Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    I think there's more to it.
    Sylvanas is one of the few major characters still in the game that come all the way from Warcraft 3 and maybe the only one left on Horde side. She was here for the whole time, and you can't just make her bad out of the blue. Imagine they do the same to Jaina or Thrall? Such major characters just can't end so abruptly. Garrosh was not a major character, he came and went, and I believe was not generally liked person, so I guess not a lot of people believed that Blizz would just copypaste everything from Garrosh.
    It seems a little like a desperate attempt to make story, due to lack of inspiration. Throw this long-standing character under the bus, cause reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You weren't around for those, which is the key difference between you and your character and why your analogy is meaningless.
    It isn't meaningless. ANd I'll give you another one. By his absurd logic, I am responsible for both Persian Gulf Wars despite the fact I did not serve in either simply because it happened. I did not serve in nor support either Persian Gulf War therefore I played no part in it. It happening doesn't all of a sudden mean I did.

I think there's more to it.
    Sylvanas is one of the few major characters still in the game that come all the way from Warcraft 3 and maybe the only one left on Horde side. She was here for the whole time, and you can't just make her bad out of the blue. Imagine they do the same to Jaina or Thrall? Such major characters just can't end so abruptly. Garrosh was not a major character, he came and went, and I believe was not generally liked person, so I guess not a lot of people believed that Blizz would just copypaste everything from Garrosh.
    She was never "bad out of the blue", she was bad since WC3. Varimathras even said that she was starting to resemble more and more the Nathrezim who, by the way, are bad people.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It isn't meaningless. ANd I'll give you another one. By his absurd logic, I am responsible for both Persian Gulf Wars despite the fact I did not serve in either simply because it happened. I did not serve in nor support either Persian Gulf War therefore I played no part in it. It happening doesn't all of a sudden mean I did.
    Except you did. When you log in, that quest is already accepted and in your quest log as an accepted quest. That pop-up is irrelevant because the quest is automatically in your database of accepted quests as soon as you log in. So you accepted that quest.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Lol.. lowkey Blizzard telling you Sylvannas loyalist = Trump supporter
    This folk is what we like to call an "low IQ take", were you try to connect ANYTHING in the world to "orange man bad" in any shape or form.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    She was never "bad out of the blue", she was bad since WC3. Varimathras even said that she was starting to resemble more and more the Nathrezim who, by the way, are bad people.

Except you did. When you log in, that quest is already accepted and in your quest log as an accepted quest. That pop-up is irrelevant because the quest is automatically in your database of accepted quests as soon as you log in. So you accepted that quest.
    Are you going around annoying players on RP-realms telling them how their playstyle and choice of enjoying the game is invalid too?

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Lol.. lowkey Blizzard telling you Sylvannas loyalist = Trump supporter
    So much this!

This thread was just about the content you lose/get by choosing one side over the other and some white knights appear to remind people how BAD Sylvanas is as well as all people who chose to side with her. It's hilarious how some people are taking this game way too seriously

/popcorn

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Are you going around annoying players on RP-realms telling them how their playstyle and choice of enjoying the game is invalid too?
    Waving an admonishing finger wherever and whenever you feel fit, with a whole holier-than-thou attitude is a core element of Alliance RPing. You should know by now
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Waving an admonishing finger wherever and whenever you feel fit, with a whole holier-than-thou attitude is a core element of Alliance RPing. You should know by now
    And i did it wrong all the time!
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Im just saying the horde is responsible for every war..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    Alliance started the Battle for Azeroth.

They attacked the Goblins in Silithus out of the blue.. It's in the quest text.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

To make you feel like an edgy "anti-hero" without actually changing your gameplay at all.

Evil does not equal bad. Maybe she was evil, but she was not "bad" as in "bad guy" or "your enemy".

Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    Thats an opinion, not a fact.

Evil does not equal bad. Maybe she was evil, but she was not "bad" as in "bad guy" or "your enemy".
    Evil and bad are synonymous in this sense. Enemy is not. Your enemy isn't necessarily evil, and there are situations where you aren't fighting somebody who is nonetheless evil. But somebody being bad or evil is the same thing.

You can remove the "maybe", and since she was evil, there was always the possibility that she'd turn on you. Your fault for ignoring it.

The writing was literally on the wall.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

What was the point of introducing branching in BFA war campaign questline if the choices don't have any impact and all we got in the end is Garrosh 2.0?
    Did I miss something here? Was something scrapped out of the game or just not completed at all?
    I don't see any suitable conslusion for those who chose to side with Sylvanas, and now with Nathanos' death there surely be none coming.
    There was no point in the long term but this was obvious already, did you think they would have created two horde quest lines for SL, one for the loyalists and one for the “traitors”?

Way too much work.

You can remove the "maybe", and since she was evil, there was always the possibility that she'd turn on you. Your fault for ignoring it.

The writing was literally on the wall.
    Easy to say that after everything had already happened.

Easy to say that after everything had already happened.
    Not really. I predicted that Sylvanas would turn on the Horde since the BfA pre-patch. The story was very predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    There was no point in the long term but this was obvious already, did you think they would have created two horde quest lines for SL, one for the loyalists and one for the “traitors”?

Way too much work.
    They probably did. And then expected even more subdivisions. Which should make it clear why this was never a feasible path to begin with; you'd end up with hundreds of different paths in short order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I predicted that Sylvanas would turn on the Horde since the BfA pre-patch. The story was very predictable.
    Took ya that long huh? Was obvious the moment she was chosen as Warchief in Legion, even moreso after meeting her in Helheim.