.
    Fuck.
    Blizzard?

Does Death's Advance not exist to you or something?

There's more to a class than mobility.

DH is ALL mobility and you couldn't pay me to main that class.

Also you stack up on speed pots. I must've burned through thousands of Lightfoot/Draenic Speed/Skystep Potions.

What.
    The.
    Fuck.
    Blizzard?

Death Knights are heavily armored engines of Death and Destruction, not quick and agile arcrobats like Demon Hunters or Monks. It's part of the class fantasy. We make up for this in other areas. Like Death's Advance's ability to negate ANY forced movement (knockbacks, pulls) actively and even passively preventing them to be slowed as much as other classes (which nearly negated the effect of the Corruptions negative effect).

No, DKs aren't fast, but we are unstoppable and unrelenting.

Does this always work out? No. Rastakhan's boss fight for example was extremely unfavourable for DKs with constantly running from one place to the next (AND negating healing) But there are worse things.

In SLs we can balance this out with either the Night Fae or the Venthyr ability, that will bring our possible movement abilities up to 3, which should be enough for any decently created boss fight.

As for the why are we dealing with it?

1) The class has some of the most intricate lore of all and is connected heavily to the story of WC3 and WotLK. Widely known as some of the best stories ever told in this franchise.

2) The archtype of the Dark Knight has a strong pull, and you have the tragic backstory going with it (for the old ones at least, the AR DKs not so much)

3) Personally, I love swinging a big two-handed sword, especially for Tanking. Or you take a big spiky mace and ride that Sauron vibe. It just works.

4) A Tank that uses healing as primary mitigation is awesome and unique.

What.
    The.
    Fuck.
    Blizzard?

Lol YES you are missing something vital. DK's are about gripping stuff to THEM, and having talents which prevent them moving below a certain speed if they are forced to come to you. Having low mobility is PART OF their theme.

Miss the days in Legion where I used them Legendary boots that increased your movement speed... DK had like 165% running speed... XD

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. That People like different things, that speed increases aren't really that amazing, that they are balanced around doing higher damage if they maintain uptime as a skill etc.

OP the secret advantage to having such pathetic movement options is you're never actually expected to get off the boss for mechanics (unless it will kill you or it's an everyone dance move) since everyone knows how sad it would be to ask you to do a mechanic.
    So yes DK competitive viability drops off the face of the earth on high movement fights. It also kinda sucks most tiers when our high uptime damage is middling (the slow juggernaut meme counts for little when there's no juggernaut when you arrive).

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    We don't really have to run. We grip stuff to us instead.
    Pls papa Blizzo, let me grip Wrathion.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

What.
    The.
    Fuck.
    Blizzard?

DK being slow but unstoppable is entirely the fantasy they're going for with DK (cuz, y'know, death). How is this a new thing for you, when DK has been like this or slower for the past decade?

What.
    The.
    Fuck.
    Blizzard?

DKs got Grip, and yeah shame they nerfed NF so i wont get a second sprint...
    Rocked Boots and Sprint Potions are the DKs best friend btw ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Except a lot of the time Blizzard always remembers the slow as fuck fantasy when tuning but forgets the powerhouse part.
    I mean this was never really going to apply in PvE, as that'd just make DKs OP in almost every scenario. It's more of a PvP thing, where mobility matters a lot more.

If you're talking about PVP, you don't really need a speed boost when you have spammable ranged slows, and for unholy you also have pets and dots doing the damage for you even if you're out of range.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Death Knights are heavily armored engines of Death and Destruction, not quick and agile arcrobats like Demon Hunters or Monks. It's part of the class fantasy. We make up for this in other areas. Like Death's Advance's ability to negate ANY forced movement (knockbacks, pulls) actively and even passively preventing them to be slowed as much as other classes (which nearly negated the effect of the Corruptions negative effect).

No, DKs aren't fast, but we are unstoppable and unrelenting.

Does this always work out? No. Rastakhan's boss fight for example was extremely unfavourable for DKs with constantly running from one place to the next (AND negating healing) But there are worse things.

In SLs we can balance this out with either the Night Fae or the Venthyr ability, that will bring our possible movement abilities up to 3, which should be enough for any decently created boss fight.

As for the why are we dealing with it?

1) The class has some of the most intricate lore of all and is connected heavily to the story of WC3 and WotLK. Widely known as some of the best stories ever told in this franchise.

2) The archtype of the Dark Knight has a strong pull, and you have the tragic backstory going with it (for the old ones at least, the AR DKs not so much)

3) Personally, I love swinging a big two-handed sword, especially for Tanking. Or you take a big spiky mace and ride that Sauron vibe. It just works.

4) A Tank that uses healing as primary mitigation is awesome and unique.
    Unholy Aura is a part of class fantasy which granted DK's and their allies HP regen and 30% movement speed, so yea, DK's were supposed to be fast, but Blizzard decided to break our legs and put us into the wheelchair.

Multiple posts about grip
    So none of you raid? You know seeing as you can't grip bosses?
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why did you pick a slower class if you dislike being slow?

Stop ignoring the other advantages of Death Knight.